Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, saltydancin, serenity, Yakuda and ParachuteAdams

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Putin's Ukraine Cataclysm

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Ukraine didn't have heavy western weapons and artillery until April, and not in any quantity until this summer.

Almost all the weapons Ukraine had on hand for the first couple months was it's stockpile of Soviet era weapons.

History has numerous examples of a nation with superior technology being bested by a highly motivated force with inferior weapons.
    it's all about logistics and weapons
    https://www.csis.org/analysis/russia...modern-warfare
    evertheless, the Russian military faced numerous challenges in conducting its air campaign.

First, the Russian air force failed to achieve air superiority against a Ukrainian military with notable air defense capabilities, such as Stinger man-portable air-defense systems, S-300 surface-to-air missile systems, and other systems—thanks, in part, to Western aid. The success of Ukrainian air defenses deterred Russian aircraft from freely operating over most of Ukrainian-controlled territory. This meant that one of Russia’s primary ways to strike deep into Ukraine was through cruise missiles launched from Russia, Belarus, and maritime vessels in the Black Sea.

Second, the Russian air force faced recurring logistics challenges, including running low on stocks of long-range, precision-guided munitions. Three weeks into the war, for example, the Russian air force began to run low on precision-guided munitions, such as laser- and satellite-guided bombs, which caused the Russians to use a growing number of unguided artillery shells, rockets, and missiles from the ground forces.18 When it came to weapons systems such as the Iskander-M short-range ballistic missile system, the Russian military was also hesitant to expend a portion of its stockpile, which it needed for defense against the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and other threats.19 In addition, dozens of Russian UAVs, such as the Orlan-10, Orlan-20, Orlan-30, Eleron-3, and Forpost, were shot down on the battlefield or subject to electronic jamming.20 These challenges were exacerbated by t

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    it's an artillery slug out for the most part and Ukraine has HIMAR GPS targeting
    That weapon allows hitting Russian ammo dumps,and rail lines and bridges by Ukraine beyond Russian ability to strike back at them
    CLEARLY JAVELIN RENDERED TANK COLUMNS OBSOLETE, and drones have been used Russia doesnt have

Russia has superior missiles and can strike far into Ukraine,but cant advance armor.

It ALL about the weapons
    And Ukrainians are fighting for their homes. The Russians aren't.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

it's all about logistics and weapons
    https://www.csis.org/analysis/russia...modern-warfare
    evertheless, the Russian military faced numerous challenges in conducting its air campaign.

First, the Russian air force failed to achieve air superiority against a Ukrainian military with notable air defense capabilities, such as Stinger man-portable air-defense systems, S-300 surface-to-air missile systems, and other systems—thanks, in part, to Western aid. The success of Ukrainian air defenses deterred Russian aircraft from freely operating over most of Ukrainian-controlled territory. This meant that one of Russia’s primary ways to strike deep into Ukraine was through cruise missiles launched from Russia, Belarus, and maritime vessels in the Black Sea.

Second, the Russian air force faced recurring logistics challenges, including running low on stocks of long-range, precision-guided munitions. Three weeks into the war, for example, the Russian air force began to run low on precision-guided munitions, such as laser- and satellite-guided bombs, which caused the Russians to use a growing number of unguided artillery shells, rockets, and missiles from the ground forces.18 When it came to weapons systems such as the Iskander-M short-range ballistic missile system, the Russian military was also hesitant to expend a portion of its stockpile, which it needed for defense against the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and other threats.19 In addition, dozens of Russian UAVs, such as the Orlan-10, Orlan-20, Orlan-30, Eleron-3, and Forpost, were shot down on the battlefield or subject to electronic jamming.20 These challenges were exacerbated by t
    Everybody on this board knew well before the invasion that Ukraine had a few hundred stinger missile launchers.

But even with that knowledge, on February 24 almost everyone on this board, including you and including most military experts, expected Russia's superpower military to overrun Ukraine in a few days

You cannot belatedly claim after the fact that you totally expected that a second rate European nation would fight a world military superpower to a standstill.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Everybody on this board knew well before the invasion that Ukraine had a few hundred stinger missile launchers.

But even with that knowledge, on February 24 almost everyone on this board, including you and including most military experts, expected Russia's superpower military to overrun Ukraine in a few days

You cannot belatedly claim after the fact that you totally expected that a second rate European nation would fight a world military superpower to a standstill.
    Bingo

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    People forgot to check Ukraine history

I checked

That is how I knew they would fight
    MAGA turds on this board spent the first few weeks of this war screaming that Ukranians should just surrender and submit to avoid casualties and destruction.

People in that part of the world are hardned by history and by one thousand years of invasions and wars. In defence of home and hearth, they are going to resist with tenacity and fortitude.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

they had more then that, but what nobody saw coming was the Javelin .They were so effective the remove Russian tanks from being an asset unable integrate combined arms on the battlefield That is a YUGE difference from previous war

Ukraine was able to blunt most of the effects of these cyberattacks through an aggressive cyber defense, with help from private companies, Western governments, and other state and non-state actors.
    you really should look thru the lnk

Ground Operations: In the initial phase of the war, Russian forces along the northern front relied on the roads to avoid Ukraine’s marshes and forests. While the advantage in numbers, artillery, and cannon fire from armored vehicles allowed Russian forces to quickly advance toward Kyiv, Ukrainian forces inflicted significant casualties using anti-tank ambushes. As Russian forces moved through Ukrainian villages and towns, local civilians provided intelligence on their location and movement, while Ukrainian special forces and UAVs marked targets for artillery.24 As Figure 2 highlights, many of Russia’s vehicles were marked with a “Z” to delineate that they were from the Russian military.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

MAGA turds on this board spent the first few weeks of this war screaming that Ukranians should just surrender and submit to avoid casualties and destruction.

People in that part of the world are hardned by history and by one thousand years of invasions and wars. In defence of home and hearth, they are going to resist with tenacity and fortitude.
    I'm for helping Ukraine. There are Libratards here that support Russia. So I think you misrepresent peoples opinions. While I disagree with people that want to let Ukraine solve their own problems I see their point of view and respect their opinion. I however see this like Hitler's expansionism. It must be stopped early or Ukraine would be only the first step. I would rather that we wouldn't have to deal with this issue but I feel if we don't it will be worse in the end. I do realize however that this thing may spiral out of control to a full fledged shooting war with Russia and that is something no one wants.

BTW Biden's aggressive stance against fossil fuels have helped raise the price of fossil fuels and that has helped Russia finance this war. Even as we speak the Democrats are busy trying to put more taxes on the fossil fuel industry which will only raise the price of fossil fuel. And that will help Putin pay for his war.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 08-07-2022 at 08:48 AM.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    I'm for helping Ukraine. There are Libratards here that support Russia. So I think you misrepresent peoples opinions. While I disagree with people that want to let Ukraine solve their own problems I see their point of view and respect their opinion. I however see this like Hitler's expansionism. It must be stopped early or Ukraine would be only the first step. I would rather that we wouldn't have to deal with this issue but I feel if we don't it will be worse in the end. I do realize however that this thing may spiral out of control to a full fledged shooting war with Russia and that is something no one wants.
    I really appreciate how bipartisan the support for Ukraine has been.

Moon in not even an American citizen, so I do not claim him as an American liberal. Hopefully for every Annatta, Stone, and Hawkeye demanding Ukranian surrender,or promoting Kremlin propaganda there are five MAGAs who supports Ukraine.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    People forgot to check Ukraine history

I checked

That is how I knew they would fight
    I was laughably wrong that the chances were slim Putin would order a full scale Invasion.

But I felt like the Ukrainian army would not be routed and easily defeated.

Ukraine is not Chechnya, Georgia, or Moldava. Ukraine is a large country with a substantial military, capable of inflicting significant damage.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

they had more then that, but what nobody saw coming was the Javelin .They were so effective the remove Russian tanks from being an asset unable integrate combined arms on the battlefield That is a YUGE difference from previous war

you really should look thru the lnk
    On February 24 you would never have predicted that a second rate European nation would fight a world military superpower to a standstill for six months.

Any revisionism and belated attempt to backtrack and claim it was totally expected that Ukraine would fight Putin to a draw does not pass the laugh test.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (08-07-2022)

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I really appreciate how bipartisan the support for Ukraine has been.

Moon in not even an American citizen, so I do not claim him as an American liberal. Hopefully for every Annatta, Stone, and Hawkeye demanding Ukranian surrender,or promoting Kremlin propaganda there are five MAGAs who supports Ukraine.
    If you appreciate the bipartisan support chill with your MAGAtard rhetoric and simply realize many of us MAGA supporters also want to Make Ukraine Free Again.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was laughably wrong that the chances were slim Putin would order a full scale Invasion.

But I felt like the Ukrainian army would not be routed and easily defeated.
    When I heard that the Russian military had moved blood banks to the Russian Ukraine border I knew Russia's invasion was eminent. I was laughably wrong when I thought it would be a route.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Cypress (08-07-2022)

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    I'm for helping Ukraine. There are Libratards here that support Russia.
    You mean moon? It's anyone's guess what moon is! Who are the other "libratards" who support Putin?

Putin has lost the support even of most of the far right in Europe, formerly his devoted admirers. They've spent the past six months hastily backing off.

I think we can assume this wasn't part of his plan. The master chess player has blown it.
    Last edited by Tranquillus in Exile; 08-07-2022 at 11:21 AM.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For you anti MAGA Trump haters who are pro Ukraine. Trump had the CIA training Ukrainians inside of Ukraine for all 4 years of his Presidency. The CIA taught Ukrainian snipers and how to use Javelin missiles and taught them how to covertly operate behind enemy lines and how to communicate without detection. Remember how many Russian generals and colonels were killed by snipers and all the tanks that were killed by Javelins early in the war. Trump made sure Ukraine got Javelins and Democrats whined about it. Biden pulled them out of Ukraine.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 08-07-2022 at 03:19 PM.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!