Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: To those cheering the Roe vs. Wade over turn.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Ten states have enacted abortion bans without rape or incest exceptions:

Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas.

In recent weeks, several other legislatures have been racing to enact abortion bans.

Arizona’s governor recently signed a 15-week abortion ban without rape or incest exceptions, although it is not yet in effect.

A similar 15-week ban without the exceptions is awaiting the governor’s signature in Florida.

Let me guess..... you're not really a complete fucking idiot, you just play one on the internet?

No, you're the real deal in that regard.

Like I said.... If a company is located outside the US, say in Canada, which has already promised to cooperate in providing abortion services, or Mexico, who would probably relish the idea of shoving it up the right's ass for the way they behave on the immigration issue, or even the Bahamas, and they choose to ship an FDA approved medication to some ignorant shithole red state, there ain't shit that state can do about it.

So fuck you.
    obviously you are wrong.......states would in fact have the power to enforce their laws against any company that violates them.......it happens all the time.....if you think otherwise, order some recreational marijuana to be mailed to you from Massachusetts......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Groans At PostmodernProphet For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,718 Times in 4,154 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Hmmm, I would be secure in that if Dump didn't install DeJoy as head of the USPS. That POS is doing everything he can to make the USPS so ineffective that private companies will "magnanimously" pick up the slack....and how much do you want to bet that they'll find a way to deem shipments of such as against their principals as a private company and have the current skeezy SCOTUS rule in their favor?

I know, I know...it's hypothetical on my part, but damned if it ain't plausible given recent history!

No need to worry. There is no private company that can afford to provide the same services that the USPS does, for the same price.

It is illegal for the USPS to turn a profit.

Private carriers can deliver the pills across state lines overnight. Thankfully
    I agree with your first sentence and the 2nd and 3rd ones is a moot point. The reality is that the corporatization ilk in this country DON'T CARE about the fallout....they just want the bucks and THE CONTROL of information and such.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Theywillneverlearn! View Post
    The big bold letters pretty much prove you are same sex proponent. Basically a confused individual. Your opinion on this means shit. Someone like yourself cannot get pregnant through anal sex. I realize democrats as a whole are too fucking stupid to realize that, but ...basic math, biology , escapes them. We are taking really simple shit here. Liberals? No fucking clue. Like your post.
    Let's deconstruct your screed sentence for sentence.

1. Since the subject title and the OP deals with ABORTION and the recent SCOTUS decision to repeal Roe vs. Wade, I (and I'm sure a lot of readers) are at a lost as to how you built a bridge to the topic of "same sex" (you never clarify "same sex" what, so I won't assume what you're specifying. Big topic, ya know). Evidently, you have an axe to grind .... perhaps from some previous encounter with you under another screen name.

2 - 3. You're projecting. See #1.

3. Since anal sex wasn't mentioned or alluded to in the OP, what you say here makes no sense, much less seems rational.

4. Another wildly off topic assertion of yours. I suggest you calm down, stop drinking, resume your meds or see a therapist with your issues.

5. To any one with a high school G.E.D. reading comprehension, the OP's point is "simplistic". Your response is illogical, irrational and retaliatory and makes no sense.

6 - 8. See #5. Clearly, you have issues that go beyond the OP. I see no need to waste any further or future time and space on you.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, I would be secure in that if Dump didn't install DeJoy as head of the USPS. That POS is doing everything he can to make the USPS so ineffective that private companies will "magnanimously" pick up the slack....and how much do you want to bet that they'll find a way to deem shipments of such as against their principals as a private company and have the current skeezy SCOTUS rule in their favor?

I know, I know...it's hypothetical on my part, but damned if it ain't plausible given recent history!
    Plenty of time for Biden to uninstall Trump's minion and replace him with someone else.

But as you alluded to, there's always FedEx and UPS.

And since the USPS cannot open or inspect the contents of mail without probable cause, there's no threat to the recipient.

My guess is that FedEx and UPS will side with their pro-choice customers and openly defy red state bans.

That seems to be the trend, anyway.

Very few Hobby Lobby type fundie nutjob companies out there.

Abortion will continue almost if not completely UNABATED.
    Hmm, interesting analysis.....I hope you're right....and hope springs eternal.

As the old saying goes, "Keep the Faith, baby!"

George Orwell

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022), Nomad (07-04-2022)

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Stupid.
    Don't be so hard on yourself, Stoney. Just ask some nearby adult to explain it to you.

George Orwell

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022), Nomad (07-04-2022)

10. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post

For the same reason that the feds "weigh in" on your civil rights, (which includes your right to privacy against an entity or gov't that wants to tap your phone just for the hell of it). Capice?
    Think for a minute. The ONLY "entity" that is exempt from our right to privacy is the government itself. And that is the original purpose of the right to privacy. Hell, anyone enrolled in obamacare practically handed their medical records to the government and said "here, take these and my right to privacy too".
    Nice try, but not quite accurate.

Maybe you haven't notice, but there is a CONSTANT battle for public accountability with various branches of the Federal Gov't .... do a little research into the Freedom of Information Act. Also, this is why you have Congressional hearings. And NO, "Obamacare" delivered no more or less personal med information to gov't agencies than any other entity ... were you upset when you found out about insurance companies turning over records to our national security agencies....or FaceBook doing its recent data dump? Did you scream bloody murder when the Patriot Act allowed unapproved examination of your personal life? Are you upset about private companies asking for your FaceBook page as part of the interview process?

Yes, there are people in and out of gov't fighting the good fight against the aforementioned .... you're just not aware of it. So spare me your alleged grievance.

George Orwell

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

12. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,001 Times in 8,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    obviously you are wrong.......states would in fact have the power to enforce their laws against any company that violates them.......it happens all the time.....if you think otherwise, order some recreational marijuana to be mailed to you from Massachusetts......
    You are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking STUPID!!!!!!!!

Marijuana is a controlled narcotic substance which is still against federal law to possess in any state, no matter what any state law says.

You could possess marijuana in legal states without being in violation of state law but still be arrested by federal agents and charged with possession.

But I am talking about shipping a legal, FDA approved medication from outside the US borders.

No state has the power to prosecute a foreign entity, Karen.

You dumbass bitch.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022), Taichiliberal (07-03-2022)

14. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    A) cash is fungible so tax payers were funding the mass infanticide.

B) you don't get to privately murder babies anymore than you get to murder adults.
    a) Your opinion, supposition and conjecture are worthless and meaningless. FACT is that you tax dollars do not fund abortions. Here, for your education: https://www.romper.com/p/how-much-ta...urprised-32790

b) ANYONE who is "murdered" must have a report generated by the local Medical Examiner. That means a BIRTH DATE must be part of the form filled out. For your statement to have validity, you need to produce a list of babies that were officially listed as "murdered" by the State. Otherwise, religious based beliefs don't count...philosophical beliefs don't count. Carry on.

George Orwell

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022), Nomad (07-04-2022)

16. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post

Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You're wasting your time trying to reason with zealots and idiots.

Nothing to worry about though.

The abortion pill is going to take over where the vast majority of surgical abortions left off now and you can bet your ass that they will be shipped to anyone who wants them in states with total bans. If not from legal abortion states, then from Canada and even Mexico.

Plus, I'm guessing that the drug's makers will be working hard to improve it, so that it works beyond fifteen weeks.

Fuck the right.

Anyone selling them will be getting life sentences, far more profitable and less risky drugs to sell than baby murder pills.
    You answer a person's guess work with wishful thinking.

George Orwell

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

18. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    No one, I mean no one has the customer service number for the gemini? Really? How fucking old is this thing?
    WTF are you on about now?

George Orwell

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

20. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyerloggingon View Post
    An emotional outburst like the above might make the poster feel better but is completely irrelevant to the facts of the decision and what it will or will not lead to.
    You're all sour grapes but no substance. Next time, try to logically and factually debunk what you don't like instead of just spewing sour grapes and trying to sound intelligent. If you can't, Sawyer, then don't waste time and space....just log out.

George Orwell

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

22. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, look at them....

Lyin'fish.
    Sarcasm and cynicism is wasted on the MAGA minions.

George Orwell

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022), Nomad (07-03-2022)

24. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 6,674 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Here's the thing:

No one is asking you & yours a damned thing.....it's a private decision between the woman, her partner/husband (if that is the case) and the doctor (if she has a primary healthcare physician). None of your tax dollars are funding such ... that old canard by the Christo-fascists has been put to bed numerous times. And no one is putting a gun to anyone's head saying "you must have an abortion". So mind your own damned business, because the same mindset you push here can be used to have states ban contraception of any kind. Hell, why not stop all this nonsense at the source? Make vasectomy mandatory for all males until they can prove financial and emotional maturity to be fathers? Or tubal ligation for all females with the same requirements for motherhood? If you're going to justify this latest BS, why not just be honest and go whole hog? It would be the theocratic thing to do.
    If the GOP and their evangelical overlords actually cared about children they'd be advocating for stricter gun laws, along with publicly funded pre and post-natal care.

Unfortunately for the GOP, like the Taliban, it's all about control of the masses. I don't buy their "caring about life" one bit.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Taichiliberal (07-03-2022)

26. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're wasting your time trying to reason with zealots and idiots.

Nothing to worry about though.

The abortion pill is going to take over where the vast majority of surgical abortions left off now and you can bet your ass that they will be shipped to anyone who wants them in states with total bans. If not from legal abortion states, then from Canada and even Mexico.

Plus, I'm guessing that the drug's makers will be working hard to improve it, so that it works beyond fifteen weeks.

Fuck the right.
    Yeah, and states are trying to get control of the pills as well. They want the masses to be out of options and dependent of their authoritarian overlords for their existence. Fuck the Republican Taliban.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

27. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    "The Supreme Court is Illegitimate"

"Pack the Court!"

"Intimidate the justices!"

America is over folks, you best Buckle Up.
    Fuck the trolls like you on JPP! <--- that's what people are actually saying, bridge troll.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Taichiliberal (07-03-2022)