Members banned from this thread: LV426

Thread: DeSantis boots Tampa Bay area woke prosecutor for failing to enforce state laws

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default DeSantis boots Tampa Bay area woke prosecutor for failing to enforce state laws

https://nypost.com/2022/08/04/desant...ce-state-laws/
    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has suspended a George Soros-backed prosecutor for failing to enforce state laws and will seek his dismissal.

DeSantis said Hillsborough County State Attorney Andrew Warren — who oversees the Tampa Bay area — will be removed from his post immediately.

At a press conference Thursday, DeSantis said Warren had “publicly put himself above the law” while frustrating local deputies and citizens with a soft-on-crime approach.

DeSantis said Warren directed his office to let serious offenses slide and that he vowed not to enforce any current or future laws regarding abortion or gender-reassignment surgery on minors.

The governor ripped permissive prosecutors around the country Thursday and said cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles have deteriorated as a result.

“We are not going to allow the pathogen that’s been around the country of ignoring the law, we are not going to allow that to get a foothold here in the state of Florida,” he said. “We are going to make sure our laws are enforced and no individual prosecutor puts himself above the law.”

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister lauded DeSantis’ action Thursday, asserting that his deputies and residents had tired of Warren’s soft-on-crime approach.

As an example, Chronister said Warren’s office declined to bring a case against an alleged gang member who shot a victim and then fired into a home where he fled.

That residence, Chronister said, was filled with women and children.

He noted that Warren’s office said it wasn’t filing charges because the depositions would be too onerous.

Chronister said Warren acts as a “supreme authority” by “reducing charges, dropping cases and singlehandedly determining what crimes will be legal or illegal in our county.”

DeSantis argued that failing to enforce laws causes disproportionate damage to poorer communities.

He cited the recall of former San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin in making his point.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (08-04-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,062 Times in 8,414 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    https://nypost.com/2022/08/04/desant...ce-state-laws/
    Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has suspended a George Soros-backed prosecutor for failing to enforce state laws and will seek his dismissal.

DeSantis said Hillsborough County State Attorney Andrew Warren — who oversees the Tampa Bay area — will be removed from his post immediately.

At a press conference Thursday, DeSantis said Warren had “publicly put himself above the law” while frustrating local deputies and citizens with a soft-on-crime approach.

DeSantis said Warren directed his office to let serious offenses slide and that he vowed not to enforce any current or future laws regarding abortion or gender-reassignment surgery on minors.

The governor ripped permissive prosecutors around the country Thursday and said cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles have deteriorated as a result.

“We are not going to allow the pathogen that’s been around the country of ignoring the law, we are not going to allow that to get a foothold here in the state of Florida,” he said. “We are going to make sure our laws are enforced and no individual prosecutor puts himself above the law.”

Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister lauded DeSantis’ action Thursday, asserting that his deputies and residents had tired of Warren’s soft-on-crime approach.

As an example, Chronister said Warren’s office declined to bring a case against an alleged gang member who shot a victim and then fired into a home where he fled.

He noted that Warren’s office said it wasn’t filing charges because the depositions would be too onerous.

Chronister said Warren acts as a “supreme authority” by “reducing charges, dropping cases and singlehandedly determining what crimes will be legal or illegal in our county.”

DeSantis argued that failing to enforce laws causes disproportionate damage to poorer communities.

He cited the recall of former San Francisco DA Chesa Boudin in making his point.
    Yep. The person didn't do their job. Period. Get out

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

DeSantis, a far-right Republican, is a fucking moron.

But I repeat myself!
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-04-2022), signalmankenneth (08-04-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Yep. The person didn't do their job. Period. Get out
    exactly.
    You cant walk into store and stuff your bags full of shoplifting, you get locked up and prosecuted

This dweeb is a "soros prosecutor" - fuck that anarchy

Warren’s office declined to bring a case against an alleged gang member who shot a victim and then fired into a home where he fled.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Yakuda (08-04-2022)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I like it.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post

But I repeat myself!
    and yet, he rid the state of a potential menace to safety........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,062 Times in 8,414 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

But I repeat myself!
    You're a retard that's why you repeat yourself. You probably piss yourself too

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

But I repeat myself!
    I agree, this two bit napoleon is a wanna be dictator?!! And I sure as hell don't want to see him as president of this country either?!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-04-2022), Guno צְבִי (08-04-2022)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    You're a retard that's why you repeat yourself. You probably piss yourself too
    Only fucking morons use that word. But you are a Trump supporting asshole.

But once again, I repeat myself.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-04-2022)