Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: To those cheering the Roe vs. Wade over turn.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,167 Times in 14,705 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiliberal View Post
    Here's the thing:

No one is asking you & yours a damned thing.....it's a private decision between the woman, her partner/husband (if that is the case) and the doctor (if she has a primary healthcare physician). None of your tax dollars are funding such ... that old canard by the Christo-fascists has been put to bed numerous times. And no one is putting a gun to anyone's head saying "you must have an abortion". So mind your own damned business, because the same mindset you push here can be used to have states ban contraception of any kind. Hell, why not stop all this nonsense at the source? Make vasectomy mandatory for all males until they can prove financial and emotional maturity to be fathers? Or tubal ligation for all females with the same requirements for motherhood? If you're going to justify this latest BS, why not just be honest and go whole hog? It would be the theocratic thing to do.
    No they are just holding a suction canula to someone head and saying you will die in an abortion.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 07-02-2022 at 11:10 PM.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

2. The Following User Groans At ExpressLane For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

4. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Hmmm, I would be secure in that if Dump didn't install DeJoy as head of the USPS. That POS is doing everything he can to make the USPS so ineffective that private companies will "magnanimously" pick up the slack....and how much do you want to bet that they'll find a way to deem shipments of such as against their principals as a private company and have the current skeezy SCOTUS rule in their favor?

I know, I know...it's hypothetical on my part, but damned if it ain't plausible given recent history!
    Plenty of time for Biden to uninstall Trump's minion and replace him with someone else.

But as you alluded to, there's always FedEx and UPS.

And since the USPS cannot open or inspect the contents of mail without probable cause, there's no threat to the recipient.

My guess is that FedEx and UPS will side with their pro-choice customers and openly defy red state bans.

That seems to be the trend, anyway.

Very few Hobby Lobby type fundie nutjob companies out there.

Abortion will continue almost if not completely UNABATED.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

6. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    No they are just holding a suction canula to someone head and saying you will die in an abortion.
    And you rwnj's are living justification for it.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

8. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,560 Times in 9,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Here's the thing:

No one is asking you & yours a damned thing.....it's a private decision between the woman, her partner/husband (if that is the case) and the doctor (if she has a primary healthcare physician). None of your tax dollars are funding such ... that old canard by the Christo-fascists has been put to bed numerous times. And no one is putting a gun to anyone's head saying "you must have an abortion". So mind your own damned business, because the same mindset you push here can be used to have states ban contraception of any kind. Hell, why not stop all this nonsense at the source? Make vasectomy mandatory for all males until they can prove financial and emotional maturity to be fathers? Or tubal ligation for all females with the same requirements for motherhood? If you're going to justify this latest BS, why not just be honest and go whole hog? It would be the theocratic thing to do.
    Stupid.

9. The Following User Groans At Stone For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

11. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Hmmm, I would be secure in that if Dump didn't install DeJoy as head of the USPS. That POS is doing everything he can to make the USPS so ineffective that private companies will "magnanimously" pick up the slack....and how much do you want to bet that they'll find a way to deem shipments of such as against their principals as a private company and have the current skeezy SCOTUS rule in their favor?

I know, I know...it's hypothetical on my part, but damned if it ain't plausible given recent history!
    I believe it. States that will ban abortion aren't going to limit it to surgical procedures. Making an exception for medical abortions would go against their narrative.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

12. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Taichiliberal (07-03-2022)

13. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    You're truly ignorant, in the UK 91% of abortions happen in the first trimester and nearly 90% are medically induced. The FDA has also removed its ban on mail orders over the internet and the need to get a doctor to sanction it.

Even in the US medical abortions are around 55%, it may be far more now post R v W.

As for your assertion that some states can ban mail orders and confiscate them, you really do to get up to speed and seek the truth.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attor...ackson-women-s

I might add that I've always been a supporter of abortion but it truly baffles me with the sheer amount of contraception available that it should still be an issue in the 21st century.
    Anti-abortion people can't call for the end of surgical abortions while approving or staying silent on medical abortions. It's inconsistent. According to them life begins at conception so a medical abortion would end that life just as surely as a surgical one would.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022), Taichiliberal (07-03-2022)

15. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

For the same reason that the feds "weigh in" on your civil rights, (which includes your right to privacy against an entity or gov't that wants to tap your phone just for the hell of it). Capice?
    Think for a minute. The ONLY "entity" that is exempt from our right to privacy is the government itself. And that is the original purpose of the right to privacy. Hell, anyone enrolled in obamacare practically handed their medical records to the government and said "here, take these and my right to privacy too".
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

16. The Following User Groans At Callinectes For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

18. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,625 Times in 9,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

19. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I believe it. States that will ban abortion aren't going to limit it to surgical procedures. Making an exception for medical abortions would go against their narrative.
    Merrick has already ruled on that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-a...ls-2022-6?op=1

20. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Those states want 100% ban on abortions at any week and for rape and incest victims. Are you willing to go that route?
    Where did I say that, fool?

21. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Those states want 100% ban on abortions at any week and for rape and incest victims. Are you willing to go that route?
    You're truly ignorant, in the UK 91% of abortions happen in the first trimester and nearly 90% are medically induced. The FDA has also removed its ban on mail orders over the internet and the need to get a doctor to sanction it.

Even in the US medical abortions are around 55%, it may be far more now post R v W.

22. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Anti-abortion people can't call for the end of surgical abortions while approving or staying silent on medical abortions. It's inconsistent. According to them life begins at conception so a medical abortion would end that life just as surely as a surgical one would.
    Yes but so what, their stance is already known.

23. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 75 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's the thing:

Here's the thing - You ARE asking us a fucking damned thing. You're asking us to look the fucking other way while you murder another human being in the womb. That's sure as fuck asking us to do a damned thing.

And hate to break it to you and your little binary worldview, but there are plenty of us like myself who are pro-life and sure as fuck ain't Christians. Atheists like myself, secularists, Muslims, Buddhists, even some Jews. So spare us your fucking bullshit about Christianity and 'theocracy', mmmkay bitch?

24. The Following User Groans At Gondwanaland For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

25. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,999 Times in 14,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You're wasting your time trying to reason with zealots and idiots.

Nothing to worry about though.

The abortion pill is going to take over where the vast majority of surgical abortions left off now and you can bet your ass that they will be shipped to anyone who wants them in states with total bans. If not from legal abortion states, then from Canada and even Mexico.

Plus, I'm guessing that the drug's makers will be working hard to improve it, so that it works beyond fifteen weeks.

Fuck the right.
    Here's the thing. The abortion pill works for early term pregnancies. Women are going to have to be more diligent about early testing if they believe there is a chance that they are pregnant.

Which should be the norm anyway.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022), Taichiliberal (07-03-2022)

27. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,999 Times in 14,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

No need to worry. There is no private company that can afford to provide the same services that the USPS does, for the same price.

It is illegal for the USPS to turn a profit.

Private carriers can deliver the pills across state lines overnight. Thankfully
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022)