Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, saltydancin, serenity, Yakuda and ParachuteAdams

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I had the same thought. To each his own of course but I’ve seen people post economic news on here from rawstory and now Breibart. Not two sources I’d recommend for that info.
    Using those sources (rawstory, inforwars, altnet, townhall) explains why some of our posters hold the views they do. We now have a new conspiracy theory--Trump is being "framed" by the search of his home.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,408 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Bill Clinton: "A Recession Is Two Quarters Of Negative Growth"
    So what is the Conservative plan to fight the recession? Because the only plan the GOP has is Rick Scott's plan to end Medicare and Social Security, and it's unclear how ending those would end a recession and not prolong it.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cypress (08-09-2022)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Using those sources (rawstory, inforwars, altnet, townhall) explains why some of our posters hold the views they do. We now have a new conspiracy theory--Trump is being "framed" by the search of his home.
    After the execution of the search warrant, the target of the search warrant is given a list of everything taken from the residence...so if it's such a political hit job, why not just show the world what it is they took from you and how wrong it was that they did?

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Nope -->

There’s No US Recession Until an Obscure Panel of ‘Eggheads’ Says It Is So

-- In US, two negative GDP quarters isn’t an official recession --

While many countries define an economic downturn as two consecutive quarters of negative growth for gross domestic product, the US defers this assessment to elite academics at the National Bureau of Economic Research, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, whose leaders scoff at the two-quarter benchmark as simplistic and misleading.

Rather than two negative GDP readings, the NBER is looking for a substantial decline in activity over a sustained period of time. The committee sets dates of the peaks of economic activity and troughs based on six monthly data series, including nonfarm payrolls, personal consumption spending and industrial production.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-says-it-is-so
    The MAGA contingent has been yelling at me for the past 20 months that Joe Biden is right on the cusp of driving us into a deep recession, or even depression.

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So what is the Conservative plan to fight the recession? Because the only plan the GOP has is Rick Scott's plan to end Medicare and Social Security, and it's unclear how ending those would end a recession and not prolong it.
    The solution is simple, Go back and undo every single executive order signed by Brandon. You lefties can piss and moan all day but none of this occurred under Trump.
    When you state that you are basically going to put the majority entire country's energy system out of business, you have fucked up bigely.

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Exactly, which means Trump's tax cut caused a recession to happen before COVID since...

The U.S. Entered a Recession in February 2020
    August 8, 2020
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/08/b...sion-2020.html
    Well you know that is total bullshit. The idiots attempting to redefine and turn their continual fuckups into sugar is falling on deaf ears.

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I guess it's the chicken and egg thing; do they hold the views they do because of these sites or do they go to the sites because of the views they already hold?

One excuse you'll hear from those posting economic info from rawstory or Breibart is that they use/are quoting data from other sources. If that's the case then why not post that original data? These partisan sites may reference a poll or data from other sources but then give some false spin/narrative to it and misuse the data. Seen it too many times.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Note to all you alt-lefties attempting to redefine a recession. Go fuck yourself. The definition was set in place decades ago and all the twisting anf turning winn change none of it. Arguing further is senseless

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The solution is simple, Go back and undo every single executive order signed by Brandon. You lefties can piss and moan all day but none of this occurred under Trump.
    When you state that you are basically going to put the majority entire country's energy system out of business, you have fucked up bigely.
    None of what happened under Trump? We had a -3.4 decline in GDP growth in 2020, 13.3% unemployment rate, 20 million lost jobs.

And yes, Trump did not cause this--it would have happened under any president just like the current situation was not caused by Biden and would have also happened under Trump. U. S. oil production is growing and we are still a net exporter of petroleum products. None of those executive orders had any real effect on oil production.

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I guess it's the chicken and egg thing; do they hold the views they do because of these sites or do they go to the sites because of the views they already hold?
    They go there because of the views they already hold, but they get all their new information from those sources which leads to a continued build-up of biased information.

Some happen upon certain sources which then shape their views. I know one person who was apolitical and became religious and started listening to religions music on the radio. The religious station also has news programming. When they told me they were concerned that Obama was going to declare martial law and cancel the 2016 election I realized how the news source shaped their opinion. Since the news programming also had religious content it was more believable (trustworthy).

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Note to all you alt-lefties attempting to redefine a recession. Go fuck yourself. The definition was set in place decades ago and all the twisting anf turning winn change none of it. Arguing further is senseless
    Nope.

The authority for calling recessions in this country is the National Bureau of Economic Research, not you, not Bill Clinton, not Marjorie Taylor Green.

The NBER does not consider two consecutive declines in GDP be indicative of a recession. They actually consider that criteria to be simplistic and misleading.

Rather than two negative GDP readings, the NBER is looking for a substantial decline in activity over a sustained period of time. The committee sets dates of the peaks of economic activity and troughs based on six monthly data series, including nonfarm payrolls, personal consumption spending and industrial production.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...40#post5233940

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The solution is simple, Go back and undo every single executive order signed by Brandon.
    OK, but your shitty Trump policies, that Biden reversed, caused a recession to happen before COVID:

Recession officially started in February 2020, researchers say
    June 8, 2020
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...esearchers-say

And even before that, your policies plunged manufacturing into a recession:

U.S. manufacturing was in a mild recession during 2019, a sore spot for the economy
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-spot-economy/

And the major promise of your policy was that business investment would increase, when it actually declined:

A Decline in Capital Investment Reveals the False Promise of Trump’s Tax Bill
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...rumps-tax-bill

So it would seem reversing Trump's policies is just what the doctor would order, since Trump's policies caused a recession.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One excuse you'll hear from those posting economic info from rawstory or Breibart is that they use/are quoting data from other sources. If that's the case then why not post that original data? These partisan sites may reference a poll or data from other sources but then give some false spin/narrative to it and misuse the data. Seen it too many times.
    This recession shit is really a silly argument. Everyone with one living brain cell has watched their retirement account decline in actual value as well as purchasing power, literally, everything they purchase has risen 20% to 150% in the past few months, grocery stores have sections of empty shelves, baby formula is still difficult to find, we are starting to get increases in our phone bills to cover those illegals we now supply with free smartphones, crime is doubled in many democrat run cities, and the alt-leftie malcontents here cling to their inability to define what is a woman or cheer as Brandon raids the home of his likely opponent. ASs much as I disliked obama and even now Brandon, at no point would I ever endorse such an action.
    Hopefully, all this will start to reverse itself after the midterms when the republicans can start defunding programs like the ATF and FBI

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You lefties can piss and moan all day but none of this occurred under Trump.
    Wait - so Trump wasn't President in February 2020, when the economy entered into a recession?

So who was President then?

What energy system? We don't own any of the oil or energy extracted or delivered in this country, multinational corporations do.

Not one drop, not one cent.

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OK, but your shitty Trump policies, that Biden reversed, caused a recession to happen before COVID:

Recession officially started in February 2020, researchers say
    June 8, 2020
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...esearchers-say

And even before that, your policies plunged manufacturing into a recession:

U.S. manufacturing was in a mild recession during 2019, a sore spot for the economy
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-spot-economy/

And the major promise of your policy was that business investment would increase, when it actually declined:

A Decline in Capital Investment Reveals the False Promise of Trump’s Tax Bill
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...rumps-tax-bill

So it would seem reversing Trump's policies is just what the doctor would order, since Trump's policies caused a recession.
    Arguing with an idiot is not really rewarding so I will let you go back to your parents basement.