Thread: The tide has turned!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The tide has turned!

Even Fox has abandoned the Trump claims of persecution. They are back to pretending there is a caravan about to hit the border.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (08-11-2022), Guno צְבִי (08-11-2022), ThatOwlWoman (08-11-2022), Trumpet (08-11-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,647 Times in 51,928 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rupert seems to be turning on Trump: https://www.poynter.org/commentary/2...-donald-trump/

Following this summer’s House select committee hearings regarding Jan. 6, punctuated for the moment by Thursday’s prime-time hearing, two of Murdoch’s signature media outlets wrote editorials criticizing and questioning Trump.

The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board had an editorial with the headline: “The President Who Stood Still on Jan. 6.”

The board wrote, “Mr. Trump took an oath to defend the Constitution, and he had a duty as Commander in Chief to protect the Capitol from a mob attacking it in his name. He refused. He didn’t call the military to send help. He didn’t call Mr. Pence to check on the safety of his loyal VP. Instead he fed the mob’s anger and let the riot play out. In the 18 months since, Mr. Trump has shown not an iota of regret.”

They added, “Character is revealed in a crisis, and Mr. Pence passed his Jan. 6 trial. Mr. Trump utterly failed his.”

The Post went even further. About Jan. 6, the Post’s editorial board wrote, “His only focus was to find any means — damn the consequences — to block the peaceful transfer of power. There is no other explanation, just as there is no defense, for his refusal to stop the violence.”

Then they dropped the hammer: “It’s up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime. But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.”

It’s hard to believe that either editorial board would have written that without Murdoch signing off on it. That certainly hints that Murdoch and his media empire are distancing themselves from Trump.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-11-2022), ThatOwlWoman (08-11-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,647 Times in 51,928 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

More evidence even Fox News realizes that Pedo Don is a traitorous liar:

Fox boss Lachlan Murdoch privately levels harsh criticism against Trump, sources say
    Fox News largely refrains from criticizing Donald Trump. But, in private, Lachlan Murdoch has denounced some of the former President's behavior in harsh terms.
    In private this year, the Fox Corp. chief executive has freely criticized Trump, saying that he disagrees with much of the way the former President behaves, sources tell me. Murdoch has gone so far as to tell people that he believes if Trump were to run again, it would be bad for the country....

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Trumpet (08-11-2022)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

its a tsunami.......but the demmycunts seem to have forgotten that after the tsunami hits and fades back in the ocean, the people are stuck dealing with the destruction the tide left behind.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Celticguy (08-10-2022)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,031 Times in 8,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    its a tsunami.......but the demmycunts seem to have forgotten that after the tsunami hits and fades back in the ocean, the people are stuck dealing with the destruction the tide left behind.....
    So your image of this next election is that it will be a Republican tsunami that will be destructive to the American people? You might be right.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-11-2022)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,030 Times in 12,560 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fantasy....Conservative media has generally been of the tone that America has become a banana republic, and that if we are going to save America then the American people must get our shit together...NOW.

Long rabid Never-Trumper National Review is an exception.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (08-11-2022), Matt Dillon (08-11-2022)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,753 Times in 14,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Rupert seems to be turning on Trump: https://www.poynter.org/commentary/2...-donald-trump/

Following this summer’s House select committee hearings regarding Jan. 6, punctuated for the moment by Thursday’s prime-time hearing, two of Murdoch’s signature media outlets wrote editorials criticizing and questioning Trump.

The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board had an editorial with the headline: “The President Who Stood Still on Jan. 6.”

The board wrote, “Mr. Trump took an oath to defend the Constitution, and he had a duty as Commander in Chief to protect the Capitol from a mob attacking it in his name. He refused. He didn’t call the military to send help. He didn’t call Mr. Pence to check on the safety of his loyal VP. Instead he fed the mob’s anger and let the riot play out. In the 18 months since, Mr. Trump has shown not an iota of regret.”

They added, “Character is revealed in a crisis, and Mr. Pence passed his Jan. 6 trial. Mr. Trump utterly failed his.”

The Post went even further. About Jan. 6, the Post’s editorial board wrote, “His only focus was to find any means — damn the consequences — to block the peaceful transfer of power. There is no other explanation, just as there is no defense, for his refusal to stop the violence.”

Then they dropped the hammer: “It’s up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime. But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.”

It’s hard to believe that either editorial board would have written that without Murdoch signing off on it. That certainly hints that Murdoch and his media empire are distancing themselves from Trump.
    A couple of weeks ago, Fox gave NO airtime to trump's Klan rally, and covered Pence's address instead.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-10-2022), ThatOwlWoman (08-11-2022)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Murdock kids have never approved of Trump, and have been vocal about it.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    So your image of this next election is that it will be a Republican tsunami that will be destructive to the American people? You might be right.
    no, you silly cunt......the image is you being dumber than shit and the independents realizing it.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

no, you silly cunt......the image is you being dumber than shit and the independents realizing it.......
    Walts record of being almost 100% wrong can only be arrived at through lying....you are being deceived for political profit.....manipulated.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (08-11-2022)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,031 Times in 8,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

You had a successful strategy, paint the Democrats soft on crime. Even though none of the important Democrats supported defund the police, you could twist things in that direction. Now that several Republicans have come out against the FBI, that strategy is gone.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-11-2022)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Even Fox has abandoned the Trump claims of persecution. They are back to pretending there is a caravan about to hit the border.
    "The tide has turned!"

I thought maybe Brandon's polls went above 39%.

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    "The tide has turned!"

I thought maybe Brandon's polls went above 39%.
    Depends on the poll. One from Quinnipiac has him at 31% and falling...

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Depends on the poll. One from Quinnipiac has him at 31% and falling...
    Yes but others say he's at 40%.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Yes but others say he's at 40%.
    The polling industry has no credibility remaining.

If they desire to be believed they must rebuild.

ADULTING