Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should conservatives start a new country?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 Times in 6,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Default Should conservatives start a new country?

They don't seem to align w/ American values anymore.

1) They believe a President is above the law. Really - they want more of a monarchy. They've argued for over a year that we're "not a democracy."
    2) They don't believe in the rule of law in general
    3) They don't believe in the 4th Estate, which was dear to the founders
    4) They don't believe in personal freedom - or at least for women, and for individuals to be able to self-identify in terms of gender and sexuality
    5) They no longer really want elections. That's under the guise of "we can't trust them," but really, they know with changing demographics that it's hard to win them now

The list could really go on & on. They just don't seem to like America, or what we're about. A new country would allow them to pollute like crazy, restrict freedoms, discriminate, shoot guns all the time, force women to carry a fetus against their will, tell all of the lies that they want without any media watchdog - it could be a dreamy place for them.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, and I forgot the separation of church & state!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

1) They believe a President is above the law. Really - they want more of a monarchy. They've argued for over a year that we're "not a democracy."
    4) They don't believe in personal freedom - or at least for women, and for individuals to be able to self-identify in terms of gender and sexuality
    5) They no longer really want elections. That's under the guise of "we can't trust them," but really, they know with changing demographics that it's hard to win them now

The list could really go on & on. They just don't seem to like America, or what we're about. A new country would allow them to pollute like crazy, restrict freedoms, discriminate, shoot guns all the time, force women to carry a fetus against their will, tell all of the lies that they want without any media watchdog - it could be a dreamy place for them.
    We're not a democracy, we are a Democratic Republic.

Personal freedom? That was trashed when Brandon forced citizens to under a medical procedure or lose their jobs.

The left HATES America and freedom and wants everyone to be wards of the state.

Wake the fuck up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Callinectes (08-09-2022)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post

Personal freedom? That was trashed when Brandon forced citizens to under a medical procedure or lose their jobs.

Wake the fuck up.
    We're also a Representative Democracy.

Sorry - conservatives are the fascists now. I'm not a big fan of Dems, but they still believe in the basics.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

You're going down a rabbit hole my man. Spending too much time on boards like this and reading Twitter and makes people go to extremes and the fringes. Don't fall into that trap.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 132 Times in 129 Posts

Nah we got one and we don't burn it's flag or try to erase it's founders.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You're going down a rabbit hole my man. Spending too much time on boards like this and reading Twitter and makes people go to extremes and the fringes. Don't fall into that trap.
    Appreciate it - but the reaction to a search warrant is my WTF moment.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 132 Times in 129 Posts

Go burn down another black neighborhood antifaggot.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're not the first on this board to wish we were separate countries (as if that would really solve anything; just because millions of people vote for Biden or Trump doesn't mean those folks would agree on everything and live in harmony if people from the other party were no longer around). Multiple people here have wished for the death of those who they disagree with politically.

It's not that people can't, or shouldn't, be passionate about politics but this is extreme and fringe stuff.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Callinectes (08-09-2022)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wake the fuck up.
    What is an "under a medical procedure" handjob?

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You're not the first on this board to wish we were separate countries (as if that would really solve anything; just because millions of people vote for Biden or Trump doesn't mean those folks would agree on everything and live in harmony if people from the other party were no longer around). Multiple people here have wished for the death of those who they disagree with politically.

It's not that people can't, or shouldn't, be passionate about politics but this is extreme and fringe stuff.
    I'm not WISHING it - I think that sometimes it looks inevitable, and I see it as something conservatives want. Not the left. Not the middle.

I think I've rationalized a lot from that side. But when it comes to a President being above the law? And make no mistake - that's not a JPP or twitter thing. That's GOP politicians out there right now, basically affirming that.

I just don't get it, at all. And I can't help but think - hey, if you want a guy to be above the law....

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    Nah we got one and we don't burn it's flag or try to erase it's founders.
    You just hate the police and everything this country stands for.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not WISHING it - I think that sometimes it looks inevitable, and I see it as something conservatives want. Not the left. Not the middle.

I think I've rationalized a lot from that side. But when it comes to a President being above the law? And make no mistake - that's not a JPP or twitter thing. That's GOP politicians out there right now, basically affirming that.

I just don't get it, at all. And I can't help but think - hey, if you want a guy to be above the law....
    You had people in California wanting to secede post the 2016 election. You have liberals on this board calling for America to split onto new countries, blue and red.

Boards like this are a mind fvxk after awhile. Sometimes taking a step back and reliving ourselves of our partisan and tribal daily mindset can be very therapeutic and allows us to see a bigger picture.

And to me there’s an element of irony in how we talk about democracy yet so much of our focus is on the President, and every single thing they do. Don’t get me wrong, I understand the importance of the Presidency but people treat them like they are the almighty and ruling king. It’s crazy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

BartenderElite (08-09-2022)

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,603 Times in 9,132 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

What about giving them Texas, they want to concede anyway?!!

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,187 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Wake the fuck up.
    Always love it, “freedom,” as I’ve said before, the right can take an abstract concept and reduce it to a bumper sticker cliche, amendable enough to apply it anywhere, I ain’t stopping at no Stop sign, it violates my “freedom”

Rights are based on reason, not desire

19. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-09-2022)