Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: BoJo resigns!

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    43,107
    Thanks
    12,436
    Thanked 23,592 Times in 16,445 Posts
    Groans
    248
    Groaned 1,617 Times in 1,527 Posts

    Default BoJo resigns!

    Boris Johnson announced plans to resign as prime minister of the United Kingdom on Thursday in a tumultuous end for a government that once enjoyed a strong democratic mandate.

    Johnson’s roughly three-year tenure ended in disarray after he threatened a standoff with his party and a possible general election following the resignation of 42 ministers who deemed his position "untenable." He says new leadership is "clearly now the will" of Parliament.

    Johnson hopes to remain in a caretaker position as his Conservative Party elects a new prime minister, a process that may take roughly two months.

    Conservative ministers declared that they had lost confidence in the prime minister after news emerged he had elevated Chris Pincher to the powerful role of deputy chief whip despite allegations of sexual misconduct.

    But it was not the only scandal that Johnson’s government had to wrangle with. It was merely the final one that ministers could tolerate, bringing an end to his sole ambition and goal in politics.

    "Boris Johnson’s place in history is assured given his stewardship of Brexit, vaccine rollout during the COVID-19 crisis and staunch defense of the free world in Ukraine," Alan Mendoza, co-founder and executive director of the Henry Jackson Society, told Fox News Digital.

    "His personal foibles were known to all before he came to office and have always been part and parcel of his offering. They will not affect the reality that he has got the big calls right and has always confounded his critics in doing so."

    The prime minister also had displayed Churchillian support for Ukraine during the Russian invasion, earning him plaudits at a time when he otherwise struggled for positive press. The highs and lows of his run to the leadership — and his eventual fall — will ensure he remains a figure of enduring fascination and interest in both British and global politics.
    ohnson achieved his most high-profile platform to date as a leading figure in the pro-Brexit movement, pushing for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union. He favored a "no-deal" exit from the union, which many criticized as laying the groundwork for chaos, but he stayed his course and refused to compromise.

    But the good feelings did not last as Johnson’s government almost immediately faced the challenge of managing the COVID-19 pandemic. Johnson pursued strict lockdown measures but faced a constant back and forth over his support for such policies as time went on. He initially claimed that the virus would disappear after 12 weeks and reintroduced measures after initially removing them too quickly.

    Revelations of wild parties in government offices during the strictest lockdown measures drew strong anger from the public. The "Partygate" fiasco revealed a culture of partying and rule breaking throughout the pandemic, with senior civil servant Sue Gray calling the gatherings "a serious failure" to observe the standards expected of those working in government.

    Johnson’s ability to deflect the most serious scandals — which some compared to political Teflon — started to fail him as he could not dismiss or duck the outcry over the parties.

    EUROPEAN SUPPORT FOR UKRAINIAN RECOVERY MAY RELY ON COUNTRY REFORMING ‘SOCIAL POLICIES’

    The scandal resulted in the worst polling figures in years for the Conservative Party, showing in May that if a general election occurred, the party would lose control of the government. The scandals and new data prompted a "no confidence" vote, but Johnson survived one last time.

    He immediately faced two fresh controversies that appeared to completely destroy any remaining faith and support he had. A report by Private Eye alleged that aides walked in on Johnson receiving oral sex from then-aide and future wife Carrie Symonds in 2018 while he served as foreign secretary. There was also the sex scandal involving Pinter.
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/boris-...ultuous-tenure

    Johnson had the chance to take full control of those negotiations after leading a vote to oust then-Prime Minister Theresa May and winning control of both the party and the country in 2019. His government got off to a strong start as negotiators secured a post-Brexit free trade deal with the EU shortly before the Jan. 1 2021 deadline, which Johnson claimed had given the U.K. control over its future.
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

    Bigdog (07-07-2022)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    43,107
    Thanks
    12,436
    Thanked 23,592 Times in 16,445 Posts
    Groans
    248
    Groaned 1,617 Times in 1,527 Posts

    Default

    good on Brexit.. other then that Im not a fan

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    7,254
    Thanks
    1,322
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 1,144 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 78 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    good on Brexit.. other then that Im not a fan
    No BoJo, no Brexit.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to goat For This Post:

    Bigdog (07-07-2022)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    39,409
    Thanks
    8,877
    Thanked 6,827 Times in 5,372 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,890 Times in 5,650 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    He was forced out . ' Resignation ' is a polite term for him being booted and pissed upon.

    He hasn't gone entirely though. His stench will pervade until the assholes that empowered him have selected another Tory parasite.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

    Maria Ressa.

  7. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (07-08-2022)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    23,706
    Thanks
    20,843
    Thanked 12,083 Times in 8,302 Posts
    Groans
    541
    Groaned 488 Times in 463 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    He was forced out . ' Resignation ' is a polite term for him being booted and pissed upon.

    He hasn't gone entirely though. His stench will pervade until the assholes that empowered him have selected another Tory parasite.

    We got Dems that have done far worse, and are still in office.
    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

    — Joe Biden on Obama.

    “Unidentified stormtroopers. ”

    — Nancy Pelosi on U.S. Federal Law Enforcement men and women.

    “Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,”

    - Sen. Schumer, describing his fear of the IC

    Socialism is just the modern word for monarchy.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigdog For This Post:

    Earl (07-07-2022), PostmodernProphet (07-08-2022)

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    39,409
    Thanks
    8,877
    Thanked 6,827 Times in 5,372 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,890 Times in 5,650 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    We got Dems that have done far worse, and are still in office.
    Of course. Democracy is pretty much fucked, worldwide.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

    Maria Ressa.

  11. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (07-08-2022)

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    23,706
    Thanks
    20,843
    Thanked 12,083 Times in 8,302 Posts
    Groans
    541
    Groaned 488 Times in 463 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Of course. Democracy is pretty much fucked, worldwide.
    It worked in 2016 in the U.S..

    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

    — Joe Biden on Obama.

    “Unidentified stormtroopers. ”

    — Nancy Pelosi on U.S. Federal Law Enforcement men and women.

    “Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,”

    - Sen. Schumer, describing his fear of the IC

    Socialism is just the modern word for monarchy.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigdog For This Post:

    Earl (07-07-2022)

  14. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    12,960
    Thanks
    2,156
    Thanked 6,022 Times in 4,166 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Boris Johnson announced plans to resign as prime minister of the United Kingdom on Thursday in a tumultuous end for a government that once enjoyed a strong democratic mandate.

    Johnson’s roughly three-year tenure ended in disarray after he threatened a standoff with his party and a possible general election following the resignation of 42 ministers who deemed his position "untenable." He says new leadership is "clearly now the will" of Parliament.

    Johnson hopes to remain in a caretaker position as his Conservative Party elects a new prime minister, a process that may take roughly two months.

    Conservative ministers declared that they had lost confidence in the prime minister after news emerged he had elevated Chris Pincher to the powerful role of deputy chief whip despite allegations of sexual misconduct.

    But it was not the only scandal that Johnson’s government had to wrangle with. It was merely the final one that ministers could tolerate, bringing an end to his sole ambition and goal in politics.

    "Boris Johnson’s place in history is assured given his stewardship of Brexit, vaccine rollout during the COVID-19 crisis and staunch defense of the free world in Ukraine," Alan Mendoza, co-founder and executive director of the Henry Jackson Society, told Fox News Digital.

    "His personal foibles were known to all before he came to office and have always been part and parcel of his offering. They will not affect the reality that he has got the big calls right and has always confounded his critics in doing so."

    The prime minister also had displayed Churchillian support for Ukraine during the Russian invasion, earning him plaudits at a time when he otherwise struggled for positive press. The highs and lows of his run to the leadership — and his eventual fall — will ensure he remains a figure of enduring fascination and interest in both British and global politics.
    ohnson achieved his most high-profile platform to date as a leading figure in the pro-Brexit movement, pushing for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union. He favored a "no-deal" exit from the union, which many criticized as laying the groundwork for chaos, but he stayed his course and refused to compromise.

    But the good feelings did not last as Johnson’s government almost immediately faced the challenge of managing the COVID-19 pandemic. Johnson pursued strict lockdown measures but faced a constant back and forth over his support for such policies as time went on. He initially claimed that the virus would disappear after 12 weeks and reintroduced measures after initially removing them too quickly.

    Revelations of wild parties in government offices during the strictest lockdown measures drew strong anger from the public. The "Partygate" fiasco revealed a culture of partying and rule breaking throughout the pandemic, with senior civil servant Sue Gray calling the gatherings "a serious failure" to observe the standards expected of those working in government.

    Johnson’s ability to deflect the most serious scandals — which some compared to political Teflon — started to fail him as he could not dismiss or duck the outcry over the parties.

    EUROPEAN SUPPORT FOR UKRAINIAN RECOVERY MAY RELY ON COUNTRY REFORMING ‘SOCIAL POLICIES’

    The scandal resulted in the worst polling figures in years for the Conservative Party, showing in May that if a general election occurred, the party would lose control of the government. The scandals and new data prompted a "no confidence" vote, but Johnson survived one last time.

    He immediately faced two fresh controversies that appeared to completely destroy any remaining faith and support he had. A report by Private Eye alleged that aides walked in on Johnson receiving oral sex from then-aide and future wife Carrie Symonds in 2018 while he served as foreign secretary. There was also the sex scandal involving Pinter.
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/boris-...ultuous-tenure

    Johnson had the chance to take full control of those negotiations after leading a vote to oust then-Prime Minister Theresa May and winning control of both the party and the country in 2019. His government got off to a strong start as negotiators secured a post-Brexit free trade deal with the EU shortly before the Jan. 1 2021 deadline, which Johnson claimed had given the U.K. control over its future.
    Mass immigration has destroyed the UK. London has fallen.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

    Bigdog (07-07-2022), Earl (07-07-2022)

  16. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    39,409
    Thanks
    8,877
    Thanked 6,827 Times in 5,372 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,890 Times in 5,650 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LyingFishy View Post
    Mass immigration has destroyed the UK. London has fallen.
    Where are your numbers, Meme Moron ?
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

    Maria Ressa.

  17. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (07-08-2022)

  18. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    105,288
    Thanks
    57,758
    Thanked 33,756 Times in 25,584 Posts
    Groans
    45,915
    Groaned 4,532 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    No BoJo, no Brexit.
    Not in the least bit true, several candidates not least Liz Truss, Ben Wallace have vowed to defend Brexit. Tories have been speculating that whoever eventually come out on top would have to cope with Johnson causing trouble for them.

    One said: 'He is a hugely charismatic person. He is a rock star and a big figure on the world stage. He is not going to fade away in the background.'

    He's not going immediately anyway and is likely to be caretaker PM till September

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-contest.html
    As Gustave Le Bo lamented: “The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduces them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.”

  19. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    22,590
    Thanks
    23,294
    Thanked 8,733 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Groans
    14
    Groaned 2,148 Times in 2,033 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    BoJo= the Uk's Donald Trump.
    The Big Steal = The Big Lie.

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    39,409
    Thanks
    8,877
    Thanked 6,827 Times in 5,372 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,890 Times in 5,650 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Your Brexit scum will shortly be washed down the plug-hole, maggot.

    Six charts that show how the UK economy is in crisis

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...y-is-in-crisis
    UK’s ‘unsustainable’ debt could reach 320% of GDP in 50 years, OBR warns
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...ears-obr-warns
    Collapsing public support suggests Brexit is anything but done

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...thing-but-done

    You were utterly confused over Bozo and your ' prophesies ' are a forum joke. Time for you to fuck off with him, old bean.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

    Maria Ressa.

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    118,635
    Thanks
    10,484
    Thanked 35,060 Times in 27,676 Posts
    Groans
    3,226
    Groaned 2,535 Times in 2,424 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    It worked in 2016 in the U.S..

    to be fair, the part where the demmycrats picked their candidate didn't work so well in either 2016 or 2020.....that resembled an oligarchy more than a democracy......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Bigdog (07-08-2022)

  23. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    39,409
    Thanks
    8,877
    Thanked 6,827 Times in 5,372 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 5,890 Times in 5,650 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Fact-checking three years of Boris Johnson's claims

    'Put £500 into the pockets of everybody'

    A lie

    'There will be no checks on goods going from GB to NI, or NI to GB'

    A lie

    'There are hundreds of thousands - I think 400,000 - fewer families living in poverty now than there were in 2010'

    A lie

    'I wear a mask wherever the rules say that I should'

    A lie

    'The guidance was followed and the rules were followed at all times'

    A lie

    'Proudly restoring the crown stamp on to the side of pint glasses'

    A lie

    Warm homes discount 'worth £140 per week'

    A lie

    'More people in work now than before the pandemic began'

    A lie

    'We have been cutting crime by 14%'

    A lie

    Sanctioned 'a further 100 last week'

    A lie

    'We've done more to resettle vulnerable people than any other European country since 2015'


    A lie

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/62071182
    And that is how the stumblebum degenerate achieved the position of prime minister of England.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

    Maria Ressa.

  24. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    7,254
    Thanks
    1,322
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 1,144 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 78 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Not in the least bit true, several candidates not least Liz Truss, Ben Wallace have vowed to defend Brexit. Tories have been speculating that whoever eventually come out on top would have to cope with Johnson causing trouble for them.

    One said: 'He is a hugely charismatic person. He is a rock star and a big figure on the world stage. He is not going to fade away in the background.'

    He's not going immediately anyway and is likely to be caretaker PM till September

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-contest.html
    By Peter Thal Larsen

    As a political idea, however, Brexit is now depleted. Johnson’s intervention in the referendum was crucial in swinging public support behind leaving the EU. His chaotic tenure as prime minister discredited that movement as a coherent force for changing Britain. For Brexit, the prime minister’s departure from office is the beginning of the end.

    https://www.reuters.com/breakingview...it-2022-07-07/

Similar Threads

  1. BoJo demands Starmer take action over Russia remarks
    By Primavera in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2022, 12:54 AM
  2. BoJo tackles voter fraud.
    By Tranquillus in Exile in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 07:32 PM
  3. BoJo did it: Exit polls predict huge 86 seat majority
    By Primavera in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-16-2019, 12:49 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2019, 06:41 PM
  5. BoJo elected PM
    By Primavera in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-23-2019, 01:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •