Thread: I Don't Feel Like Eating

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Doctors tell us that everybody is potassium deficient- just as everybody is vitamin D deficient.

That is because the average human body needs about 4700 MG's of Potassium as a daily requirement- THAT IS A LOT. And because you can consume vitamin D all day long, but in order for your body to absorb Vitamin D effectively, your skin has to be exposed to some sunlight. Yes, like plants, humans also need a certain amount of photosynthesis.

All beans have potassium, but Lima Beans have the very most potassium of just about any food. Also add bananas to your diet. So there are a couple of ways to get your daily requirement.

And as for Vitamin D, dairy products are the very highest, and try to expose as much bare skin to as much sunlight as you can every day, at least 15 minutes if you can.
    Just an update: Had a healthy, late breakfast at 10am. All seems back to normal.

Regarding vitamin D.. I'm told that the sun doesn't provide vitamin D, it merely activates the vitamin already present in your system. I make it a point to "activate" each day. I go out into our courtyard, take off my shirt while I BBQ my lunch and soak in the rays, baby!

It's a gorgeous day here, by the way in the Seattle area. It didn't get below 70 last night and it's going to be 80 today. I shall look forward to taking off my shirt and teasing the ladies in my apartment complex
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (07-26-2022)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jakemax View Post
    Just pop open a back a bag of dicks. You know how.
    Actually, why don't you show us?

Again.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    White blood cell count normal? What about PSA?

Like most dudes my age, PSA is high, but it's being managed by meds and under the close eye of my urologist. I had a biopsy about a year ago. Negative. All good.. I just have a high PSA.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jakemax View Post
    Hey man, we got a whole slew of leftard cocksuckers over there. You should get you one of those ip blockers and come on down!
    You're gong to have to wait. Matt can't gargle spoo and type at the same time

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,625 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    It's only been less than 24 hours. Let's wait at least another day before hitting that panic button around my neck (remember, "help I've fallen and I can't get up?")
    My wife died of pancreatic cancer one of her symptoms was a complete loss of appetite. Often it is better to be proactive. Good luck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-27-2022)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    My wife died of pancreatic cancer one of her symptoms was a complete loss of appetite. Often it is better to be proactive. Good luck.
    My appetites' back. All is good with me. I've very sorry about your wife.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,625 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good to hear.
    Thanks married 54 years.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-26-2022)

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

3 energy drinks a day is a lot, especially all before 3 PM. That shit is not good for you. Perhaps try to cut back a little on that.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    3 energy drinks a day is a lot, especially all before 3 PM. That shit is not good for you. Perhaps try to cut back a little on that.
    You're about the 800th person to tell me this. I love the Monsters. That first sip in the morning makes me smile - so I'm going to keep drinking them unless they start to affect my health.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're about the 800th person to tell me this. I love the Monsters. That first sip in the morning makes me smile - so I'm going to keep drinking them unless they start to affect my health.
    A former boss worked with a guy who downed a lot of those, too. More than you do.

He had a stroke in his late 20s. Maybe unrelated, maybe not.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    A former boss worked with a guy who downed a lot of those, too. More than you do.

He had a stroke in his late 20s. Maybe unrelated, maybe not.
    You have to understand that different substances affect different people differently. I know people who can't smoke weed because it just makes them sick and paranoid. I know people who can't drink because when they start they can't stop. I know people who can't eat peanut butter.

Not everyone is the same and therefore not all people are affected by drinks like the delicious, sent from heaven, Monster Zeros

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Appetite is controlled by the pancreas. I highly recommend you see your doctor as that may be a sign something is wrong.
    Probably a tapeworm.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Has that ever happened to anyone? I got all "duded up" last night and headed out of my fav place for drinks and apps.. I got a few miles from my home and realized I'm not hungry. I have food and drinks at home I just came back and had a cocktail here.

Then I usually get hungry about 5am for breakfast - it's 730 and I'm still not.

I'm not sick, I feel fine.. have plenty of energy. If I'm not hungry by mid-afternoon I'll eat something, but I'm usually such a food hound.

I lost a bunch of weight recently, maybe it's my body telling me I'm starting to put some back on?
    If you didn't mean to lose weight, please see your physician.

I'm like that in the summer, esp. on hot days -- not much appetite. Maybe it's just that?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    If you didn't mean to lose weight, please see your physician.

I'm like that in the summer, esp. on hot days -- not much appetite. Maybe it's just that?
    Oh, I meant to. It took me almost 2 years but I lost almost 80 lbs and feel great. Thanks. My appetites back though,

By the way I went to that restaurant the other night. Some softball moms were yucking it up at the table next to me but when they left they left one of their to go boxes. Being the gentleman that I am I followed them out - they were all congregating at the exit saying their goodbyes to each other - I approached them and in my best, macho, baritone voice I asked, "Ladies is this something you intended to take with you?".

One of them smiled and said, "He he, yes that's mine thank you!" and took it.

My macho mission accomplished, my male musk purveyed - I headed back to my table - I was in their outdoor seating - when attempting to get back to my table I forgot there was only one entrance to the outdoor area - one opening bookended by two closed glass doors. Well it was dark and my eyesight isn't be best, so I walked, full speed right into one of the windowed doors. It made a horrible sound, like a sonic boom (I'm a fast walker). It was like one of those movie scenes where you hear the "tire screeching" sound effect - everything in the bar stopped and everyone looked to see which asshole walked into a door.

After that everyone came to my table, the bartender the manger, some of the customers all asking me "are you ok?".

I actually wasn't, but I was too embarrassed to say I "had an owie" after that "masterful move"! No way! The first part of my body that made contact with the window was my forehead and it's still bruised. I thought for a moment I dislocated my right shoulder but it's fine.

All in all.. just a normal night out for Lurch
    Last edited by LurchAddams; 07-31-2022 at 08:00 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-31-2022), Doc Dutch (07-31-2022), ThatOwlWoman (07-31-2022)

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,437 Times in 52,459 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just had one. BP normal, resting HR low 50's. All readings except potassium normal. So I eat a banana a day now.
    A loss of appetite is an indicator of another issue. It could be benign or not.

https://www.healthline.com/health/appetite-decreased
    A decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat. It may also be known as a poor appetite or loss of appetite. The medical term for this is anorexia.

A wide variety of conditions can cause your appetite to decrease. These range between mental and physical illnesses.

If you develop loss of appetite, you may also have related symptoms, such as weight loss or malnutrition. These can be serious if left untreated, so it’s important to find the reason behind your decreased appetite and treat it.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"