Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Trump a God to the right wing?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Default Is Trump a God to the right wing?

The two properties of God from the Judeo-Christian tradition are power and morality.
    God is a powerful being whose actions are by definition moral. God is beyond judgement.

Is Trump powerful? Even critics can admit this. The question is why do right winger refuse to admit Trump has even one flaw, one thing he has done that is unethical or criminal.
    They need to see him as a God that is beyond judgment.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Listen to how right wingers talk. They never say Trump is innocent or guilty. They say the claims against Trump are unjustified--that no one has the right to accuse Trump of wrongdoing.

They need to have a messiah, a perfect person beyond all criticism.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,713 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The two properties of God from the Judeo-Christian tradition are power and morality.
    God is a powerful being whose actions are by definition moral. God is beyond judgement.

Is Trump powerful? Even critics can admit this. The question is why do right winger refuse to admit Trump has even one flaw, one thing he has done that is unethical or criminal.
    You can tell Trump has reached demigod status with conservatives, because even the ones who claim they don't support Trump nonetheless are inexorably drawn to him and reveal their real feelings by defending him with every fiber of their being.

Even girlfriends don't leap out of their chairs to defend their boyfriends as ferociously as conservative posters leap at a chance to run cover for Trump.

4. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-11-2022)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

LurchAddams (08-11-2022), Rune (08-11-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

YEP
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,043 Times in 6,686 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

He is to those toothless racist fucks who show up at his rallies and protests. I think the millions of them all share one tooth.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Listen to how right wingers talk. They never say Trump is innocent or guilty. They say the claims against Trump are unjustified--that no one has the right to accuse Trump of wrongdoing.

They need to have a messiah, a perfect person beyond all criticism.
    It's all "bloodsport" to them. No holds bared. Dems need to start thinking like that if we're going to fix their damage. The we can pivot back to "civilized" once the damage is repaired.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You can tell Trump has reached demigod status with conservatives, because even the ones who claim they don't support Trump nonetheless are inexorably drawn to him and reveal their real feelings by defending him with every fiber of their being.

Even girlfriends don't leap out of their chairs to defend their boyfriends as ferociously as conservative posters leap at a chance to run cover for Trump.
    He says out loud what white supremacists are thinking. It started when he first announced with his racist, "Mexicans are rapists" screed. They love twump because he's not afraid to spew hatred, which before the twumptards had to keep to themselves.

It's all about white supremacy, as well as fear and hatred of, "the other". "The other" being anyone non-white or who doesn't think the evil ways they do.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (08-11-2022)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Listen to this MAGA moron's racist rant:

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

meaningless...........most all of the leftists on here call me a trump supporter, despite the hundreds of times i've said i'm not, nor can they show any posts where i've supported him..........but that doesn't matter to leftists who aren't any different than the trumpers. democrats do no wrong in their eyes
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    meaningless...........most all of the leftists on here call me a trump supporter, despite the hundreds of times i've said i'm not, nor can they show any posts where i've supported him..........but that doesn't matter to leftists who aren't any different than the trumpers. democrats do no wrong in their eyes
    Democrats of my generation have never had a Democratic president as morally corrupt, stupid, and pathologically dishonest as Trump to have to defend.

As for corrupt lower tier Democrats like Anthony Weiner or Cuomo, you don't see Democrats relentlessly defending them

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Trumpet (08-11-2022)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is all talk! Common conman!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Democrats of my generation have never had a Democratic president as morally corrupt, stupid, and pathologically dishonest as Trump to have to defend.

As for corrupt lower tier Democrats like Anthony Weiner or Cuomo, you don't see Democrats relentlessly defending them
    are you shortsighted or blue sunglasses? pelosi, for one. bill clinton, for another. there are countless others that lefties do defend, despite their OBVIOUS immorality and bad ethics......sometimes even criminality. the FEW times lefties turn on democrats is when the evidence cannot be refuted, like weiner and cuomo...........
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

are you shortsighted or blue sunglasses? pelosi, for one. bill clinton, for another. there are countless others that lefties do defend, despite their OBVIOUS immorality and bad ethics......sometimes even criminality. the FEW times lefties turn on democrats is when the evidence cannot be refuted, like weiner and cuomo...........
    Nope . You are drunk on Trump semen if you think Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, or Bill Clinton are as relentlessly and consistently corrupt and unethical as Donald Trumpf.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Rune (08-11-2022), Trumpet (08-11-2022)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Uh, there is a difference. Not big on nuance are you?
    Last edited by Rune; 08-11-2022 at 09:14 AM.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,248 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

You always call me a leftist, when I'm not. So, it all evens out.