1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You don't think at all, AssWipe.
    Nice. Bless you for putting up with that - had to go on my ignore, which is rare now.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 Times in 7,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    don't you think it's extreme to call for murder of the opposite political party?

you guys are the terrorists.
    I am, perhaps, but not my party.
    My party isn't calling for people like you to be "disappeared."

That's strictly me. I haven't talked the others into it yet!
    I'll never, however, stop trying.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

3. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I, and others, have posted several stories of women who had to flee their states to get abortions. In fact, this thread began with a story of a woman who had to flee.

It is reality that this is happening. You may question how often women who need abortions must go to another state to get them, but it is obviously happening.

We are having a problem that the alt right cannot accept reality.
    Anecdotal bullshit. Let's see the NUMBERS of women "fleeing for the chance to kill their babies".

PRACTICALLY NO ONE.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (08-07-2022)

5. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,179 Times in 14,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    They've had nearly 50 years!
    Yep if Dems should be mad they should be mad at their representatives.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

6. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    You might ask Jerry Falwell Jr. about that.

And also this sounds like the religious right's version of Sharia Law.
    It's not enough for them to enjoy the freedom to believe whatever they want. They have to try to push their religion onto others and that's wrong.

It is not Christian's business how others live their lives.

They need to just live and let live.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-07-2022)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (08-06-2022)

9. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,581 Times in 9,988 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...ks-set-to-rise

We will already have the worst maternal mortality rate in the industrial world. Where a typical country has three mortality out of 100,000 live births, while the USA has a mortality rate of 17 (more than five times higher). States like Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee, are becoming illegal, already had mortality rates above 30. They will get much worse.

There are about 3.6 million births per year in the USA. If the mortality rate goes up by 10, there will be 3,600 more women that die. If you think abortion is murder, that might not be a lot of deaths. There might be about 600,000 abortions per year, and anti-abortion laws in some states might reduce the number of abortions by 10%. That would be 60,000 fetuses (or "unborn babies" as the Republicans call them). Maybe 3,600 women dying is worth saving 60,000...

But we should not lie. This is going to kill women.
    C,mon now Walt. FLEEING? They are literally FLEEING? Like they are screaming at the top of their lungs...running like the devil himself is chasing them.....scrambling out the door....jumping in their car and burning rubber all the way out of the state doing 120 the whole way? FLEEING? You libtards REALLY are some drama QUEENS.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-06-2022), Earl (08-07-2022)

11. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Why would there be a mass exodus? Women needing abortions are relatively rare, so the number of women fleeing is a constant trickle, not a mass thing. Also an exodus is usually an immigration (more permanent), where as fleeing to get an abortion would be more temporary. They flee, get the abortion, and then they return home.
    I wonder how these new red state laws are going to work to punish women for traveling to get an abortion. What are they going to do? Put her in prison? Separate her from her other children? Way to enhance family values, there, Republicans. Or is it just going to be a fine. Just what a struggling young family needs. Many women who seek an abortion already have children. They just don't want any more. Often, they are just too poor to be taking on another child.

What if the young woman moves to another state, gets an abortion, and then wants to move back a few years later? How long would this punishment period last? For life? 18 years? Who knows.

And if she just stays in the blue state, no punishment.

Republicans would create such a strange system, where some women would not be allowed in certain states.

Would women have to show a card at the state line when entering to prove they have not had an abortion? How would that work?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-07-2022)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Walt (08-07-2022)

14. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello LurchAddams,

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Every time there is a school shooting. The GOP says, "hopes and prayers" and "how dare the left politicize it?". And then we have another school shooting.
    'Politicizing it' = talking about it, right? Actually having an honest discussion about an issue?

Well, if it's never the right time to talk about it then they never have to face the issue they are hoping to avoid.

Very convenient, right?

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-07-2022)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

LurchAddams (08-06-2022)

17. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I do think...which is why I say that a woman with a pregnancy occurring in her own body should have the right to terminate it if she chooses.

There is no reason to lessen the number of abortions happening each year. The number happening is just the number happening.

Anyone who thinks they are on some moral crusade by opposing a woman's right to have an abortion is kidding him/herself. A pro-choice stance is every bit as moral as an anti-abortion choice.
    It's hard to talk to people who think they have some higher calling. They do not feel responsible for their position. They 'have been commanded by the almighty.' All they are doing is simply enacting the wishes of the creator/overseer being. Not their fault they've been called upon, right?

There is nothing which can be said to counter such a heavy devotion to controlling the lives of others.

It's like if others don't share their religion they are going to force it's rules upon them anyway.

In the form of law.

They are supposed to get the freedom to their own beliefs, but others don't.

And that's just not fair.

And it's not what's in the Constitution.

There is no place in the Constitution that says we are a Christian nation.

Actually it says no laws can be made respecting an establishment of religion.

Which is kind of what this anti-abortion nonsense is.

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-07-2022)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-07-2022)

20. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello LurchAddams,

'Politicizing it' = talking about it, right? Actually having an honest discussion about an issue?

Well, if it's never the right time to talk about it then they never have to face the issue they are hoping to avoid.

Very convenient, right?
    <shrug> This is what I'm saying.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-06-2022)

22. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello LurchAddams,

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    <shrug> This is what I'm saying.
    Yeah, we can see what they are doing.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

LurchAddams (08-06-2022)

24. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,684 Times in 17,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

I, and others, have posted several stories of women who had to flee their states to get abortions. In fact, this thread began with a story of a woman who had to flee.

It is reality that this is happening. You may question how often women who need abortions must go to another state to get them, but it is obviously happening.

We are having a problem that the alt right cannot accept reality.
    Walter, let’s be clear.

I hope women have to go to the moon to murder their unborn infants.

Is that clear enough?

25. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Frank,

It's hard to talk to people who think they have some higher calling. They do not feel responsible for their position. They 'have been commanded by the almighty.' All they are doing is simply enacting the wishes of the creator/overseer being. Not their fault they've been called upon, right?

There is nothing which can be said to counter such a heavy devotion to controlling the lives of others.

It's like if others don't share their religion they are going to force it's rules upon them anyway.

In the form of law.

They are supposed to get the freedom to their own beliefs, but others don't.

And that's just not fair.

And it's not what's in the Constitution.

There is no place in the Constitution that says we are a Christian nation.

Actually it says no laws can be made respecting an establishment of religion.

Which is kind of what this anti-abortion nonsense is.
    Horse mierda.

26. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    C,mon now Walt. FLEEING? They are literally FLEEING? Like they are screaming at the top of their lungs...running like the devil himself is chasing them.....scrambling out the door....jumping in their car and burning rubber all the way out of the state doing 120 the whole way? FLEEING? You libtards REALLY are some drama QUEENS.
    Indeed.

“Fleeing.”

Lol

27. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,581 Times in 9,988 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Indeed.

“Fleeing.”

Lol
    I know..... As if they are fleeing an advancing army. Like they are in war torn Ukraine or something. Oh the horror of it all.... How silly.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Earl (08-07-2022)