Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you donated to Trump's Election Defense Fund, you got scammed. BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default If you donated to Trump's Election Defense Fund, you got scammed. BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!

The ‘Election Defense Fund’ didn’t exist
    The second hearing focused on the Trump campaign’s fundraising efforts in the immediate aftermath of the election.
    “The ‘Big Lie’ was also a big rip-off,” Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) contended.
    Lofgren cited the barrage of fundraising emails Team Trump sent to supporters between Election Day and Jan. 6. On some days, more than 20 such emails were blasted out.
    Many encouraged the recipients to contribute to an “Election Defense Fund,” the suggestion being that the money would be used to push Trump’s claims of fraud in court.
    One problem: the Election Defense Fund didn’t exist.
    “I don’t believe there is actually a fund called the ‘Election Defense Fund,’ ” the former digital director for the Trump campaign, Gary Coby, acknowledged.
    The nonexistent fund was, at best, a marketing ruse.
    It was also an effective one. Between the election and early December 2020, the joint fundraising efforts of Trump and the Republican National Committee raised about $207 million.

Much of the money seemed to go to Trump’s main post-election political action committee, Save America PAC.
    According to the panel, this PAC in turn “made millions of dollars of contributions to pro-Trump organizations.”
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-04-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wonder, did anyone on this site donate to the Trump Defense Fund? I never gave Trump a single penny, he said, "Don't donate money, I don't need money" when he first started running, I took him at his word.... (well, I wouldn't have donated anyway, tbh, but I think anyone who did after he said that was crazy).
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I wonder, did anyone on this site donate to the Trump Defense Fund? I never gave Trump a single penny, he said, "Don't donate money, I don't need money" when he first started running, I took him at his word.... (well, I wouldn't have donated anyway, tbh, but I think anyone who did after he said that was crazy).
    That's smart actually. That way he gets a way out legally.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

If you donated to ANY politician...you are a fool.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    I agree partially. One way America is great is we can actually change things. Sometimes this means supporting folks that will actually represent your goals.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poll:71% do not want Biden to run for a second term.

Do not contribute to his campaign.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

I agree partially. One way America is great is we can actually change things. Sometimes this means supporting folks that will actually represent your goals.
    No offense, but anyone who believes that 99.9% of politicians give a crap about anything (including the country) but themselves are also fools.

Besides, this isn't the 1980's.
    Campaign funds mean nothing.

Only old farts or idiots pay attention to campaign ads.
    The former will be gone soon.
    The latter (people with IQ's under 70-80) should not even be legally allowed to vote.

Most people today make up their minds through debates and interviews.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No offense, but anyone who believes that 99.9% of politicians give a crap about anything (including the country) but themselves are also fools.

Besides, this isn't the 1980's.
    Campaign funds mean nothing.

Only old farts or idiots pay attention to campaign ads.
    The former will be gone soon.
    The latter (people with IQ's under 70-80) should not even be legally allowed to vote.

Most people today make up their minds through debates and interviews.
    Trump's Legal Defense Fund scammed Americans for $250 million. I guess there are a plethora of MAGA fools in America, right?

“We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-04-2022)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, then you're calling a plethora of Trump supporters FOOLS. But then, most of us already knew that about them. BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

The so-called “Official Election Defense Fund” Donald Trump created in the wake of the 2020 election has been exposed as a total grift and scam. The January 6th commission has been investigating how between Election Day and the insurrection, the Trump campaign sent millions of fundraising emails to his supporter base. The truth is there was no such fund and the money being raised simply went to the Trump campaign. But that didn’t stop Trumpists from donating $250 million to it. The money then went to the family members and allies of Donald Trump. Kimberly Guilfoyle, the then-girlfriend now-fiancée of Don Jr., was paid $60,000 of this money for giving a two-and-a-half-minute speech at the rally on the 6th. This grift could very well be criminal, but at the very least it was a scam that once again Trump supporters fell for.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-04-2022)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    The ‘Election Defense Fund’ didn’t exist
    The second hearing focused on the Trump campaign’s fundraising efforts in the immediate aftermath of the election.
    “The ‘Big Lie’ was also a big rip-off,” Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) contended.
    Lofgren cited the barrage of fundraising emails Team Trump sent to supporters between Election Day and Jan. 6. On some days, more than 20 such emails were blasted out.
    Many encouraged the recipients to contribute to an “Election Defense Fund,” the suggestion being that the money would be used to push Trump’s claims of fraud in court.
    One problem: the Election Defense Fund didn’t exist.
    “I don’t believe there is actually a fund called the ‘Election Defense Fund,’ ” the former digital director for the Trump campaign, Gary Coby, acknowledged.
    The nonexistent fund was, at best, a marketing ruse.
    It was also an effective one. Between the election and early December 2020, the joint fundraising efforts of Trump and the Republican National Committee raised about $207 million.

Much of the money seemed to go to Trump’s main post-election political action committee, Save America PAC.
    According to the panel, this PAC in turn “made millions of dollars of contributions to pro-Trump organizations.”
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Ha! That's priceless.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You took Fat Donald at his words? That was your first big mistake. What the hell were you thinking?

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The ‘big rip-off’: how Trump exploited his fans with ‘election defense’ fund
    The former president used donations to a nonexistent legal defense fund for his hotels and the January 6 Ellipse rally
    The frenzy of fundraising emails continued right up to January 6.

At 8.38pm on 4 November 2020, the day after America had gone to the polls to elect its next president, Donald Trump sent out a message to hundreds of thousands of his supporters from the email address contact@victory.donaldtrump.com.

By then it was already clear that not only was victory eluding Trump, but that he was heading towards defeat. A couple of hours earlier, Associated Press had called Michigan and Wisconsin for Joe Biden, putting the Democratic candidate just six electoral college votes away from the White House.

Not that you would have known it from Trump’s email.

“Friend,” it began. “The Democrats are trying to STEAL the Election. I’ve activated the Official Election Defense Fund and I need EVERY PATRIOT, including YOU, to step up and make sure we have enough resources to PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF OUR ELECTION.”

Some of the emails were general, pleading with Trump supporters to “defend our democracy” and prevent the “Radical Left” from “DESTROYING America”. They were sent under several different names – from Trump himself, his sons Don Jr and Eric, the former speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich, the current chair of the Republican National Committee Ronna McDaniel, and then vice-president Mike Pence.

Despite the nuances, all the millions of emails sent out from the @victory.donaldtrump.com address essentially said the same thing. They exhorted Trump supporters to back the “Official Election Defense Fund” with their hard-earned dollars.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    The ‘big rip-off’: how Trump exploited his fans with ‘election defense’ fund
    The former president used donations to a nonexistent legal defense fund for his hotels and the January 6 Ellipse rally
    The frenzy of fundraising emails continued right up to January 6.

At 8.38pm on 4 November 2020, the day after America had gone to the polls to elect its next president, Donald Trump sent out a message to hundreds of thousands of his supporters from the email address contact@victory.donaldtrump.com.

By then it was already clear that not only was victory eluding Trump, but that he was heading towards defeat. A couple of hours earlier, Associated Press had called Michigan and Wisconsin for Joe Biden, putting the Democratic candidate just six electoral college votes away from the White House.

Not that you would have known it from Trump’s email.

“Friend,” it began. “The Democrats are trying to STEAL the Election. I’ve activated the Official Election Defense Fund and I need EVERY PATRIOT, including YOU, to step up and make sure we have enough resources to PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF OUR ELECTION.”

Some of the emails were general, pleading with Trump supporters to “defend our democracy” and prevent the “Radical Left” from “DESTROYING America”. They were sent under several different names – from Trump himself, his sons Don Jr and Eric, the former speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich, the current chair of the Republican National Committee Ronna McDaniel, and then vice-president Mike Pence.

Despite the nuances, all the millions of emails sent out from the @victory.donaldtrump.com address essentially said the same thing. They exhorted Trump supporters to back the “Official Election Defense Fund” with their hard-earned dollars.
    Methinks your 12b post in that other thread will likely give you a break from our site. What say you?

And this doesn't answer the question I had. Do you think someone here, at this site, gave any money to this Trump fund?
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

If you contributed to any Trump fund, your mom is to blame for not having aborted you.
    The doctors must have known you were fucked up.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969