Thread: Is DeSantis a "baby killer"

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,617 Times in 11,612 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Ronnie is running for President, he wants it both ways, against abortion, but he’ll allow it, should be a tough one for MAGA, but they never let principles get in their way
    What you are saying is in your perfect world someone should either support unrestricted abortion up to birth or oppose abortion totally. Sorry I believe reasoned limits on abortion is better than no abortion at all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

anatta (07-02-2022)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    What you are saying is in your perfect world someone should either support unrestricted abortion up to birth or oppose abortion totally. Sorry I believe reasoned limits on abortion is better than no abortion at all.
    I can’t speak to the political realities of Florida but if they dictate compromise I don’t think that means one is necessarily sacrificing principle. Reagan was big on that, he’s rather get some of what he wants than none.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I can’t speak to the political realities of Florida but if they dictate compromise I don’t think that means one is necessarily sacrificing principle. Reagan was big on that, he’s rather get some of what he wants than none.
    I agree.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,197 Times in 13,943 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Isn’t that the view of the religious right, most of the right, all abortion is a crime, are you telling us now there are variables involved,some are wrong, others are justified?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

AProudLefty (07-02-2022)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No one can speak to the surrealism of Florida’s political realities, not even Floridians, especially Floridians, but the question remains, if one is adamantly against abortion on moral grounds, that it is murder, how does one rationalize it is allowed in some cases but not others?

It doesn’t compare to Reagan, Reagan, for the most part, was a pragmatist, spoke to the extremes, but in reality was practical enough to compromise, plus he had O’Neil to work along side, different GOP. Today’s right is supposedly principled, rather they say they are virtuous, and when bringing moralism to politics means you are right and the other side isn’t

And quite noticeable you have been mum about USC quite surprisingly abandoning the West Coast and conference and running off to the Big 10

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

he knows you can't handle this cold turkey......when you aren't looking they can cut it to ten.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

No one can speak to the surrealism of Florida’s political realities, not even Floridians, especially Floridians, but the question remains, if one is adamantly against abortion on moral grounds, that it is murder, how does one rationalize it is allowed in some cases but not others?

It doesn’t compare to Reagan, Reagan, for the most part, was a pragmatist, spoke to the extremes, but in reality was practical enough to compromise, plus he had O’Neil to work along side, different GOP. Today’s right is supposedly principled, rather they say they are virtuous, and when bringing moralism to politics means you are right and the other side isn’t

And quite noticeable you have been mum about USC quite surprisingly abandoning the West Coast and conference and running off to the Big 10
    You’re arguing for an all or nothing attitude. At times it’s appropriate and others incrementalism or pragmatism is called for.

I had not heard any rumors of the conference move but it’s not shocking. It was inevitable with the consolidation going on in college football. I’m bummed to be leaving the PAC 12 but the previous conference President sucked and really put the conference behind all the others. To compete nationally USC was going to have to do something

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You’re arguing for an all or nothing attitude. At times it’s appropriate and others incrementalism or pragmatism is called for.

I had not heard any rumors of the conference move but it’s not shocking. It was inevitable with the consolidation going on in college football. I’m bummed to be leaving the PAC 12 but the previous conference President sucked and really put the conference behind all the others. To compete nationally USC was going to have to do something
    Correct, and the majority of the right’s rhetoric on abortion as based upon moralism is all or nothing, would have to be, which raises the question of how they could be backing DeSantis without appearing contradictory

And, as I found out yesterday, it is a done deal, USC and UCLA are switching leagues, trading trips to Stanford for treks to New Jersey. So will USC still have any say over its football program?

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Isn’t that the view of the religious right, most of the right, all abortion is a crime, are you telling us now there are variables involved,some are wrong, others are justified?
    I firmly believe there are reason's when an abortion is acceptable. Just because a woman doesn't want to have a child isn't one of them. Put the baby up for adoption. A few of good reasons for an abortion but by no means all of them would be rape, Incest, mothers health, ect.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,884 Times in 21,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I support him-Floridians are so lucky to have him!!...
    He's not a baby murderer...what does "compromised with baby murder" even mean?
    He has supported and signed legislation that is Pro-Choice for the first trimester.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    No, he isn’t a baby killer but you are.

You support the murder of unborn children.
    Apparently so does DeSantis.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The American people will support a ban after 15 weeks. The will of the people, dummy.
    Ok… I’m good with that pro choice just beyond the first trimester, unless the health of the mother is threatened.

I call that Pro-Choice!

LOCK HIM UP!

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Apparently so does DeSantis.
    No, pay attention.

He is taking what he can get...for now.

You far left loons should know all about incrementalism, you use it on almost every issue.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ok… I’m good with that pro choice just beyond the first trimester, unless the health of the mother is threatened.

I call that Pro-Choice!
    Call it jelly beans but it places a limit on any abortion after 15 weeks.

You take what you can get...for now.

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,630 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

He has supported and signed legislation that is Pro-Choice for the first trimester.
    And? How does that make him a baby murderer? His decision improves the chance of an unborn child in Florida to survive, doesn't it? If a woman miscarries at 15 weeks, does she lose a child ?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)