Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Didn't Want 'Wounded Guys' in a Military Parade: 'Doesn't Look Good For Me'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Default Trump Didn't Want 'Wounded Guys' in a Military Parade: 'Doesn't Look Good For Me'

”Doesn’t look good for me’: Trump sought to exclude wounded veterans from parade”

“As President Donald Trump sought to hold a spectacular military parade on the Fourth of July, the former president had a request that stunned his top military advisers: He didn’t want wounded veterans to be on display.”

“Trump had been inspired to hold a grand Independence Day parade in the summer of 2018 after attending the Bastille Day parade in France the year before. However, he reportedly lamented the presence of wounded soldiers in wheelchairs who had lost limbs in battle, requesting they not be present.”

“Look, I don’t want any wounded guys in the parade. This doesn’t look good for me.”

“The comment stunned the generals present for the meeting, worsening frustrations already brewing amid the administration, according to the book.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...eterans-parade

What can one say?

But the Trumpkins loved him when he humped the flag

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-08-2022), Guno צְבִי (08-08-2022), PoliTalker (08-08-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for Trump- BUT NOTHING LOOKS GOOD FOR HIM ANYMORE!

By the time 2024 elections come around, Donald Trump will be convicted of planning a coup to overthrow an election, Convicted of trying to bribe a state elector, Convicted of Tax Fraud and Tax Evasion, in jail, divorced, bankrupt, and laughing stock to the entire world!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-08-2022), PoliTalker (08-08-2022), signalmankenneth (08-09-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

“This doesn’t look good for me.”

“Those are our heroes,” reportedly countered John Kelly, Trump’s chief of staff and a retired Marine Corps general. “In our society, there’s only one group of people who are more heroic than they are—and they are buried over in Arlington.”

“I don’t want them,” Trump reportedly said again. “It doesn’t look good for me.”
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

signalmankenneth (08-09-2022)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    ”Doesn’t look good for me’: Trump sought to exclude wounded veterans from parade”

“As President Donald Trump sought to hold a spectacular military parade on the Fourth of July, the former president had a request that stunned his top military advisers: He didn’t want wounded veterans to be on display.”

“Trump had been inspired to hold a grand Independence Day parade in the summer of 2018 after attending the Bastille Day parade in France the year before. However, he reportedly lamented the presence of wounded soldiers in wheelchairs who had lost limbs in battle, requesting they not be present.”

“Look, I don’t want any wounded guys in the parade. This doesn’t look good for me.”

“The comment stunned the generals present for the meeting, worsening frustrations already brewing amid the administration, according to the book.”

What can one say?

Trump still twisting your panties?

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Trump still twisting your panties?
    You kidding, Trump is a gift from Heaven for the Democrats, they just hope he stays near the top of the media agenda and the disclosures just keep coming

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-08-2022), Guno צְבִי (08-08-2022), Walt (08-08-2022)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

What can one say?

Are the wounded historically a part of military parades other than after a successful war?

I tend to doubt it.

Trump is Fine.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Geeko Sportivo,

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news for Trump- BUT NOTHING LOOKS GOOD FOR HIM ANYMORE!

By the time 2024 elections come around, Donald Trump will be convicted of planning a coup to overthrow an election, Convicted of trying to bribe a state elector, Convicted of Tax Fraud and Tax Evasion, in jail, divorced, bankrupt, and laughing stock to the entire world!
    That would be justice.

And his followers either claiming the charges were 'politically motivated, Trumped up,' (ha ha , like they would say that,) or claiming they never supported him.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Are the wounded historically a part of military parades other than after a successful war?

I tend to doubt it.
    His many straight military parades has the US ever had other than after a successful war?

Probably one of the reasons the Generals opposed the idea, and it was after Trump witnessed France’s military parade, which they stepped up cause they heard Trump liked such, and, included wounded veterans, that Trump came to that decision, no wounded veterans on display

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Geeko Sportivo,

That would be justice.

And his followers either claiming the charges were 'politically motivated, Trumped up,' (ha ha , like they would say that,) or claiming they never supported him.
    Quite frankly, my friend, I don't give a damn what TRUMPTARDS THINK OR SAY ANYMORE!

The nerve they all had putting Americans through the Trump Era, in the first place, will never be forgiven of the Republican Party by most Americans!

The Republicans have damaged themselves as a legitimate political party for several elections to come!

And here they are making all the same mistakes again with their insane support of Donald Trump and his GOON SQUAD CANDIDATES.

If that is not pouring Alcohol right into the wounds of America left behind by Donald Trump- I don't know what is.

Bring on the Midterms! The Democrats are on track to pick up 2 Senators now- AND Amazingly NOW ON TRACK TO EVEN HANG ON THE THE HOUSE!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 08-08-2022 at 04:04 PM.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,968 Times in 14,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

What can one say?

Who says? Another anonymous source? Yeah I'm sure this isn't another bullshit made up fact made up to sell books to democrat dupes.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,968 Times in 14,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

You kidding, Trump is a gift from Heaven for the Democrats, they just hope he stays near the top of the media agenda and the disclosures just keep coming
    They thought that in 2016 too until.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

What can one say?

" ...according to an excerpt of the forthcoming book The Divider by journalists Susan Glasser and Peter Baker.

YOU GOBBLE UP EVERY PILE OF BULLSHIT YOU ARE SPOONFED...AS USUAL.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poor anchovies,

Obvious bullshit or you wouldn't spend your every waking minute screeching his name and as for the Jan 6 fiasco, more proof Trump scares the shit out of the whole lot.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,020 Times in 8,278 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I remember the wounded at the Vietnam Veterans ticker tape parade.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Geeko Sportivo,

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Quite frankly, my friend, I don't give a damn what TRUMPTARDS THINK OR SAY ANYMORE!

The nerve they all had putting Americans through the Trump Era, in the first place, will never be forgiven of the Republican Party by most Americans!

The Republicans have damaged themselves as a legitimate political party for several elections to come!

And here they are making all the same mistakes again with their insane support of Donald Trump and his GOON SQUAD CANDIDATES.

If that is not pouring Alcohol right into the wounds of America left behind by Donald Trump- I don't know what is.

Bring on the Midterms! The Democrats are on track to pick up 2 Senators now- AND Amazingly NOW ON TRACK TO EVEN HANG ON THE THE HOUSE!
    That would be truly awesome if Democrats could keep both the House and Senate. It does appear that Republicans are having a bit of a bad aftertaste from their absurd flirtation with extremism.

The die hard right wing haters are still going to vote for extremism, but the more moderate ones and independents are pulling back from it. January 6th, and Roe are not playing well with the masses. A majority of Americans do not support J6 or the Roe reversal. But typically, the economy is the one thing that motivates most voters. With Democrats passing a bill called the Inflation Reduction Act, even if it is dubious if it will really do much to reduce inflation, the stage is set for the less well informed to give Democrats credit for falling gas prices. Most Americans are not very well politically informed. And if inflation in general cools, Democrats will get credit. If inflation does not cool, Democrats will get the blame, but that would have happened anyway, so nothing lost in passing the Bill. And it does a lot of good things.

With all the trials of the J6 insurrectionists in the news, and Trump acting like his usual embarrassing self, and new tell-all books coming out all the time, there are a lot of reasons and reminders of why voters should walk away from the Republicans.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.