Thread: Anyone wonder what happened to Darth

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I don't know. Someone tinkered with the Advanced Search function and now it no function....at least not for me.

Otherwise, I'd word search his first message or 10. It'd most likely come up there. "Democrat" and his user name is a good start in advanced search.
    Trust me, he is a Democrat.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,485 Times in 52,488 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Trust me, he is a Democrat.
    There's an old Russian proverb which Reagan turned back to the Soviet Union: "Trust, but verify".
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

evince (08-03-2022)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Covid?
    Considering a majority of posters on this board are Boomers you can't rule out health issues when people stop posting. However I'm sure many people who have posted here over the years have enjoyed doing so but then reached a point where they either no longer enjoy it or choose to spend their time in others ways and just stop coming here. Having posted here way too long myself I know I've seen people that used to post a lot then take even years off from posting before making a return visit.

The other reality is this board gets very few new posters (outside of new socks being created). Some of us may like the 'intimacy' that creates as we all kind of "know" each other but at the same time you can pretty much guess how each person is going to react to a particular event which leads to the same discussions over and over. Not exactly the most simulating environment in that regard. So I can understand people who get bored here.

But I don't recall Darth making any type of "peace out, I'm gone" type announcement. He just stopped posting as far as I can tell.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

anatta (08-04-2022), ExpressLane (08-12-2022), Life is Golden (08-03-2022), TOP (08-03-2022)

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Considering a majority of posters on this board are Boomers you can't rule out health issues when people stop posting. However I'm sure many people who have posted here over the years have enjoyed doing so but then reached a point where they either no longer enjoy it or choose to spend their time in others ways and just stop coming here. Having posted here way too long myself I know I've seen people that used to post a lot then take even years off from posting before making a return visit.

The other reality is this board gets very few new posters (outside of new socks being created). Some of us may like the 'intimacy' that creates as we all kind of "know" each other but at the same time you can pretty much guess how each person is going to react to a particular event which leads to the same discussions over and over. Not exactly the most simulating environment in that regard. So I can understand people who get bored here.

But I don't recall Darth making any type of "peace out, I'm gone" type announcement. He just stopped posting as far as I can tell.
    He was also a believer that the virus was fake, masks don't work and Trump's vaccine was a plot to inject nanobot tracking devices. Elderly people like that don't fare well in a pandemic.

I've known a few. The odds were against them based upon their age.

You and I both know most of the aggressive RW idiots on JPP are all talk. They are in retirement homes where they are protected and vaccinated. They talk tough but clearly lie a lot. Fine. Their choice. Others do live alone, don't wear masks and refused vaccinations. That group is at risk and the odds favor all of them will become sick at some point.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (08-03-2022), evince (08-03-2022)

8. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Agree with regard to anonymity, lying, and gossip...but I disagree with that "curse" (I'm sure you mean vulgarity) stuff.

The entire notion of words that should not be used...is an absurdity to me. If one can say "cuff" in a social setting...one should be able to make that same sound backwards in a social setting. And if "intercourse" can be used reasonably, why cannot "fuck" be used just as reasonably?

If vagina can be used, cunt should work just as well; cock as well as penis; tits as well as breasts/mammaries; blowjob/cocksucking as well as fellatio...and so on?

If "gosh" or "darn" or "rats" work...why not "motherfucker?"

The entire notion of "adult" language is insane.
    And you hear all that invective in public all the time now

It’s just how people talk now

9. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-03-2022)

10. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Covid?
    The way things work on this forum, probably just changed his name and continues to post

I swear there are a limited number of posters here, several, one in particular, posts under numerous pseudonyms, even both sides of an issue, so as I said, probability is that he just lagers his tag

11. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

evince (08-03-2022)

12. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Where did I indicate anything "upsets" me? No need to lie, it's all in the chronology of the posts.

I noted this board means nothing to me, you asked if I come here to vent or "depression." I then pointed out I never spend time here but you spend an inordinate amount of time here, which is a fact.

I don't care what you do. Don't care about this board. Why does that bother you? My apathy clearly does bother you. You do a lot of projecting which reads as you must be very unhappy.
    You were tossing shit at people being here dude

Face the repercussions of the shit you toss loser

13. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-03-2022)

14. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Odds favor a few of them have died of COVID. No masks, no vaccinations and denying the virus exists are sure ways to eventually get sick. Once sick, the odds favor about 20% dying in their age group and about 24% suffering long COVID.
    Or they drank the tea Putin sent them

15. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-03-2022)

16. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

17. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

When was your first year here?

18. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Agree with regard to anonymity, lying, and gossip...but I disagree with that "curse" (I'm sure you mean vulgarity) stuff.

The entire notion of words that should not be used...is an absurdity to me. If one can say "cuff" in a social setting...one should be able to make that same sound backwards in a social setting. And if "intercourse" can be used reasonably, why cannot "fuck" be used just as reasonably?

If vagina can be used, cunt should work just as well; cock as well as penis; tits as well as breasts/mammaries; blowjob/cocksucking as well as fellatio...and so on?

If "gosh" or "darn" or "rats" work...why not "motherfucker?"

The entire notion of "adult" language is insane.
    I still think decorum and proper language count for something.

I don't think we should have a society where no one raises an eyebrow if a ten year old kid is saying cunt or cock sucker.

And the more that adults are openly foul mouthed in public, the more kids are going to see that as the model to follow.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-03-2022), Doc Dutch (08-03-2022)

20. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Or they drank the tea Putin sent them
    No doubt they would in a heartbeat: "Vaxxes are bad, but Putin cream tea is goooood!" They're all crazy and/or dumbasses.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

evince (08-03-2022)

22. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Country Boy and Stretch also disappeared shortly after the last fleeting Kraken hopes were dashed on the rocks!
    I miss Bill too. I hope he's well.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

anatta (08-04-2022), christiefan915 (08-03-2022), evince (08-03-2022), Rune (08-03-2022)

24. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I still think decorum and proper language count for something.

I don't think we should have a society where no one raises an eyebrow if a ten year old kid is saying cunt or cock sucker.

And the more that adults are openly foul mouthed in public, the more kids are going to see that as the model to follow.
    Words are just words, but I agree with the element of discipline, specifically self-discipline, being important to a stable society. Some words, mostly depending upon usage, should be frowned upon.

25. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No doubt they would in a heartbeat: "Vaxxes are bad, but Putin cream tea is goooood!" They're all crazy and/or dumbasses.
    Except Putin puts radioactive bonuses in the tea he provides too

26. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Doc Dutch (08-03-2022)