Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, saltydancin, serenity, Yakuda and ParachuteAdams

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kyrsten Sinema signs onto Biden's economic bill

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,006 Times in 8,033 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Thanks for helping the evil side
    Thank YOU for helping the SJW nitwit side alienate common sense centrist Americans from the Democrats and the left.

Because that is what the "wokies" are doing.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,006 Times in 8,033 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Red pill or blue pill

That is what woke is
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill

The terms "red pill" and "blue pill" refer to a choice between the willingness to learn a potentially unsettling or life-changing truth by taking the red pill or remaining in contented ignorance with the blue pill. The terms refer to a scene in the 1999 film The Matrix.
    The only choice is the red pill
    How about people use their brains and common sense?

Think for themselves instead of gobbling down some movie inspired, pop-culture bullshit about taking imaginary pills?

If you rely on something as stupid as that to form your opinions, you'll never see the truth about anything anyway.

And BTW, you are the one taking the "blue pill".
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Defined Wokeness as being aware of social injustice, How can there be an excess of being aware of social injustice?
    Do you think there should be police? Because a woke position is the police were founded as slave patrols and have never lost their white supremacy mentality/mindset. Since there can’t be an excess of social injustice is it possible to hold a contrary position to that?

Should we have tests and grades in school? The truly woke position is those are metrics created by white supremists in American schools. If we can’t have excess awareness can you argue against those positions?

I could go on but that’s the basic idea.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I don’t think you understand woke or wokeness based on that comment.
    Ouu, a personal challenge.

You should know by now I don't do personal.

I come here to talk about politics.

Nobody gave a care about woke until Tucker Carlson decided to use it to sell advertising and entrance his followers with yet another reason to hate on liberals.

It has never been a very big part of our lexicon.

But that's what Tucker does. I get it. It's OK. It is what it is.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

Ouu, a personal challenge.

You should know by now I don't do personal.

I come here to talk about politics.

Nobody gave a care about woke until Tucker Carlson decided to use it to sell advertising and entrance his followers with yet another reason to hate on liberals.

It has never been a very big part of our lexicon.

But that's what Tucker does. I get it. It's OK. It is what it is.
    It’s not a challenge, it’s a statement of fact. If you think Tucker Carlson is only the one who uses that term and no one else would if he didn’t, I don’t know what to tell you.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theywillneverlearn! View Post
    Looks like this is all monies going to something else other than public assistance That is a huge win for anyone that votes conservative.
    Only the smart ones.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Then why will every Republican vote against it?
    You might want to recheck your count.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

It’s not a challenge, it’s a statement of fact. If you think Tucker Carlson is only the one who uses that term and no one else would if he didn’t, I don’t know what to tell you.
    Still hung up on the personal thing, eh?

And you, being the individual whom I have reached out to many times to add to my rather large list of friends, people I choose to respect by adding to that list. It is a list which includes liberals, conservatives, libertarians, everyone except those who cannot be polite.

Here, we have this relationship established over years of discussions, and you can't even acknowledge it by clicking a box that says yes, we are friends. But still you want to go personal, and act like you know me.

I can tell I am making good points when those who wish to believe otherwise try to go personal.

What does it matter to you what my understanding of the term woke is?

We've been around and around on it in my thread devoted to understanding the term.

I have presented the actual definition of the word in the thread. I have examined the term, listened to what people think about it, and it's very clear. The term means two entirely different things to people depending on whether they are fans of Tucker Carlson or not.

Or if people simply listen to rumors generated by Tucker Carlson.

He has succeeded in befuddling the social understanding of the term. There is the actual dictionary definition, and the perverted Tucker Carlson version. Just like Critical Race Theory.

I'll stick with the dictionary and common sense, thank you. I think it is wise to try to avoid rumors.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,910 Times in 21,670 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you think there should be police? Because a woke position is the police were founded as slave patrols and have never lost their white supremacy mentality/mindset. Since there can’t be an excess of social injustice is it possible to hold a contrary position to that?

Should we have tests and grades in school? The truly woke position is those are metrics created by white supremists in American schools. If we can’t have excess awareness can you argue against those positions?

I could go on but that’s the basic idea.
    We need police, but the mentality of policing needs dramatic change and not only on racial grounds. They should not be used as social workers. There is significant racism with the police that is intolerable. I don’t know a single person who does not believe we need an agency that enforces laws and makes arrests. Police officers lie and overstep their authority with impunity and it needs to stop. It’s become acceptable for them to bully beyond their constitutionally allowed bounds.

I believe we should do away with school grading systems as we know it. It does not accurate mark achievement as it currently exists, it also does not measure future success in college or in the nonacademic world. It’s my experience grades mostly reflect an ability to cheat without getting caught or an ability to parrot dates and names back to teachers instead of an ability to think or find and synthesize information.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,910 Times in 21,670 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Theywillneverlearn! View Post
    You might want to recheck your count.
    Why?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Utter bullshit.

1) Ford admitted nothing.

2) It was her attorney who, while giving a speech, made a comment in which she said "When he (Kavanaugh) takes a scalpel to Roe v. Wade, we will know who he is, we know his character, and we know what motivates him, and that is important; it is important that we know, and that is part of what motivated Christine."

So then.... motivated her to do what?

Lie? Where do you get that from?

Or maybe by "motivated" she meant motivated her to come forward and tell the truth about what that drunken little preppie asshole did to her because he knew he could get away with it.

I believe the latter. You believe your right-wing bullshit propaganda.

You're so full of shit they ought to declare you a bio hazard.
    she just changed her story 100 times to I don't recall, fucking pathetic just like the idiots that follow JB
    Doc Dutch finally admits he is a steaming pile of chickenshit!