Thread: GOP's plan to fight the recession

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    that is how things work.
    No. Not at all. Nothing happens "just because". Everything that happens in our economy happens because of the choices we are making.

There is no "invisible hand", all economic conditions are preordained by policy, meaning we know what is going to work and what is going to fail.

But I get it with you...magical thinking is all you have because you're too fucking lazy to do the work.

you can't demand that we only grow in value - that is not capitalism, that is bullshit cronyism
    No, that is capitalism. Extracting value from growth is the job of capitalists and solely capitalists.

You don't even know what the fuck you're saying now...that's how badly I've run circles around you in this debate thread.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

yet 5% of the population is using 33% of the global resources.
    Has nothing to do with the recession.

A recession is when spending drops and the economy contracts, which it will always do if you pull back spending and/or freeze people's wages.

you can't reconcile your whine with this fact - America already consumed more than it should be - and every Green knows it.
    You haven't made the connection between American consumption and a contracting GDP.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No, that is capitalism. Extracting value from growth is the job of capitalists and solely capitalists.
    you can't pretend this is capitalism when the rate is set outside of a market by men

sorry, this is cronyism. our friends get preferred treatment - you just admitted we can't allow for less spending - so you are controlling this - not capitalism at all when you control consumption

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you can't pretend this is capitalism when the rate is set outside of a market by men you just admitted we can't allow for less spending
    A recession is caused by a decline in spending, so if you continue to decline spending by pulling the purse strings, at what point does the economy cease contracting?

I should get paid for all the Econ 101 I teach here on JPP for free.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you can't pretend this is capitalism when the rate is set outside of a market by men

sorry, this is cronyism. our friends get preferred treatment - you just admitted we can't allow for less spending - so you are controlling this - not capitalism at all when you control consumption
    I want to ask you something very basic that is going to come off as mean and condescending, but do you know how an economy grows?

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

How come on 1/6, your ass was parked right here on JPP shitposting instead of fighting the fraud you alleged occurred in the 2020 election?
    Because I like to stay free, fucktard.

Go slither back under a rock, you piece of shit. I bet you've never worked a day of honest work in your life.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I want to ask you something very basic that is going to come off as mean and condescending, but do you know how an economy grows?
    Not by strangling a country's fuel supply, fucktard.

The Greater Depression is looming; And Biden caused it.

There's no escaping it now.

Basically an economy grows by doing the opposite of everything that Democrats advocate for.

True Story.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Not by strangling a country's fuel supply, fucktard.

The Greater Depression is looming; And Biden caused it.

There's no escaping it now.

Basically an economy grows by doing the opposite of everything that Democrats advocate for.

True Story.
    it's their POLICY.

they want to kill billions of people based on climate alarmism lies.

morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Matt Dillon (08-01-2022)

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

does it have to grow? I mean, because of our debt, I understand why you think it does. But what if we were in a world war one year, and the next we are in peace?

it's like the housing bubble - people felt like they are entitled to values always going up - but that is not an axiom to capitalism.

I again bring up how America is 5% of the global population and used about 33% of the global resources. You say we have to grow every year - but isn't that true of everyone? Don't they all need to grow every year?

I'm honestly curious if you have the mental capacity to see the problem here or not? all nations economies get to grow every single year or is that just ours that gets that promise?

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

does it have to grow? I mean, because of our debt, I understand why you think it does. But what if we were in a world war one year, and the next we are in peace?

it's like the housing bubble - people felt like they are entitled to values always going up - but that is not an axiom to capitalism.

I again bring up how America is 5% of the global population and used about 33% of the global resources. You say we have to grow every year - but isn't that true of everyone? Don't they all need to grow every year?

I'm honestly curious if you have the mental capacity to see the problem here or not? all nations economies get to grow every single year or is that just ours that gets that promise?
    many people feel it must keep expanding.

our society is set up as a ponzi scheme, basically. and thats dumb.

organic growth is good.

on paper fake growth through creating asset bubbles is usually what we get.

we know nothing of reality, basically.

the fiat money lie has gone on so long.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 Times in 27,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I just read all 31 pages of the plan you linked ( https://rescueamerica.com/wp-content...olicy-Book.pdf ). Could you point out on what page I can find his "...plan to end SS, Medicare, Medicaid, (and) rais(e) taxes on the middle class (while) cutting them for the wealthy?" I didn't see any of that specifically called for or anything close to it.

Or is it you're just gaslighting us?

What a load of crap it is

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Scott

Rick Scott likes to plead the fifth and admit to felonies

On March 19, 1997, investigators from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Health and Human Services served search warrants at Columbia/HCA facilities in El Paso and on dozens of doctors with suspected ties to the company.[31] Eight days after the initial raid, Scott signed his last SEC report as a hospital executive. Four months later, the board of directors pressured him to resign as chairman and CEO.

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

During Scott's 2000 deposition, he pleaded the Fifth Amendment 75 times.[37] In settlements reached in 2000 and 2002, Columbia/HCA pleaded guilty to 14 felonies and agreed to a $600+ million fine in what was at the time the largest health care fraud settlement in U.S. history. Columbia/HCA admitted systematically overcharging the government by claiming marketing costs as reimbursable, by striking illegal deals with home care agencies, and by filing false data about use of hospital space. It also admitted to fraudulently billing Medicare and other health programs by inflating the seriousness of diagnoses and to giving doctors partnerships in company hospitals as a kickback for the doctors referring patients to HCA. It filed false cost reports, fraudulently billing Medicare for home health care workers, and paid kickbacks in the sale of home health agencies and to doctors to refer patients. In addition, it gave doctors "loans" never intending to be repaid, free rent, free office furniture, and free drugs from hospital pharmacies

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    it's their POLICY.

they want to kill billions of people based on climate alarmism lies.

S'truth!

Reduce the world population to 512 million that they can control every facet of daily life of.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (08-01-2022), Into the Night (08-01-2022)