1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,819 Times in 14,169 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Whythink,

OP link: "Zielke said she was told “we can’t just provide one side or the other side” before the parent pressed Boyer about the issue, demanding the board member clarify her definition of “other.”

“What she said to me was that we actually need an ‘American’ perspective,’” said Zielke, who said she pointed out that those who were incarcerated were, in fact, Americans, before the conversation grew increasingly heated.

“She clarified and said that she felt that we needed the perspective of the American government and why Japanese internment happened. And so then again, we had raised voices at this point. I told her specifically, I said, ‘The other side is racism.’” "

Darn right it is.
    Strange Germans weren't rounded up on the east coast even though U boats were in east coast waters
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-02-2022), Whythink (07-02-2022)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,328 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Did/can you read my post., ‘With your twisted logic, historical books about “justified slavery” are just fine to be taught to young school children.’

Teaching just one side of an issue is unacceptable at any grade level.

The ultra liberal, FDR authorized the internment and he was right.

It and the atomic bomb saved lives, one of whom was my brother and hundreds of thousands of American soldiers’ lives, if we had to invade Japan.
    Again, derp, it is being presented as LITERATURE. We had to read "The Grapes of Wrath" in h.s. Today you worshipers-of-ignorance would ban that as well, since it doesn't show the plight of the poor struggling landowners ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶o̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ employing the migrant Dust Bowl refugees. Then there was "Catch 22." Nope, no other side there, portraying the struggling Axis powers just trying to take over the world. Ditto for "Hiroshima," "1984," the kids in "Lord of the Flies," etc.

Basically what you desire most of all is to raise children as devoid of empathy, compassion, and critical thinking skills as you all are.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (07-02-2022), Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022), Whythink (07-02-2022)

5. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Strange Germans weren't rounded up on the east coast even though U boats were in east coast waters
    They don't look different.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-02-2022), Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022), ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2022), Whythink (07-02-2022)

7. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No it isn’t racism.

We were in a world war. Our country was not guaranteed a win.

The ultra liberal, FDR, put this policy in effect under world wartime conditions.

He was right, it saved lives and possibly the war and it was not racism.
    You truly are insane. This revelation explains a lot.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022)

9. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Again, derp, it is being presented as LITERATURE. We had to read "The Grapes of Wrath" in h.s. Today you worshipers-of-ignorance would ban that as well, since it doesn't show the plight of the poor struggling landowners ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶o̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ employing the migrant Dust Bowl refugees. Then there was "Catch 22." Nope, no other side there, portraying the struggling Axis powers just trying to take over the world. Ditto for "Hiroshima," "1984," the kids in "Lord of the Flies," etc.

Basically what you desire most of all is to raise children as devoid of empathy, compassion, and critical thinking skills as you all are.
    No, dummy, it’s indoctrination and propaganda.

So, you thought at first it was “exploiting” but then realized how stupid you are.

Good job.

10. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There was a lot of negativity directed towards Americans with German surnames during both World Wars. Some ppl even Anglicized their last names for that reason. BUT -- none of them were rounded up and put into internment camps.

It is just incredible that Earl is defending this. If he had lived 80 years ago, he'd be turning in his Jewish neighbors as a threat to the Vaterland.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022)

12. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,642 Times in 27,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I am pretty sure Solzhenitsyn's "A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch" is assigned or optional reading in college literature classes. I think Evince even read it for a high school class.

And I don't think conservatives ever demanded we hear Stalin's side of the story on the Gulag experience.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-02-2022), Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022), ThatOwlWoman (07-02-2022)

14. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You seem to know all about the homosexual community
    I know it’s a deviant, perverted lifestyle which, without outside intervention, would be. Death style lifestyle.

15. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,244 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Okay, let me just put an end to your incessantly stubborn effort to avoid conceding a logical point for the objective, rational reader to see.

Your first sentence states Sslavery was obviously not a primary mover for the US revolution.

This displays either poor reading comprehension or intentional intellectual dishonesty to misrepresent parts of the discussion. Again, Hannah-Jones said that her piece “doesn't claim that (the Revolutionary War) was fought solely to preserve slavery, but it does claim that it was a primary reason that some colonists, particularly in Virginia, decided to join the Revolutionary War.”
    https://www.browndailyherald.com/art...in-watson-talk

Got that? I hope so, because it renders your little myopic story (which you do not document) not only unnecessary, but unaccountable to ALL the information in the links I provided.

See, that's the problem with your knee jerk version of conservatism....you isolate, you juxtapose, you promote supposition & conjecture as fact and you consistently try to detour a debate away from any facts that conclude contrary to what you believe.

Now folk like you NEVER admit you're wrong or concede a point. You'll just double down and spew various versions of what you already have done. So unless you've got something original and/or can give a true point for point debate, I'll just let you ramble on and move on to something else.
    She makes slavery a centerpiece of her book. Using what amounts to weasel words to try and mitigate that doesn't change it. That is, slavery was a minor issue of little or no importance in making the American revolution. In fact, thousands of slaves ended up fighting in American militia and military units often being given their freedom in exchange for service--often paid.
    If perpetuating slavery was a serious reason, explain how. That only 1.5 to 2% of all Americans at the time owned slaves indicates that that reason as a motivator would have affected virtually no one, and certainly not on a scale that would allow success in the revolution.

Hannah-Jones in her book makes it sound as if slavery were a major reason for the revolution and a major motivator of it. That's utter bullshit and she's been called out for that and other historical mistakes repeatedly now.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

17. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, dummy, it’s indoctrination and propaganda.

So, you thought at first it was “exploiting” but then realized how stupid you are.

Good job.
    You are beyond stupid. I'm done with you. Your soul sickness could be contagious.

Haben Sie einen nett Tag, faschistisch Arschloch.

18. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know it’s a deviant, perverted lifestyle which, without outside intervention, would be. Death style lifestyle.
    Then you shouldn't do it. Problem solved.

19. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There was a lot of negativity directed towards Americans with German surnames during both World Wars. Some ppl even Anglicized their last names for that reason. BUT -- none of them were rounded up and put into internment camps.

It is just incredible that Earl is defending this. If he had lived 80 years ago, he'd be turning in his Jewish neighbors as a threat to the Vaterland.
    Nonsense, horse mierda.

The internment, by up your ultra liberal president, FDR, was justified to win a world war that we were not winning, for most of the war.

Are you still a racist, that’s unattractive.

20. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just for pEarl. Here, wanker, park one of your impotent groans on this.

21. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-02-2022), Whythink (07-02-2022)

23. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Then you shouldn't do it. Problem solved.
    I don’t but you abominations want it taught as “normal” to six year old girls and boys.

24. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,244 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

So since it's a personal account, it's fiction? Don't you wish.

Funny how you RWers weep and cry over the removal of Confederate statues and call it "erasing history," yet here you are -- defending the very same thing you think is cancel culture.
    No, it's historical fiction. It's based on her family's experiences but isn't a factual account but rather a version that makes for a better read. It's like a movie where they claim the movie is based on a true event and the movie is nothing like the actual event by sensationalized to make it more enjoyable to watch.