Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oath Keepers believed Donald Trump would turn them into his own personal militia

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    So, as usual, like all twumptards you have nothing but the bullshit you pull out of your ass.
    since the OP was pulled out of someone's ass, it's merely a return in kind......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I like guns, and fully understand the appeal of a military-style assault rifle. It appeals to the little boys in us who used to play army and GI Joe.

I always felt that for home defense, the most effective weapons are 12 gauge shotguns and high caliber pistols, and if I actually enjoyed shooting deer I shouldn't need a 30 round capacity ammo clip to hit one.
    I'm retired military. No playing.

A shotgun is an excellent home defense weapon; preferably a "riot shotgun" with 8 rounds and a relatively short barrel. Of course, all the gun grabbers would call that a "weapon of war" since shotguns are used by the military for clearing trenches, houses and other fortifications.

"Need" is not a requirement to exercise a right in American. At least it shouldn't be. Hunting hogs and other varmints benefit from a 30 round magazine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_shotgun

A riot shotgun is a shotgun designed or modified for use as a primarily defensive weapon, by the use of a short barrel and sometimes a larger magazine capacity than shotguns marketed for hunting. The riot shotgun is used by military personnel for guard duty and was at one time used for riot control, and is commonly used as a door breaching and patrol weapon by law enforcement personnel, as well as a home defense weapon by civilians. Guns of this type are often labeled as breaching shotguns, tactical shotguns or special-purpose shotguns to denote the larger scope of their use; however, these are largely marketing terms.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_shotgun
    A combat shotgun is a shotgun issued by militaries for warfare. The earliest shotguns specifically designed for combat were the trench guns or trench shotguns issued in World War I. While limited in range, the multiple projectiles typically used in a shotgun shell provide increased hit probability unmatched by other small arms
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cypress (07-03-2022)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,903 Times in 6,593 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    since the OP was pulled out of someone's ass, it's merely a return in kind......
    You have the Oath Keepers' testimony asswipe.

There is no bottom to twumptard intelligence.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    No worries, private fuckwit. I knew you wouldn't take the bet and expect I'm not alone. You just like to spew your lies out of your cockholster. You are dishonest and cowardly.
    ok, russiagater.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Jurors will be told that the far-right extremists believed President Donald Trump would invoke the Insurrection Act as they gathered at the Capitol — 100 strong in their camo-colored tactical gear — and turn them into his own, ultra-loyal federal militia.

Their fantasy mission? To "Stop the Steal," "Defend the President," and "Defeat the Deep State," according to since-deleted rhetoric from their website. A defiant Trump would officially be their commander in chief.

"Do NOT concede, and do NOT wait until January 20, 2021," Inauguration Day. "Strike now," the Oath Keepers leader and founder, Elmer Stewart Rhodes, urged in an open letter to Trump on December 14, 2020.

https://www.businessinsider.com/oath...ze-them-2022-6
    Vision is so myopic in the bubble.

What bizarre beliefs!

'Far-fetched' is a gross understatement.

It doesn't matter what they believed. Sure. If what they believed were true, they might have possibly been sort of justified in the end, if a certain set of wacky circumstances unfolded in just the right way. But it wasn't true. And it didn't unfold that way. So it wasn't legal. They were breaking the law.

The backwards part is they thought they were fighting an insurrection. They had no idea they WERE the insurrection.

Talk about being conned.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-03-2022)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Extremists never learn.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello guno,

Vision is so myopic in the bubble.

What bizarre beliefs!

'Far-fetched' is a gross understatement.

It doesn't matter what they believed. Sure. If what they believed were true, they might have possibly been sort of justified in the end, if a certain set of wacky circumstances unfolded in just the right way. But it wasn't true. And it didn't unfold that way. So it wasn't legal. They were breaking the law.

The backwards part is they thought they were fighting an insurrection. They had no idea they WERE the insurrection.

Talk about being conned.
    who's against the constitution and the supreme court?

you people are in breach of legality, decorum, and good citizenship.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I like guns, and fully understand the appeal of a military-style assault rifle. It appeals to the little boys in us who used to play army and GI Joe.

I always felt that for home defense, the most effective weapons are 12 gauge shotguns and high caliber pistols, and if I actually enjoyed shooting deer I shouldn't need a 30 round capacity ammo clip to hit one.
    guns rights are not about peter pan syndrome and hunting. nice failed framing tho.

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

It has not been disputed by anyone twump wanted his soldiers with weapons in the capitol. I also believe, whether he tried to grab the limo wheel or not, he wanted to go with them march up to Pence and claim his throne.
    If only he had been allowed to...

There would be no doubt he was leading the insurrection.

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are not going to be any jury members who think the election was stolen. Any prudent prosecutor would ask that during jury selection and reject any witness who believed in falsehoods with good grounds to do so.

There isn't going to be anybody favorable to extremist conspiracy theories deciding on whether to convict the Oath Keepers.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    ok, russiagater.
    okjen:
    You don't make sense. Are you gargling with a cock in your mouth or just your finger?

< MEME OF FREDO GARGLING DILDO DELETED BY REQUEST >

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Everyone please take note that this meme/gif is 100% rated G so no fucking morons and morally righteous fucking puritans should take offense.

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You have the Oath Keepers' testimony asswipe.
    none of which was about anything Trump did.......I expect in ten of fifteen years even demmycrats will realize that......that's about when you people will realize the futility of continuing your search for Trump's crimes.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. The Following User Groans At PostmodernProphet For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,903 Times in 6,593 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    none of which was about anything Trump did.......I expect in ten of fifteen years even demmycrats will realize that......that's about when you people will realize the futility of continuing your search for Trump's crimes.....
    Your denial is almost as sweet as your tears over your 2020 loss. Get ready for some more.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your denial is almost as sweet as your tears over your 2020 loss. Get ready for some more.
    you do realize you are the only person in America that doesn't think the Republicans will retake the House, right?.......