Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: To those cheering the Roe vs. Wade over turn.

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Not getting vaccinated potentially puts others at risk of getting whichever virus the vaccine was designed to fight against.

Getting an abortion puts nobody at risk of anything.

Taking away women's right to an abortion protects nobody from anything.

Typical lame, idiotic right-wing attempt at parallel drawing.

Fail.

Again.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-05-2022)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    If it were trouble-free to send things in the mail, people would be sending illegal drugs like weed to states where it is not. I'm telling you, the redneck states are going to look for a way to further control women. It's not like they haven't thought about mail order Plan B pills. Seriously.
    1) Abortion pills are FDA approved and legal according to federal law (for the time being anyway). So the USPS, a federal agency, would have no directive to report any findings. Maybe under a Repugnant President, but even then, there's no clear indication that they could determine which packages contain them.

2) Weed and other drugs, but especially weed, is against federal law which mail carriers are forced to abide by and cooperate with federal law enforcement by reporting suspicious packages. Weed and cocaine can also be easily sniffed out by trained dogs. I can't say for sure, but I kind of doubt that a dog can be trained to tell the difference between abortion pills and blood pressure pills or diabetes pills or headache pills, etc.

3) People actually ARE using the mail to send illegal drugs to other states. I'm guessing edible cannabis products cannot be sniffed out by dogs, but I'm not sure.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-05-2022)

5. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,175 Times in 10,668 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Not getting vaccinated potentially puts others at risk of getting whichever virus the vaccine was designed to fight against.

Fail.

Again.
    What is a woman?

6. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What is a woman?
    Something that you'll never have.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,340 Times in 52,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

What is a woman?
    Figures you wouldn't know. Your homeschooling has some serious gaps, son.

This is a woman:
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,717 Times in 4,154 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Also, it's fantastically (and sometimes willfully) ignorant to believe that the vast majority of abortions are on a nonchalant "yeah, why not" basis. Any basic research done by objective, valid sources will tell you that.
    Among the structured survey respondents, the two most common reasons were "having a baby would dramatically change my life" and "I can't afford a baby now" (cited by 74% and 73%, respectively—Table 2). A large proportion of women cited relationship problems or a desire to avoid single motherhood (48%). Nearly four in 10 indicated that they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third said they were not ready to have a child. Women also cited possible problems affecting the health of the fetus or concerns about their own health (13% and 12%, respectively).‡
    https://www.guttmacher.org/journals/...e-perspectives
    From your link:

- I CAN'T AFFORD A BABY NOW: 73%
    - Relationship problems & avoiding single motherhood: 48%
    - Concerns of health problems and that of the fetus: 13% and 12% respectively
    - 1/3 were not ready to have a child

Nothing there that remotely indicates the "yeah, why not" reason you gave.

But here's the curious thing; you quoted
    "....having a baby would dramatically change my life", cited by 74%

Yet initially your site explained that this 74% said "having a child would interfere with a woman's education, work or ability to care for dependents."

This is a significant clarification that changes the conclusion and any assertions....at least for those who understand comprehensive reading as opposed to extrapolating on excerpts.

If you don't understand, get a nearby adult to explain it to you. If you do understand but insist on your misleading interpretation, then you've proven once again to be an insipidly stubborn Post Modern MAGA Fool. Carry on.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-05-2022)

10. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

63 million.....
    Without any death certificates from any M.E. in the 50 states? Puh-leeze!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-05-2022)

12. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    The second offers the reason for the first, and the third is meant to ease anyone's mind who believes that it is possible for a total takeover of our bodies by the govt..

Hell...pot has been illegal for decades. Has there ever been a problem acquiring it?
    People have been growing pot domestically (albeit clandestine) for decades. Despite the illegal shipments and such. Home made pharma for contraception would be a whole other smoke (no pun intended).

George Orwell

13. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Ahh, but the devil is in the details:

State Funding of Abortion Under Medicaid

https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...under-medicaid

The details tell us tax money is being used to pay for abortions whether federal or state.
    Not quite....the devil is in the details: From the link: First implemented in 1977, the Hyde Amendment, which currently forbids the use of federal funds for abortions except in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest, has guided public funding for abortions under the joint federal-state Medicaid programs for low-income people. At a minimum, states must cover those abortions that meet the federal exceptions. Although most states meet the requirements, one state is in violation of federal Medicaid law, because it pays for abortions only in cases of life endangerment. Some states use their own funds to pay for all or most medically necessary abortions, although most do so as a result of a specific court order.

33 states and the District of Columbia follow the federal standard and provide abortions in cases of life endangerment, rape and incest.
    4 of these states also provide state funds for abortions in cases of fetal impairment.
    4 of these states also provide state funds for abortions that are necessary to prevent grave, long-lasting damage to the person's physical health.
    1 state provides abortions only in cases of life endangerment, in apparent violation of the federal standard.
    16 states have a policy that directs Medicaid to pay for all or most medically necessary abortions.
    7 of these states provide such funds voluntarily.
    9 of these states do so pursuant to a court order.

George Orwell

14. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fail.

Again.
    It's a stupid argument because it tries to ignore the FACT that the vaccines have all been "approved" under emergency conditions and WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO under normal circumstances. Also, the growing number of adverse side effects, rise in cardiovascular deaths and such AFTER getting jab are being ignored by the MSM, although it can be found in the reports by various peer reviewed and valid journals ... authored by board certified physicians and medical scientist nationally and internationally.

Big freaking difference from telling a woman that she has to bring a pregnancy to term regardless of the circumstance (unless it will kill her during delivery).

George Orwell

15. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 6,674 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

you are brain dead.....
    At least I have a brain, troll.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

16. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 6,674 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

1) Abortion pills are FDA approved and legal according to federal law (for the time being anyway). So the USPS, a federal agency, would have no directive to report any findings. Maybe under a Repugnant President, but even then, there's no clear indication that they could determine which packages contain them.

2) Weed and other drugs, but especially weed, is against federal law which mail carriers are forced to abide by and cooperate with federal law enforcement by reporting suspicious packages. Weed and cocaine can also be easily sniffed out by trained dogs. I can't say for sure, but I kind of doubt that a dog can be trained to tell the difference between abortion pills and blood pressure pills or diabetes pills or headache pills, etc.

3) People actually ARE using the mail to send illegal drugs to other states. I'm guessing edible cannabis products cannot be sniffed out by dogs, but I'm not sure.
    You still don't think that in Alabama for example, there won't be people opening packages looking for abortion pills? Remember, abortion is illegal Federally.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

17. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    From your link:

- I CAN'T AFFORD A BABY NOW: 73%
    - Relationship problems & avoiding single motherhood: 48%
    - Concerns of health problems and that of the fetus: 13% and 12% respectively
    - 1/3 were not ready to have a child

Nothing there that remotely indicates the "yeah, why not" reason you gave.

But here's the curious thing; you quoted
    "....having a baby would dramatically change my life", cited by 74%

Yet initially your site explained that this 74% said "having a child would interfere with a woman's education, work or ability to care for dependents."

This is a significant clarification that changes the conclusion and any assertions....at least for those who understand comprehensive reading as opposed to extrapolating on excerpts.

If you don't understand, get a nearby adult to explain it to you. If you do understand but insist on your misleading interpretation, then you've proven once again to be an insipidly stubborn Post Modern MAGA Fool. Carry on.
    apparently the apparatchik doesn't understand that the reasons given, besides save the life of the mother, ARE "yeah why not".......none of the rest are sufficient cause to take human life.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

18. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Without any death certificates from any M.E. in the 50 states? Puh-leeze!
    I know, right.....I guess you folks just don't give a shit about human life.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

19. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Not quite....the devil is in the details: From the link: First implemented in 1977, the Hyde Amendment, which currently forbids the use of federal funds for abortions except in cases of life endangerment, rape or incest, has guided public funding for abortions under the joint federal-state Medicaid programs for low-income people. At a minimum, states must cover those abortions that meet the federal exceptions. Although most states meet the requirements, one state is in violation of federal Medicaid law, because it pays for abortions only in cases of life endangerment. Some states use their own funds to pay for all or most medically necessary abortions, although most do so as a result of a specific court order.

33 states and the District of Columbia follow the federal standard and provide abortions in cases of life endangerment, rape and incest.
    4 of these states also provide state funds for abortions in cases of fetal impairment.
    4 of these states also provide state funds for abortions that are necessary to prevent grave, long-lasting damage to the person's physical health.
    1 state provides abortions only in cases of life endangerment, in apparent violation of the federal standard.
    16 states have a policy that directs Medicaid to pay for all or most medically necessary abortions.
    7 of these states provide such funds voluntarily.
    9 of these states do so pursuant to a court order.
    This does not conflict with my original post which simply said "some states use Medicaid funds to pay for abortions". They often have to use state Medicaid money rather than federal.