Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The psychology of those who STILL defend Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,074 Times in 6,784 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Default The psychology of those who STILL defend Trump

There is dug in, and then there is DUG IN.

Those who are still loyal to Trump and still react with such outrage to things like the 1/6 hearings and the search warrant yesterday have dug themselves in so far, that pulling back now would short-circuit something in their brains. It probably isn't possible for them to admit they're wrong anymore, just on a psychological level.

And I say this without judgement. I think most of us could look at our own lives and find something - not necessarily in politics, but somewhere - where we were equally invested, and where we just couldn't pull back from it no matter what the evidence to the contrary.

But this is going to be a big problem for America. When we have a President who millions think should be above the law - and who will support dismantling the FBI if Trump ever does get back in power - it's a real issue.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Althea (08-09-2022), christiefan915 (08-09-2022), Guno צְבִי (08-09-2022), LurchAddams (08-09-2022), PoliTalker (08-09-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,298 Times in 27,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

Those who are still loyal to Trump and still react with such outrage to things like the 1/6 hearings and the search warrant yesterday have dug themselves in so far, that pulling back now would short-circuit something in their brains. It probably isn't possible for them to admit they're wrong anymore, just on a psychological level.

And I say this without judgement. I think most of us could look at our own lives and find something - not necessarily in politics, but somewhere - where we were equally invested, and where we just couldn't pull back from it no matter what the evidence to the contrary.

But this is going to be a big problem for America. When we have a President who millions think should be above the law - and who will support dismantling the FBI if Trump ever does get back in power - it's a real issue.
    I haven't seen girlfriends defend their boyfriends as ferociously as MAGA fan boys defend their demigod.

On average, about 30 percent of any country are fascists. The La Pen family generally comes reasonably close to winning the French presidency. Bolsinaro and Putin command substantial support in Brazil and Russia.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

BartenderElite (08-09-2022), christiefan915 (08-09-2022), Guno צְבִי (08-09-2022), LurchAddams (08-09-2022), PoliTalker (08-09-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

It is not hyperbole to say they worship Trump like a God. This fits in the Christian myth of the perfect person beyond human judgment who is persecuted because of that perfection.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,876 Times in 8,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    It is not hyperbole to say they worship Trump like a God. This fits in the Christian myth of the perfect person beyond human judgment who is persecuted because of that perfection.
    Just tell us what crime he has committed. Six years and nothing. It has nothing to do with trump it has to do with you people claiming you have him but you never do. Repeat after me, "Wolf"! LMBO pea brained

7. The Following User Groans At Yakuda For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (08-09-2022)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

I think most of those people are disingenuous since they didn't show up for him on 1/6.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Just tell us what crime he has committed
    He took classified documents from the White House.

He extorted the President of Ukraine.

He led an insurrection against the government and peaceful transition of power.

He tried to overturn the 2020 election results in GA (and probably other states too).

He colluded with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election.

Just because some Republicans reflexively defended him doesn't mean he's not guilty of all that shit.

What no one can figure out is why are you defending him? You don't owe him anything.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-09-2022), LurchAddams (08-09-2022)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just tell us what crime he has committed. Six years and nothing. It has nothing to do with trump it has to do with you people claiming you have him but you never do. Repeat after me, "Wolf"! LMBO pea brained
    I think the reason why you're such a piece of shit about all of this is because you intrinsically linked yourself to Trump, so any attack on him is an attack you take personally.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

LurchAddams (08-09-2022)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

By the way - Trump knows the psychology of his supporters better than anyone.

And he plays them like a fiddle, every time. His response yesterday was perfect for that crowd.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

LurchAddams (08-09-2022), PoliTalker (08-09-2022)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And he plays them like a fiddle, every time. His response yesterday was perfect for that crowd.
    He keeps you looking at him. You are mesmerized by him aren't you?

16. The Following User Groans At Yakuda For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (08-09-2022)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

His supporters and defenders are all the dumbest fucking people to have ever walked the Earth.

And they're also the biggest pussies to ever walk the Earth.

And they all have the biggest, fattest mouths.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (08-09-2022), LurchAddams (08-09-2022)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He keeps you looking at him. You are mesmerized by him aren't you?
    Interesting sort of flex.

He's a very prominent political figure - and this is a political board. I know you guys are uncomfortable talking about him.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-09-2022), Joe Capitalist (08-09-2022), LurchAddams (08-09-2022), PoliTalker (08-09-2022)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Interesting sort of flex.

He's a very prominent political figure - and this is a political board. I know you guys are uncomfortable talking about him.
    I have no problem talking about him I just don't see a reason to as he is a private citizen. I'd bet my mortgage that at least 90% of the trump related posts on this site are started by leftist meatheads. I know you people get your rocks off to him but come-on you must have something else in your life.

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no problem talking about him I just don't see a reason to as he is a private citizen. I'd bet my mortgage that at least 90% of the trump related posts on this site are started by leftist meatheads. I know you people get your rocks off to him but come-on you must have something else in your life.
    Private citizen, who also happens to be the de factor leader of the Republican Party, who is currently being investigated, who is actively involved in dozens of mid-term races, and is the presumptive '24 nominee for the GOP.

But yeah. Why mention him on a political board.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-09-2022)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no problem talking about him I just don't see a reason to as he is a private citizen.
    He's the former President, and that is significant.

But I get why you want to play it all down, since you defended him during his entire term and you don't want to have to eat shit for it today.

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'd bet my mortgage that at least 90% of the trump related posts on this site are started by leftist meatheads.
    It's funny how you couldn't shut the fuck up enough about Trump when he was President, but now it seems you don't want to talk about him at all.

Bringing up Trump just brings up the fact that you coddled and defended him, and you don't want people to remember that because you don't want to ever be held accountable for any of the shit you say, think, or do.