Thread: 22-Year Old Man Found a Baby Abandoned in a Trash Can in Haiti and Decides to Become

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,631 Times in 9,141 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default 22-Year Old Man Found a Baby Abandoned in a Trash Can in Haiti and Decides to Become

Nice human interest story?!!

Taking a “leap of faith,” a young Haitian man is trying to adopt to a baby he found in a trash can despite it cutting into his university studies.

Long since legally-declared the boy’s guardian, 27-year-old Jimmy Amisial is merely waiting to raise money for the adoption procedure, and taking significant time away from university studies to do it.

The story goes that back in December 2017, a 22-year-old Mr. Amisial came home to visit his mom Elicie in Haiti during a study break from Texas State University where he’s studying communication and electronic media.

“When I woke up that day, I was totally unaware that my life was about to change forever,” Jimmy said.

Since he was a teenager, Jimmy has helped out at the orphanage next to his home, and on this trip, he’d brought back presents for the children.

He was on his way to the orphanage when he came across a large group of people huddled around a trash can. Jimmy made his way to the front of the commotion, and, to his disbelief, there was a four-month-old baby inside.

“People were crowding round this [trash] bin and I heard them arguing about what to do with this tiny baby,” said Jimmy. “Everyone was just staring at him—not a single soul wanted to help.”

Brave Jimmy scooped up the baby and took him home to his mother Elicie Jean, 66, where they washed, clothed and fed him milk, before taking him for medical help. The police launched an investigation to find the boy’s parents, but they were never traced.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/22-y...me-its-father/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-12-2022), evince (08-11-2022)