1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,818 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Christian Mistranslations of Hebrew Texts

Romans 11:26-27
    What Paul is doing is trying to establish that that the Messiah will somehow take away our sins, the major tenet of Christianity.

A closer look at the actual verse in Isaiah reveals quite a different picture:

“A Redeemer will come to Zion and to those who turn from transgression in Jacob, declares the Lord.”

Isaiah 59:20
    The Messiah’s role in Judaism has never been understood to take away our sins. We are taught, just the opposite, when we put aside our sins then the Messiah will come! It is significant that many Christian translations of Isaiah have this translated correctly, while Paul in Romans insists on advancing his agenda.

We can have seen ample selections to demonstrate this pattern of distortion associated with the writers of Christian Scriptures. For that reason alone, it is imperative we express to our charges the importance of learning Tanach in its original language and context.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Cypress (07-15-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    What Paul is doing is trying to establish that that the Messiah will somehow take away our sins, the major tenet of Christianity.

“A Redeemer will come to Zion and to those who turn from transgression in Jacob, declares the Lord.”

The Messiah’s role in Judaism has never been understood to take away our sins. We are taught, just the opposite, when we put aside our sins then the Messiah will come! It is significant that many Christian translations of Isaiah have this translated correctly, while Paul in Romans insists on advancing his agenda.

We can have seen ample selections to demonstrate this pattern of distortion associated with the writers of Christian Scriptures. For that reason alone, it is imperative we express to our charges the importance of learning Tanach in its original language and context.
    Sorry, all religion is dumb. Using one myth to criticize another myth is a loser's game.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Christians and their history of deliberate mistranslation

What is also not surprising mistranslation is used not only to malign another faith, but to also perpetuate falsehoods, as they have done with Jewish scriptures. That is right. There are many instances of Christian mistranslation of Jewish scriptures, in order to create a 2000 year old lie. The small number of Jews left in the world gets in the way of their convenient narrative, but that has not stopped them from perpetuating the lie.

What is also not surprising mistranslation is used not only to malign another faith, but to also perpetuate falsehoods, as they have done with Jewish scriptures. That is right. There are many instances of Christian mistranslation of Jewish scriptures, in order to create a 2000 year old lie. The small number of Jews left in the world gets in the way of their convenient narrative, but that has not stopped them from perpetuating the lie.

Here it is in Hebrew script:

לָ֠כֵן יִתֵּ֨ן אֲדֹנָ֥י ה֛וּא לָכֶ֖ם אֹ֑ות הִנֵּ֣ה הָעַלְמָ֗ה הָרָה֙ וְיֹלֶ֣דֶת בֵּ֔ן וְקָרָ֥את שְׁמֹ֖ו עִמָּ֥נוּ אֵֽל׃ (must be read from right to left).

The word in question is “almah”, which means young woman. This is what the NIV bible translation refers to in that particular footnote. A young woman does not necessarily mean a virgin. The correct Hebrew word for virgin is actually “bethulah”.

Christian mythology holds that we are all born with the “original sin” when Adam and Eve ate the apple from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. So therefore the so-called messiah must be sinless in order to “save” humanity from gods punishment of eternal torture for this “original sin”. And that is why early Christians kept the mistranslation in place, even when Hebrew scholars tried to correct them.

https://missionkaali.org/christians-...istranslation/
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Christian Proof-Texting

Misquoting Texts – What does Tanach really say?

The claim of Paul and the New Testament authors is that Jesus fulfilled many prophecies connected to the Hebrew Scriptures (so-called Old Testament) and a true believer will easily be able to see them. The gospel according to Matthew, in particular, attempts to cross-reference the miraculous birth, deeds, and proclamations attributed to Jesus with relevant passages found in Tanach. What are the differences in Christianity vs Judaism?

Closer scrutiny, however, reveals a great conspiracy and tampering of the evidence. Not one verse from Tanach proves the messiahship of Jesus. On the contrary, our Jewish sages, for two millennia have had ample time to analyze and decipher all 22,000+ verses in Tanach, and have concluded that Jesus did not fulfill any of its prophecies, nor are there any passages that unambiguously allude to his life or ministry. On the contrary, we will discover how the New Testament distorts and contorts Tanach to make it “bend” to their a priori agenda to “prove” their beliefs about Jesus. Let’s see!

In a certain way, Fundamentalist missionaries shoot the arrow in the target and then draw the bull’s eye around the arrow. In this fashion, they claim to always be correct, making the evidence conform to their foregone conclusions.

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge...proof-texting/

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,045 Times in 7,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,047 Posts

I read Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer novels instead of the scriptures when I was a young kid.

They were totally useless as literature, true enough, but at least I didn't embrace any weird fucking ideas for having read the shit.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Sorry, all religion is dumb. Using one myth to criticize another myth is a loser's game.
    Hahaha, good one. I agree.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Jesus was the Passover Lamb!
    So the Angel of Death will Passover you at the judgement
    What day is Michaelmas on?
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Hahaha, good one. I agree.
    But Trump is your Messiah!
    What day is Michaelmas on?
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Messiah’s role in Judaism has never been understood to take away our sins. We are taught, just the opposite, when we put aside our sins then the Messiah will come!
    and we are taught that Jesus' ministry was directly intended to correct that error........consider this....examining human nature over the last 5000 years, do you seriously think God expects humans to put aside sin?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Christian Proof-Texting

Misquoting Texts – What does Tanach really say?

The claim of Paul and the New Testament authors is that Jesus fulfilled many prophecies connected to the Hebrew Scriptures (so-called Old Testament) and a true believer will easily be able to see them. The gospel according to Matthew, in particular, attempts to cross-reference the miraculous birth, deeds, and proclamations attributed to Jesus with relevant passages found in Tanach. What are the differences in Christianity vs Judaism?

Closer scrutiny, however, reveals a great conspiracy and tampering of the evidence. Not one verse from Tanach proves the messiahship of Jesus. On the contrary, our Jewish sages, for two millennia have had ample time to analyze and decipher all 22,000+ verses in Tanach, and have concluded that Jesus did not fulfill any of its prophecies, nor are there any passages that unambiguously allude to his life or ministry. On the contrary, we will discover how the New Testament distorts and contorts Tanach to make it “bend” to their a priori agenda to “prove” their beliefs about Jesus. Let’s see!

In a certain way, Fundamentalist missionaries shoot the arrow in the target and then draw the bull’s eye around the arrow. In this fashion, they claim to always be correct, making the evidence conform to their foregone conclusions.

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge...proof-texting/
    nobody cares what you think of christianity.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    and we are taught that Jesus' ministry was directly intended to correct that error........consider this....examining human nature over the last 5000 years, do you seriously think God expects humans to put aside sin?......
    the fake spiritual people like guno, use religion as a totalitarian cudgel.

guno claims to be perfect.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Theywillneverlearn! (07-19-2022)

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    the fake spiritual people like guno, use religion as a totalitarian cudgel.

guno claims to be perfect.
    I believe that the OT is specifically intended to show us that human's could never overcome sin.....whether people who physically walked and talked to God, people led by the patriarchs, led by judges, led by kings, led by prophets or led by the High Priests of Judaism, humans continued in the same sins over and over......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I believe that the OT is specifically intended to show us that human's could never overcome sin.....whether people who physically walked and talked to God, people led by the patriarchs, led by judges, led by kings, led by prophets or led by the High Priests of Judaism, humans continued in the same sins over and over......
    slight overall improvement is the best we can hope for.

no one "religion" has the answer.

though all have fragments.

the devil is in the details.

"the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either—but right through every human heart—and through all human hearts." --Solzhenitsyn.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think it's important that we can recognize the evil in ourselves. that almost is enough to stop cataclysm.

"is it reasonable to kill someone who looked at my girl? or is that my lower nature bubbling up?"

these are important distinctions to understand so as not to exalt the wrong side of ourselves..

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

An old grandfather was teaching his grandson about life:

“A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil–he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you–and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf will win?”

The grandfather simply replied, “The one you feed.”

But if you feed them right, they both win and so do you.

You see both have good qualities. The black wolf has many qualities that we need, tenacity, courage, strong willed, and great strategic thinking. These are things the white wolf lacks.

Now is a good time to reflect on how we can maintain the balance between the light wolf and the dark wolf so that both wolves will serve us.