Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: To those cheering the Roe vs. Wade over turn.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default To those cheering the Roe vs. Wade over turn.

Here's the thing:

No one is asking you & yours a damned thing.....it's a private decision between the woman, her partner/husband (if that is the case) and the doctor (if she has a primary healthcare physician). None of your tax dollars are funding such ... that old canard by the Christo-fascists has been put to bed numerous times. And no one is putting a gun to anyone's head saying "you must have an abortion". So mind your own damned business, because the same mindset you push here can be used to have states ban contraception of any kind. Hell, why not stop all this nonsense at the source? Make vasectomy mandatory for all males until they can prove financial and emotional maturity to be fathers? Or tubal ligation for all females with the same requirements for motherhood? If you're going to justify this latest BS, why not just be honest and go whole hog? It would be the theocratic thing to do.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-02-2022), Frank Apisa (07-02-2022), gemini104104 (07-03-2022), Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

You're wasting your time trying to reason with zealots and idiots.

Nothing to worry about though.

The abortion pill is going to take over where the vast majority of surgical abortions left off now and you can bet your ass that they will be shipped to anyone who wants them in states with total bans. If not from legal abortion states, then from Canada and even Mexico.

Plus, I'm guessing that the drug's makers will be working hard to improve it, so that it works beyond fifteen weeks.

Fuck the right.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Frank Apisa (07-02-2022), Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

"The Supreme Court is Illegitimate"

"Pack the Court!"

"Intimidate the justices!"

America is over folks, you best Buckle Up.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. The Following User Groans At Hawkeye10 For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

The abortion pill is going to take over where the vast majority of surgical abortions left off now and you can bet your ass that they will be shipped to anyone who wants them in states with total bans. If not from legal abortion states, then from Canada and even Mexico.

Plus, I'm guessing that the drug's makers will be working hard to improve it, so that it works beyond fifteen weeks.

Fuck the right.
    Hmmm, I would be secure in that if Dump didn't install DeJoy as head of the USPS. That POS is doing everything he can to make the USPS so ineffective that private companies will "magnanimously" pick up the slack....and how much do you want to bet that they'll find a way to deem shipments of such as against their principals as a private company and have the current skeezy SCOTUS rule in their favor?

I know, I know...it's hypothetical on my part, but damned if it ain't plausible given recent history!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-02-2022), Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    "The Supreme Court is Illegitimate"

"Pack the Court!"

"Intimidate the justices!"

America is over folks, you best Buckle Up.
    Gee, that's just what the GOP and it's sycophants and flunkies were screaming during the Obama years. Go figure.

George Orwell

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Here's the thing:

No one is asking you & yours a damned thing.....it's a private decision between the woman, her partner/husband (if that is the case) and the doctor (if she has a primary healthcare physician). None of your tax dollars are funding such ... that old canard by the Christo-fascists has been put to bed numerous times. And no one is putting a gun to anyone's head saying "you must have an abortion". So mind your own damned business, because the same mindset you push here can be used to have states ban contraception of any kind. Hell, why not stop all this nonsense at the source? Make vasectomy mandatory for all males until they can prove financial and emotional maturity to be fathers? Or tubal ligation for all females with the same requirements for motherhood? If you're going to justify this latest BS, why not just be honest and go whole hog? It would be the theocratic thing to do.
    If it's a private decision why do the feds need to weigh in on it one way or another?
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

13. The Following User Groans At Lightbringer For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Callinectes (07-02-2022), Earl (07-02-2022), Life is Golden (07-02-2022)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    If it's a private decision why do the feds need to weigh in on it one way or another?
    For the same reason that the feds "weigh in" on your civil rights, (which includes your right to privacy against an entity or gov't that wants to tap your phone just for the hell of it). Capice?

George Orwell

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

For the same reason that the feds "weigh in" on your civil rights, (which includes your right to privacy against an entity or gov't that wants to tap your phone just for the hell of it). Capice?
    Don't try to play this game with me, I'm way ahead of you on this. I asked you a simple question. I do agree with you about medical procedures being between a patient and a doctor. I don't care about the recent decision because I never thought it was any of the feds business to begin with. Neither is marriage. Yet, you seem to be upset by the feds fucking off and minding their own business.

18. The Following User Groans At Lightbringer For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Callinectes (07-02-2022), Lionfish (07-02-2022)

20. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Don't try to play this game with me, I'm way ahead of you on this. I asked you a simple question. I do agree with you about medical procedures being between a patient and a doctor. I don't care about the recent decision because I never thought it was any of the feds business to begin with. Neither is marriage. Yet, you seem to be upset by the feds fucking off and minding their own business.
    No "game", junior. You asked a simple question and I gave a simple answer....an answer any 8th grader or high school junior would know.

Now you state that you agree that the recent SCOTUS decision on Roe vs. Wade was wrong. So that should be the end of it. Yet for some weird reason, you segway to a general anti-gov't rant. Why? Are you in favor of anyone for any reason taping your phone, as I said? If not, then some form of gov't (local, state or federal) has to create an infrastructure that protects your privacy....just like they did for abortion in Roe vs. Wade (of which again, you agreed to).

How marriage got into this is just an unnecessary detour that's part of your rant. It has nothing to do with the OP. In fact, you want a "common law" marriage, you can. Gov't only steps in when there are kids (health & education) or when property and money is concerned (who pays for what, who inherits what, etc.).

So all that being said and done, I don't think you and I have any major disagreements here. A rarity to be sure, but one that I don't object to.

George Orwell

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No "game", junior. You asked a simple question and I gave a simple answer....an answer any 8th grader or high school junior would know.

Now you state that you agree that the recent SCOTUS decision on Roe vs. Wade was wrong. So that should be the end of it. Yet for some weird reason, you segway to a general anti-gov't rant. Why? Are you in favor of anyone for any reason taping your phone, as I said? If not, then some form of gov't (local, state or federal) has to create an infrastructure that protects your privacy....just like they did for abortion in Roe vs. Wade (of which again, you agreed to).

How marriage got into this is just an unnecessary detour that's part of your rant. It has nothing to do with the OP. In fact, you want a "common law" marriage, you can. Gov't only steps in when there are kids (health & education) or when property and money is concerned (who pays for what, who inherits what, etc.).

So all that being said and done, I don't think you and I have any major disagreements here. A rarity to be sure, but one that I don't object to.
    You don't know why marriage got into this? Really? It's none of the feds business just like medical treatment isn't.

23. The Following User Groans At Lightbringer For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

24. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

Fuck the right.
    You're truly ignorant, in the UK 91% of abortions happen in the first trimester and nearly 90% are medically induced. The FDA has also removed its ban on mail orders over the internet and the need to get a doctor to sanction it.

Even in the US medical abortions are around 55%, it may be far more now post R v W.

As for your assertion that some states can ban mail orders and confiscate them, you really do to get up to speed and seek the truth.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attor...ackson-women-s

I might add that I've always been a supporter of abortion but it truly baffles me with the sheer amount of contraception available that it should still be an issue in the 21st century.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 07-02-2022 at 03:52 AM.

25. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

26. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    You're truly ignorant, in the UK 91% of abortions happen in the first trimester and nearly 90% are medically induced. The FDA has also removed its ban on mail orders over the internet and the need to get a doctor to sanction it.

Even in the US medical abortions are around 55%, it may be far more now post R v W.
    Those states want 100% ban on abortions at any week and for rape and incest victims. Are you willing to go that route?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-02-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

28. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's the thing:

and your state will deal with it.

the constitution does not address the issue.

IT IS NOT A PRIVACY ISSUE, as it deal with life and death.

and if you insist on 9 month abortions youre just freaks.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

30. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's the thing:

What is a woman?

31. The Following User Groans At Lionfish For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

33. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

or maybe just realize killing unborn children isn't civilized.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

34. The Following User Groans At PostmodernProphet For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

35. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)