Thread: Republicans losing midterms

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

Default Republicans losing midterms

The forecast has changed since it began polling in early June. Back then, the Democrats were only predicted to have a 40 percent chance to keeping the Senate, with the Republicans 60 percent chance of taking it. Since then, the Democrats have grown in popularity and now for the first time have overtaken the Republicans, and are on course to keep the Senate.

Democrats Favored to Win Senate for First Time as Polling Improves: 538
    https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-f...me-538-1728325

It seems republicans are doing every thing they can to lose this midterm. Inflation won't be the number one concern when the midterms get here it will be abortion. The country is watching these republican states like Indiana banning abortion and the country wants no part of it. The midterms will be a referendum on a woman's right to control her body and they won't be voting for republicans.

Voter registration that is typically roughly 50:50 male:female has changed markedly. The number of new females registering to vote has shot up to as much as 70% in some states and the spike coincides nicely with the overturning of R v W. I wonder what has caused so many females to decide to start voting? If it happens to be the fact the fascist republican wants to strip her of her right to control her body the republicans are in trouble. I look for the democratic party and it's candidates to make this midterm a referendum on a woman's rights and every republican candidate made to answer the question of are they in favor of taking it away. The price of gas has fallen every day for about the last 50 and republicans will be using inflation as a reason to vote for them and it will be working less and less every day.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

Cypress (08-07-2022), evince (08-07-2022), PoliTalker (08-07-2022), ThatOwlWoman (08-07-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

meanwhile, the only changes RCP has made to its predictions since summer began are
    8/3 Missouri Leans GOP »»» Likely GOP 46 8 46
    8/3 Washington Leans Dem »»» Likely Dem 46 8 46
    8/3 Ohio Leans GOP »»» Toss Up 46 8 46
    7/31 Illinois Likely Dem »»» Safe Dem 46 7 47
    6/21 Alabama Likely GOP »»» Safe GOP 46 7 47
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...tions-map.html

they show 46 (D) 8 tossups 46 (R).......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,516 Times in 52,735 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    The forecast has changed since it began polling in early June. Back then, the Democrats were only predicted to have a 40 percent chance to keeping the Senate, with the Republicans 60 percent chance of taking it. Since then, the Democrats have grown in popularity and now for the first time have overtaken the Republicans, and are on course to keep the Senate.

It seems republicans are doing every thing they can to lose this midterm. Inflation won't be the number one concern when the midterms get here it will be abortion. The country is watching these republican states like Indiana banning abortion and the country wants no part of it. The midterms will be a referendum on a woman's right to control her body and they won't be voting for republicans.

Voter registration that is typically roughly 50:50 male:female has changed markedly. The number of new females registering to vote has shot up to as much as 70% in some states and the spike coincides nicely with the overturning of R v W. I wonder what has caused so many females to decide to start voting? If it happens to be the fact the fascist republican wants to strip her of her right to control her body the republicans are in trouble. I look for the democratic party and it's candidates to make this midterm a referendum on a woman's rights and every republican candidate made to answer the question of are they in favor of taking it away. The price of gas has fallen every day for about the last 50 and republicans will be using inflation as a reason to vote for them and it will be working less and less every day.
    I'll give you another sign that things aren't looking so great for the Repukes. Young women I know are FIRED UP about this election, even the ones who are usually meh about politics like two of my three daughters. My current and former college classmates, all in their 20s, are not only planning to vote too but they are actively enlisting their friends to do so as well. The forced-birthers might be trying to drag us all back to the pre-Roe dark ages, but they are going to lose this battle -- and their representatives in govt.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (08-07-2022), evince (08-07-2022), PoliTalker (08-07-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I'll give you another sign that things aren't looking so great for the Repukes. Young women I know are FIRED UP about this election, even the ones who are usually meh about politics like two of my three daughters. My current and former college classmates, all in their 20s, are not only planning to vote too but they are actively enlisting their friends to do so as well. The forced-birthers might be trying to drag us all back to the pre-Roe dark ages, but they are going to lose this battle -- and their representatives in govt.
    That's it, they know which political party brought them forced pregnancies and what they have to do to fix the problem, vote for the democrat. No real need for a referendum like Kansas, this entire midterm is a referendum on their abortion rights. If the democrat holds congress they will codify a woman's right to choose and places like Indiana can go suck an egg.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

evince (08-07-2022), ThatOwlWoman (08-07-2022)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    meanwhile, the only changes RCP has made to its predictions since summer began are

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...tions-map.html

they show 46 (D) 8 tossups 46 (R).......
    So it looks like a 1 pt favor for the dems in Illinois and a 1 pt favor for the repubs in Alabama and a tie in Missouri, Washington and Ohio. Biden just scored with killing the AQ leader, having the lowest unemployment rate in this countries history, passing a the burn pit legislation and the inflation reduction act all in 1 week. That is not to mention a jump in voter registration for females up to about 70%. Do you think they are registering to vote because they like the idea of republicans telling them whether or not they can have an abortion?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-07-2022), ThatOwlWoman (08-07-2022)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Polls are annoying. What people discuss instead of the issues.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

I doubt that this election will matter much, too much power has already been removed from the people, and the Revolution has spent the time since the last election insulating themselves from all future elections.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So it looks like a 1 pt favor for the dems in Illinois and a 1 pt favor for the repubs in Alabama and a tie in Missouri, Washington and Ohio. Biden just scored with killing the AQ leader, having the lowest unemployment rate in this countries history, passing a the burn pit legislation and the inflation reduction act all in 1 week. That is not to mention a jump in voter registration for females up to about 70%. Do you think they are registering to vote because they like the idea of republicans telling them whether or not they can have an abortion?
    I think it will add tons of lib'rul votes in blue states......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Port Tack,

If only Democrats could keep the House as well.

We shall see.

It doesn't seem likely, but then Dems taking the Senate wasn't either.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello PT,

That's it, they know which political party brought them forced pregnancies and what they have to do to fix the problem, vote for the democrat. No real need for a referendum like Kansas, this entire midterm is a referendum on their abortion rights. If the democrat holds congress they will codify a woman's right to choose and places like Indiana can go suck an egg.
    That Kansas referendum will happen in the 2024 presidential. That will bring Democrats out to vote.

Very interesting.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I doubt that this election will matter much, too much power has already been removed from the people, and the Revolution has spent the time since the last election insulating themselves from all future elections.
    The Republican Party cheats in elections

COLD HARD USA COURT DOCUMENTED FACT

Republicans don’t win with the majority of votes ever now

Why?

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Considering repukes have lost their souls to tRump, the devil and foreign enemies, why should there be an incentive at continuing to give seditious and insurrectionist repukes any further influence on the well being of society and humanity as they whore it up, squander it up and drink it up on the taxpayer money. They all should be disbanded and preferably declared persona non grata in the U.S., and let democrats and moderates take the lead.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I think it will add tons of lib'rul votes in blue states......
    Kansas isn't liberal what happened there?

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Kansas isn't liberal what happened there?
    no Republicans lost their seat in Congress...

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

To be clear...state abortion laws will stick no matter who controls the Senate.

Given the regional aspect of state level elections, these Republicans are safely seated for life.

The ones who are passing these laws.

Perhaps when the governor seats swing to Democrats there will be a difference, but even then we see legislators stripping away the power from the aforementioned.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.