Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, saltydancin, serenity, Yakuda and ParachuteAdams

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Recession

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so your actual issue is you have no understanding of the differences between conservatism and liberalism. that makes some sense.
    LMAO!

Oh, I know the difference between the two, you're just getting upset because you have no "gotcha" that drags me down to your shitty level of uneducated and entitled incompetence and impotence.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so your actual issue is you have no understanding of the differences between conservatism and liberalism. that makes some sense.
    Hold on a second...I'm no liberal...I'm a Progressive. Liberals want to hug Nazis, I want to shoot them.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so your actual issue is you have no understanding of the differences between conservatism and liberalism.
    Coming from someone who has absolutely no political education to fall back on in a debate, this is quite the joke.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

its interesting that lefties are not crowing about the slightly slower inflation that Slow Joe had nothing to do with.

demand drop in oil helps hide increases in food and shelter.

the more trailing effects of raging inflation (8.5 is still raging) are starting to manifest themselves.

the question is, will any recovery happen for 2024 ? not looking encouraging.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Hold on a second...I'm no liberal...I'm a Progressive. Liberals want to hug Nazis, I want to shoot them.
    you are a nazi, that's what progressives are. same as liberals. stop your lying
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMAO!

Oh, I know the difference between the two, you're just getting upset because you have no "gotcha" that drags me down to your shitty level of uneducated and entitled incompetence and impotence.
    no, you don't. no, i'm not. i'm actually laughing at you.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Coming from someone who has absolutely no political education to fall back on in a debate, this is quite the joke.
    I've CONSISTENTLY shown myself more intelligent about anything you've ever brought to the board.

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    its interesting that lefties are not crowing about the slightly slower inflation that Slow Joe had nothing to do with.
    What? Why do you type like you've had a stroke?

9. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    demand drop in oil helps hide increases in food and shelter..
    This sounds like a wage issue, not an inflation issue.

If prices are rising 9%, but wages are only rising 5%, how come you're not getting angry with your boss who hasn't raised your wage in order to afford higher prices?

Why are you getting angry at Biden or Democrats when it's your boss who isn't giving you a raise?

Do you not think you're worth a raise? I mean, I have a very low opinion of you and your skills.

10. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you are a nazi, that's what progressives are. same as liberals. stop your lying
    LMAO! How could Progressives be Nazis when the entire point of Nazism is white supremacy?

11. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

no, you don't. no, i'm not. i'm actually laughing at you.
    Sure Jan.

12. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've CONSISTENTLY shown myself more intelligent about anything you've ever brought to the board.
    You may have proven that to yourself, but the bar there is so low it's resting on the floor.

13. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,814 Times in 27,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

"The US economy looks increasingly like it can avoid recession despite the Fed's rate hikes, Goldman Sachs says"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/markets...s-2022-9%3famp

14. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,420 Times in 8,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,734 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Recession may not come after all, economists say

-- Economic strength defies forecasts of downturn but risks remain, experts said --

As recession forecasts have grown dire in recent months, they've faced one complication: Strong economic data.

The U.S. showed robust job growth last month, defying expectations of a slowdown and keeping the unemployment rate at a near-historic low of 3.6%. Meanwhile, retail spending, a key indicator of economic health that reflects consumer appetite, rose 1% in June, outpacing gloomier predictions -- even if some of that increase can be attributed to rising prices due to inflation.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Business/...ry?id=86449369
    We are in uncharted territory, so it is hard to get an accurate risk... The best guess is a 50/50 chance of a recession, and if there is a recession it would probably be a minor recession.

The fact is there is a huge amount of unfilled jobs that need to be destroyed before unemployment could start to rise.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Cypress (09-09-2022)

16. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,814 Times in 27,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Stronger than expected momentum in the Biden economy just made Bank of America revise its recession forecast

It pushed back its “mild recession” forecast on Friday, noting economic data has been better than anticipated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune...n-economy/amp/