Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC Mayor Eric Adams blasts Texas Gov. Greg Abbott after second bus of migrants arriv

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Eric Adams is Mayor of New York city not the metro area dumbass.
    You said people are "leaving NYC in droves".

Except that the NYC metro area grew from last year.

So you're either a liar or an idiot.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    *1 family of welfare leeches moves next door*

"People are moving to West Texas again".

Again? Why did they stop moving?
    Some 319,020 residents fled New York state between July 2020 and July 2021, according to US Census Bureau data released last week — a 1.6% year-over-year loss that made New York the nation’s leading state for population decline. Texas, which grew by 310,288 people and doesn’t charge its residents any income tax, notched the country’s largest gain.
    https://nypost.com/2021/12/27/why-ne...s-and-florida/
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's kind of a sad commentary on how divided and hateful Americans have become, when RWNJs are chortling over dumping a group of jobless, penniless people on some other city or state, rather than reaching across the aisle to create a workable solution. Sick. Will we die of this cancer as a nation?
    here s a "workable solution" -secure the border -same as Trump did
    Biden is such a dummy he stopped the wall,and now finally is filling in "gaps" for the wall

Biden ended REMAIN in Mexico and invited everyone to come -which they did
    This is all on Biden -stop blaming others

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Some 319,020 residents fled New York state between July 2020 and July 2021
    Which represents less than 2%.

So less than 2% of NY's population left during the pandemic.

2% is droves?

So once again, you're either a liar or an idiot.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

a 1.6% year-over-year loss that made New York the nation’s leading state for population decline.
    LMAO!

Less than 2%.

Texas, which grew by 310,288 people
    LMAO! that is 1%.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 6,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Doit! They would probably rather stay in Texas anyway because people are leaving NY in droves.
    Nope, just the trumps. I hear their method of travel was, "being run out on a rail".
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    here s a "workable solution" -secure the border -same as Trump did
    The border is fine...what's not fine is the fact that you want to stop immigration to the US because of the Replacement Theory, to which you subscribe.

Biden is such a dummy he stopped the wall,and now finally is filling in "gaps" for the wall
    Moron, Trump's wall didn't stop 1 single migrant from making the journey to the US border.

His dumb wall didn't deter a single person.

Keeping them in Mexico didn't deter a single migrant from making the journey there; all it did was create a humanitarian crisis at the border.

And you also lied about getting an unsolicited mail in ballot because you were trying to interfere in the 2020 election using Russian Active Measures.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Biden ended REMAIN in Mexico and invited everyone to come
    Ah, so the Remain in Mexico policy AND the wall didn't deter a single migrant from making the journey to the border.

So you didn't stop the flow of migrants to the border...you just stopped them at the border, but they still came to the border and some still managed to get in.

So you tried to deter them from coming by having this policy and building the wall, but neither stopped the flow of migrants to the border.

You didn't solve the key issue, which was the fact that people were coming to the border in the first place. You have no solution to that issue because deterrence is clearly not working and you're out of ideas.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

In June, authorities recorded 191,898 apprehensions at the border, following more than 222,000 the previous month. Would-be migrants have been processed after crossing the southwestern border more than 1.7 million times so far this year, already exceeding last year’s record-setting tally. Distinctive catastrophes — such as the deaths of 53 migrants in an abandoned tractor-trailer in San Antonio in June — have only punctuated these grim figures.

With this influx has come a host of related problems. Human trafficking has surged. Huge amounts of illegal weapons and drugs — in particular, fentanyl — have turned up at the border. So far this year, 56 migrants have been flagged by the Terrorist Screening Database, up from 15 last year. More than 15,000 unaccompanied children were picked up in June alone. Border-state governors have been sending busloads of asylum seekers to Washington, D.C., where social-safety nets are fraying as a result.

During his four years in office, former President Donald Trump attempted to reduce migrant flows using two programs. The first, known as Remain in Mexico, required most asylum seekers to remain south of the border while their cases were processed. In response to legal challenges and the start of the pandemic, that policy was set aside in favor of another measure, Title 42, which allowed for widespread expulsions on public-health grounds. Though implemented haphazardly, both policies had the effect of significantly slowing unauthorized entries.

As for Biden? He’s been trying to shut down both programs since the start of his presidency, without specifying plausible alternatives. He has proposed a funding cut for border apprehensions and removals. He published an ill-conceived reform structure that seemed to act as an invitation for further migration without laying the necessary groundwork.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...ng/ar-AA10pQX8

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 6,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry I farted in your face . Next time don't try to lick my ass. If the wind is blowing from New Mexico why are people moving to West Texas again. Are you aware that New Mexico is west of most Texas and I live in North Texas not West Texas. -0/10 Lurch just say no to drugs. for accuracy.
    "How bad is it?". C'mon.. twumptard. You want to know. Ask me!
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You said people are "leaving NYC in droves".

Except that the NYC metro area grew from last year.

So you're either a liar or an idiot.
    Your data is out of date. This data is from 2021 and as reported by NBC in New York. Sorry that you are a moron. It must be hard.

New York City experienced a significant population shift last year, with four of its five counties losing a greater percentage of people than almost any other major county in the United States, the U.S. Census Bureau detailed Thursday.

Data analysts from the Census Bureau point to migration as the primary factor behind such significant shifts in population from 2020 to 2021. But not every county is down. The bureau found that at least 65% of metropolitan areas felt a population increase from 2020 to 2021.

The New York metro area lead all others in population loses, according to the census data. The combination of New York, Newark and Jersey City reflected a population loss of more than 385,000 people, almost double that of the Los Angeles, Long Beach and Anaheim region.

“The patterns we’ve observed in domestic migration shifted in 2021,” said Dr. Christine Hartley, assistant division chief for estimates and projections in the Census Bureau’s Population Division.

“Even though over time we’ve seen a higher number of counties with natural decrease and net international migration continuing to decline, in the past year, the contribution of domestic migration counteracted these trends so there were actually more counties growing than losing population," Hartley continued.

Breaking this trend was New York City. In a closer look at the city's changing population numbers by county, Manhattan (New York County) had the greatest percentage drop. According to the census data, the island saw a 6.9% decline between April 2020 and July 2021.
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ounty/3616010/
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Poor Walt, can't tell the difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens
    So goober you can tell if someone is documented?
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your data is out of date.
    LMAO!

Your data is from 2021, mine is from 2022.

Does 2021 come before or after 2022?

Is time linear?

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your data is out of date. This data is from 2021 and as reported by NBC in New York. Sorry that you are a moron. It must be hard.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ounty/3616010/
    I am a New Yorker
    I was raised on cultural diversity before it was politically correct

I eat Greek food and Italian food, Jewish and Middle Eastern food and

Chinese food

Because they are all American food to me.

I don't get mad when people speak other languages in my presence

Because my relatives got to this country via Ellis Island and chose to stay

They were New Yorkers
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In June, authorities recorded 191,898 apprehensions at the border, following more than 222,000 the previous month. Would-be migrants have been processed after crossing the southwestern border more than 1.7 million times so far this year, already exceeding last year’s record-setting tally. Distinctive catastrophes — such as the deaths of 53 migrants in an abandoned tractor-trailer in San Antonio in June — have only punctuated these grim figures.

With this influx has come a host of related problems. Human trafficking has surged. Huge amounts of illegal weapons and drugs — in particular, fentanyl — have turned up at the border. So far this year, 56 migrants have been flagged by the Terrorist Screening Database, up from 15 last year. More than 15,000 unaccompanied children were picked up in June alone. Border-state governors have been sending busloads of asylum seekers to Washington, D.C., where social-safety nets are fraying as a result.

During his four years in office, former President Donald Trump attempted to reduce migrant flows using two programs. The first, known as Remain in Mexico, required most asylum seekers to remain south of the border while their cases were processed. In response to legal challenges and the start of the pandemic, that policy was set aside in favor of another measure, Title 42, which allowed for widespread expulsions on public-health grounds. Though implemented haphazardly, both policies had the effect of significantly slowing unauthorized entries.

As for Biden? He’s been trying to shut down both programs since the start of his presidency, without specifying plausible alternatives. He has proposed a funding cut for border apprehensions and removals. He published an ill-conceived reform structure that seemed to act as an invitation for further migration without laying the necessary groundwork.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...ng/ar-AA10pQX8
    So thanks for proving Biden is better at snatching up illegal border crossings than Trump ever was.

Your policies during Trump didn't deter a single migrant from coming to the border...so you didn't solve that problem, you just pushed it onto other people.