Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: There is no tape of the senate approving 2020 election. why not?

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    so what's going on with sanctuary cities?
    AssHatZombie, is it your intention to change the topic? Just direct me to the thread of the topic that's of interest to you. If our interests are similarly engaged, I'll respond to your post within the thread you wished to direct me to. Respectfully, Supposn

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
    AssHatZombie, is it your intention to change the topic? Just direct me to the thread of the topic that's of interest to you. If our interests are similarly engaged, I'll respond to your post within the thread you wished to direct me to. Respectfully, Supposn
    I question the truth of your claims.

As evidence I offer the proliferation of sanctuary cities operating consequence free.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,099 Times in 11,672 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Into the Night, refer to the 2nd clause of the U.S. Constitution's article 6: “This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding”.
    Read that again. REAL SLOW. Did you miss the part about the Authority of the United States? Where does the United States get it's authority from?
    In accordance to the United States Constitution, if federal courts determine a federal law or regulation is unconstitutional, that law or regulation is then no longer in effect. Otherwise in all other cases, federal law is the law that's applied if state's laws are contrary to the federal law.
    WRONG. I've already told you why. You are just chanting.
    United States laws and regulation are by definition “authorized”.
    NO THEY ARE NOT! The Constitution of the United States, and ONLY the Constitution of the United States determines what is authorized. Other than where the Constitution of the United States specifically authorizes power and authority in a certain area, the United States government has NO AUTHORITY.
    Enacting federal laws and regulation does not require any state's “permission”.
    Never said it did. However, ALL federal laws and regulations MUST conform to the Constitution of the United States.
    Please quote those precise words of the constitution and explain why you contend those specific words take precedent over the the 2nd clause of the U.S. Constitution's article 6 .
    They don't. However, fixating on Article VI is ignoring Articles I, II, II, IV, and V and all the amendments of the Constitution. You can't just pick out one piece and discard the rest, dude. Go read them. I will not quote the entire Constitution here. Pay particular attention to Articles I and III, $8 and $9, the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, and 14th amendments.
    No ones' contended our Supreme court has "authority over the Constitution", but it is as you posted, the absolutely final interpreter of the constitution. Respectfully, Supposn
    YOU did. YOU did it again! NO court has authority OVER the Constitution. NO court has authority to interpret the Constitution. No court has authority to change the Constitution. See Article III to see what authority courts DO have.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

facts and reality exist outside a judge's or court's determination.
    That it does!
    then there's also this.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    A good starting point, but he really needs to pay attention to several areas of the Constitution that he is ignoring in his fixation about Article VI. He is trying to use Article VI to justify an oligarchy and to discard the federation.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

AssHatZombie. yes that's true and as you quted my post, "In accordance to the United States Constitution, if federal courts determine a federal law or regulation is unconstitutional, that law or regulation is then no longer in effect.

OTHERWISE IN ALL OTHER CASES, federal law is the law that's applied if state's laws are contrary to the federal law. United States laws and regulation are by definition “authorized”. Enacting federal laws and regulation does not require any state's “permission”.
    Respectfully, Supposn
    WRONG. I have already shown you why. You CANNOT USE ARTICLE VI TO JUSTIFY AN OLIGARCHY or to DISCARD THE FEDERATION.

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Evasion. No. It's on topic. Answer the question put to you. Don't evade.

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I question the truth of your claims.
    As evidence I offer the proliferation of sanctuary cities operating consequence free.
    AssHatZombie you offer a statement of your opinion rather than evidence. Please logically explain and provide credible links or facts to support your contentions. Respectfully, Supposn

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

AssHatZombie you offer a statement of your opinion rather than evidence. Please logically explain and provide credible links or facts to support your contentions. Respectfully, Supposn
    RQAA. I have already answered this question. Stop mindlessly asking it.

9. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you say federal laws always prevail.

they obviously don't.

exhibit a: sanctuary cities operating in flagrant illegality with no consequences.

10. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

you say federal laws always prevail.

they obviously don't.

exhibit a: sanctuary cities operating in flagrant illegality with no consequences.
    State and local governments have no obligation to enforce federal laws.

11. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    State and local governments have no obligation to enforce federal laws.
    so you vehemently disagree with supposn?

12. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

No. Federal law is supreme over state law (where the federal government has authority). But it has agencies responsible for enforcing those laws. State and local government have no obligation to enforce those laws. Local police have no responsibility to check for immigration violations although most cities agree to hold violators for the feds if they have a warrant.

13. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

AssHatZombie, Flash didn't particularly agree or disagree with my posts, He posted a fact, enforcing federal law is not the states, but rather the federal government's responsibility.

What cities and what laws are you referring to? Was what you're complaining of occurring during only Democratic or only Republican administrations, or were they all not enforcing federal law?

I've been concerned because its taken the U.S. Department of Justice a year and a half to charge anyone for their involvement with the seditious besieging of those in the capitol building. The department of justice wasn't diligently enforcing federal law, I understand that it takes longer to make a conspiracy case, but IMO, suspected rioters being federally indicted for lesser crimes related to the Capitol Building riot, should also have been charged with sedition.

Note that I never posted the word prevails, I posted that federal law takes legal precedent over state laws. Respectfully, Supposn
    Last edited by Supposn; 08-05-2022 at 03:34 PM.

14. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    RQAA. I have already answered this question. Stop mindlessly asking it.
    Into the Night, I don't believe you've answered my question. You posted a logical explanation and provide credible links or facts to support AssHatZombie's contentions? If you did so, you should be able to find and quote your own post. Respectfully, Supposn

15. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    WRONG. I have already shown you why. You CANNOT USE ARTICLE VI TO JUSTIFY AN OLIGARCHY or to DISCARD THE FEDERATION.
    Into the Night, refer to the 2nd clause of the U.S. Constitution's article 6: “This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;
    and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding”.
    /////////////////

Into the Night, you haven't found and posted a quote of anything from the constitution which in any manner modifies or has precedent over the 2nd clause of article 6. Respectfully, Supposn