Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, saltydancin, serenity, Yakuda and ParachuteAdams

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kyrsten Sinema signs onto Biden's economic bill

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If I want to offer grace I’d say it’s understandable older (white) people might not have heard of the term although it’s been around since at least 2016 (that’s when I first started really hearing it) and was a term used by progressives. So people who are saying they never heard the term until Republicans used within the past year or two live in a serious bubble to me, however offering grace one can say it’s a generational thing. Like a lot of movements they can go too far and get pushback and that’s what has happened to the woke movement.
    The way the Trumppers are using it is to suggest the there is something wrong with being against racism.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    If you're so fucking stupid you spell "bear" as "bare", that disqualifies anything else you say from being taken seriously.

Besides, Kavanaugh lied his drunken ass off.

His college roommate said as much.

Plus, he and Barret both lied about respecting precedent.

But then that's what conservatives do.

They lie about everything to get what they want.
    Your witness lied and is facing perjury charges, you guys are so fucking ignorant. people such as yourself is why I sometimes think abortion should be legal
    Doc Dutch finally admits he is a steaming pile of chickenshit!

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    If they mean, being overly sensitive to the possibility of racism, they need another word, don't lampoon people who are accurately aware of social injustice.
    Anyone who takes anything to the point of hare-brained silliness is asking to be lampooned.

Left or right.

The way the Trumppers are using it is to suggest the there is something wrong with being against racism.
    Not about being against racism and it's not just Trumpers.

It's about many of those who consider themselves "woke" acting like Chicken Little or The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

IOW, describing anything that any POC or member of the other protected groups (women, alphabets, etc) disapproves of or gets offended by as "racism" or some other bad "ism".

All that is accomplishing is to drive more people away and toward the right.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow Hawk View Post
    Your witness lied and is facing perjury charges, you guys are so fucking ignorant. people such as yourself is why I sometimes think abortion should be legal
    One woman who nobody ever heard of or heard from admitted she made up a false rape allegation, but neither BK's main accuser Christine Blasey Ford who testified at the hearing or James Roche, his college roommate have been accused of lying or charged with anything, you lying redneck piece of dog shit.

C'MON MAN!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (08-05-2022)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One woman who nobody ever heard of or heard from admitted she made up a false rape allegation, but neither BK's main accuser Christine Blasey Ford who testified at the hearing or James Roche, his college roommate have been accused of lying or charged with anything, you lying redneck piece of dog shit.

Ford is who I was referring to, she later admitted to bearing false witness, god damn you are fucking ignorant, you make DU seem smart

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow Hawk View Post
    Ford is who I was referring to, she later admitted to bearing false witness, god damn you are fucking ignorant, you make DU seem smart
    And you were full of shit like you are now, you hillbilly loser.

It was NOT Ford.

It was the woman I referred to as "One woman who nobody ever heard of or heard from..." who admitted she falsely claimed to be the author of a letter that contained a rape allegation. But even in light of that, the woman is not facing perjury charges as you falsely claimed she is.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/fo...nst-kavanaugh/

God damn you are fucking ignorant, you make my neighbors dog seem smart.

C'MON MAN!!!!

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Because Democrats are voting FOR it.

That has become the sole criteria for Republicans to be against almost anything.

The only time they'll allow themselves to dragged kicking and screaming into yes votes, is if it involves some issue that they have to be publicly SHAMED into voting for.

Like the recent Veterans Burn Pit Exposure Recognition Act that they tried to kill, but thanks in part to the efforts of Jon Stewart and others who took their shameless partisanship, dragged it out into the open, exposed it to the public and rubbed their noses in it, they were beaten and whipped into submission as they needed to be.
    It started the moment a Black president was elected

They voted against their own written and sponsored bills whenObama said he would sign them into law

A dead party walking

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And you were full of shit like you are now, you hillbilly loser.

It was NOT Ford.

It was the woman I referred to as "One woman who nobody ever heard of or heard from..." who admitted she falsely claimed to be the author of a letter that contained a rape allegation. But even in light of that, the woman is not facing perjury charges as you falsely claimed she is.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/fo...nst-kavanaugh/

God damn you are fucking ignorant, you make my neighbors dog seem smart.

it was ford

https://www.newsweek.com/christine-b...timony-1458217

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1497661002/

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Utter bullshit.

1) Ford admitted nothing.

2) It was her attorney who, while giving a speech, made a comment in which she said "When he (Kavanaugh) takes a scalpel to Roe v. Wade, we will know who he is, we know his character, and we know what motivates him, and that is important; it is important that we know, and that is part of what motivated Christine."

So then.... motivated her to do what?

Lie? Where do you get that from?

Or maybe by "motivated" she meant motivated her to come forward and tell the truth about what that drunken little preppie asshole did to her because he knew he could get away with it.

I believe the latter. You believe your right-wing bullshit propaganda.

You're so full of shit they ought to declare you a bio hazard.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    It started the moment a Black president was elected
    I wouldn't say that.

It started long before Obama, but just reached a new level after him.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (08-05-2022)

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

I’m proud to be woke, considering the alternative is to be asleep to reality. No wonder the Trumper’s prefer not to be woke, they can’t stand reality.
    They oppose higher education and knowledge.

They are the dupped supporters who keep the rich powerful, easily conned with culture war issues to vote against America, vote against their own better interest.

It is flat amazing that Republicans were going to vote against the bill to provide health care for vets suffering from a myriad of diseases associated with military burn pits.

How dumb was that? The Army was instructed to burn all their waste nearby their camps, so when the wind was right people inhaled the gasses of burning plastic, tires, paint cans, chemicals, all kinds of noxious stuff. But since the vets couldn't PROVE their illnesses were associated with these burn pits, the VA would not hep them.

Who needs an enemy when the US Army is literally killing it's own soldiers?

The problem was identified, legislation was drafted to direct the VA to take care of these people, some have already died, and Republicans first supported it, then decided they didn't. Only after being called out for callousness, did they finally relent, and allow successful good legislation to go through.

Their problem? The president who would sign it is a Democrat. They didn't want him to appear to have any success while in office.

Talk about partisanship.

Republicans will do anything to make America suffer just so it makes Democrats look bad. Republicans do not care about America. They only care about their party and power.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (08-05-2022), Jarod (08-05-2022)

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If I want to offer grace I’d say it’s understandable older (white) people might not have heard of the term although it’s been around since at least 2016 (that’s when I first started really hearing it) and was a term used by progressives. So people who are saying they never heard the term until Republicans used within the past year or two live in a serious bubble to me, however offering grace one can say it’s a generational thing. Like a lot of movements they can go too far and get pushback and that’s what has happened to the woke movement.
    Some people pay attention to the news, most don't.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

That’s not what it is. It’s a push back against the excesses of wokeness. One can be woke and not support it’s excesses. One can be woke and be racist. There are lots of factors at play.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

Some people pay attention to the news, most don't.
    It’s more than just the news. The nightly news isn’t ending its newscast with “stay woke fam”