Thread: Racism is still a big problem in the US, but this trend offers some hope

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,485 Times in 9,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default Racism is still a big problem in the US, but this trend offers some hope

(CNN) A White judge tells an interracial couple that "Almighty God" placed the races on different continents because he "did not intend for the races to mix."

A US Senator writes a book about the dangers of interracial unions called, "Take Your Choice: Separation or Mongrelization."

A White father is so disgusted after reading a magazine article on interracial marriage that he writes a letter to the editor saying if his daughter even thought of marrying a Black man, "I would personally kill her and then myself."

These are soundbites from an earlier era, when most White Americans were repulsed by the idea of interracial marriage. It was a time when White judges and politicians talked openly about protecting the "purity and integrity of the white race" and the evils of "race-mixing" and miscegenation -- a pejorative term for intimate relations between people of different races.

That all began to change in June of 1967 when the US Supreme Court unanimously struck down an anti-miscegenation law in the Loving v. Virginia case. The case concerned the marriage between a white man, Richard Loving, and his wife, Mildred Jeter, a woman of Black and Native American ancestry.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/us/in...cec/index.html

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-03-2022), Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022), PoliTalker (07-03-2022), ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

YES, RACISM IS STILL A PROBLEM IN THE US ,WITH RACE-O-CRATS HYSTERICALLY TRYING TO CONTINUE MURDERING MILLIONS OF BLACK AND HISPANIC BABIES IN THE WOMB.

BLACKS ARE LESS THAN 15% OF THE POPULATION, BUT HAVE 40% of THE ABORTIONS = MARGARET SANGERS EUGENICS NIGHTMARE MADE REAL.

WHY DO RACE-O-CRATS SO DESPERATELY NEED TO MURDER BLACK AND BROWN BABIES?

Last edited by Grokmaster; 07-03-2022 at 12:44 PM.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Bigdog (07-03-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

OK, the hope part is in the popular approval of interracial marriage, which has happened despite all this other hatred.

""You can dehumanize people when they are just abstract concepts to you," she says. "Affirmative action, voting rights—these are issues that you can depersonalize. But you can't depersonalize your cousin's husband at the barbecue who asks you to pass the ketchup. It's hard to dismiss or take a stance against love when it's in your face.""
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Maybe it’s a boomer thing, and I understand the history of America, but it’s interesting that people still talk about inter racial marriage only in terms of white and black, as if the millions of Hispanics, Asians, Indians etc don’t live in this country and don’t inter marry themselves - or with white and black people.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bigdog (07-03-2022)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    OK, the hope part is in the popular approval of interracial marriage, which has happened despite all this other hatred.

""You can dehumanize people when they are just abstract concepts to you," she says. "Affirmative action, voting rights—these are issues that you can depersonalize. But you can't depersonalize your cousin's husband at the barbecue who asks you to pass the ketchup. It's hard to dismiss or take a stance against love when it's in your face.""
    It’s an interesting argument to say those who don’t necessarily support the lowering of standards ala affirmative action are deemed to be dehumanizing others.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Bigdog (07-03-2022)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It’s an interesting argument to say those who don’t necessarily support the lowering of standards ala affirmative action are deemed to be dehumanizing others.
    That is not what I quoted. The point is not that 'everyone in this one box is doing this one thing.' It is that haters may take one view when it is someone they know personally, but all those other people of color who are not known to the hater produce a different response.

When put on the spot racists can accept a family member of color, but they still don't want their children going to a school that has too many of them.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    YES, RACISM IS STILL A PROBLEM IN THE US ,WITH RACE-O-CRATS HYSTERICALLY TRYING TO CONTINUE MURDERING MILLIONS OF BLACK AND HISPANIC BABIES IN THE WOMB.

BLACKS ARE LESS THAN 15% OF THE POPULATION, BUT HAVE 40% of THE ABORTIONS = MARGARET SANGERS EUGENICS NIGHTMARE MADE REAL.

WHY DO RACE-O-CRATS SO DESPERATELY NEED TO MURDER BLACK AND BROWN BABIES?

As A multiracial person I can safely say

Attached Images Attached Images
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (07-03-2022)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    As A multiracial person I can safely say

AS A MULTI-RACIAL PESON, I CAN SAY, FUCK OFF, WHITE MAN.

CLARENCE THOMAS SAVED MORE BLACK LIVES THAN BLM EVER DREAMED OF.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    AS A MULTI-RACIAL PESON, I CAN SAY, FUCK OFF, WHITE MAN.

CLARENCE THOMAS SAVED MORE BLACK LIVES THAN BLM EVER DREAMED OF.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

You old demented cracka
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not P.C. to state but some of the most beautiful women come from racial mixes. Put that at the top of the list of the benefits of people marrying regardless of background