Thread: Mark Meadows History Of Abuse Of Power

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Mark Meadows History Of Abuse Of Power

This has to do with a scandal relating to Mark Meadows' Chief of Staff while Meadows was in Congress:

"Chief of staff behavior

A group of employees reported to Meadows's deputy chief of staff in October 2014 that they were uncomfortable with Meadows's then chief of staff, Kenny West, calling his behavior "inappropriate towards them". Meadows asked Representative Trey Gowdy's chief of staff to interview the employees, and Meadows eventually limited or prohibited West's presence in Meadows's offices.[47]

Although West resigned after the employees accused him of inappropriate behavior, he remained on the House payroll in violation of House rules, according to an independent House Ethics Committee investigation. Meadows paid West $58,125 from April 2015 to August 2015 even though he was no longer working in Meadows's office. There is "substantial reason to believe that Representative Meadows retained an employee who did not perform duties commensurate with the compensation the employee received and certified that the compensation met applicable House standards, in violation of House rules and standards of conduct," the Office of Congressional Ethics report said.

In November 2018, the House Ethics Committee fined Meadows over $40,000 after concluding he "did not do enough to address" sexual harassment allegations against West. The committee concluded Meadows took "immediate and appropriate steps" by separating West from female staffers and requesting an investigation, but noted that West retained his title and "apparent authority over staff" during this period. "Representative Meadows could have and should have done more to ensure that his congressional office was free from discrimination or the perception of discrimination," the committee wrote. The committee fined Meadows $40,625 "for Mr. West's salary that was not commensurate with his work." The Daily Beast previously reported that a former aide told the committee Meadows and other top staff members in his office were aware of West's behavior before it was publicly reported.[48] "

This is the guy Trump decided would make a good White House Chief of Staff. Meadows lasted less than one year in the position. Lying about lacking credentials included:

"In December 2018, Meadows was vocal about his desire to work in the White House as Chief of Staff upon the January 2019 departure of John F. Kelly.[63] Until December 2018, Meadows claimed to have received a Bachelor of Arts degree.[13] When questions about his credentials arose during media speculation that he was under consideration to serve as White House chief of staff, Meadows amended his official House biography and other sources to indicate that his degree was an associate, not a bachelor's.[13]

On March 6, 2020, Trump named Meadows the next White House chief of staff,[64] succeeding Acting Chief Mick Mulvaney.[65][66] Meadows resigned from the House on March 30, 2020,[67] and began his new role the next day.[68]

Meadows and his wife allegedly committed voter fraud in 2020 when they registered to vote at a mobile home in North Carolina where they did not live. They voted by absentee ballot from that address.[69][70][71][72] Two years later, North Carolina removed Meadows from the voter rolls while it investigated.[73] "

White House chief of staff
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 07-06-2022 at 09:13 AM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-06-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Another faux Christian...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How many Chiefs of Staff did Trump have?

I keep forgetting.

I know it's a big number.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Meadows claimed he had a Bachelor's Degree when he entered Congress - and got away with it.

Then, when he was being considered for Trump's Chief of Staff, suddenly he fessed up that he only had an AA.

Demonstrating a willingness to lie publicly may have been an asset in getting the Trump WH job.

Or is it that less education is preferred when working for Trump?

And claiming to have a credential you don't have - it's an insult to everyone who does have that credential and worked for it.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Meadows claimed he had a Bachelor's Degree when he entered Congress - and got away with it.

Then, when he was being considered for Trump's Chief of Staff, suddenly he fessed up that he only had an AA.

Demonstrating a willingness to lie publicly may have been an asset in getting the Trump WH job.

Or is it that less education is preferred when working for Trump?

And claiming to have a credential you don't have - it's an insult to everyone who does have that credential and worked for it.
    you voted for Biden even though he lied about his academic record - and insisted his lies were true until he could no longer maintain the lie

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is not justified to claim without evidence that an election was 'stolen,' and then use that false claim as justification to evade legal subpoena to come and tell your side of the story before the official government inquiry into a violent coup attempt.

Such actions are lower than rock slime, more despicable than fibbing young boy, caught in the act of stealing.