Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 175

Thread: 25% Americans open to armed action against government

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    54,815
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default 25% Americans open to armed action against government

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-government

    Survey of 1,000 registered US voters also reveals that most Americans agree government is ‘corrupt and rigged’

    More than one quarter of US residents feel so estranged from their government that they feel it might “soon be necessary to take up arms” against it, a poll released on Thursday claimed.

    This survey of 1,000 registered US voters, published by the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics (IOP), also revealed that most Americans agree the government is “corrupt and rigged against everyday people like me”.

    The data suggests that extreme polarization in US politics – and its impact on Americans’ relationships with each other – remain strong. These statistics come as a congressional committee is holding public hearings on the January 6 insurrection.

    The survey indicates that distrust in government varies among party lines. While 56% of participants said they “generally trust elections to be conducted fairly and counted accurately”, Republicans, Democrats and independents were dramatically split on this point. Nearly 80% of Democrats voiced overall trust in elections, but that number dipped to 51% among independents and a mere 33% of Republicans.

    Per the poll, 49% of Americans concurred that they “more and more feel like a stranger in my own country”. Again, this number reflected sharp political divisions: the sentiment was held by 69% of self-described “strong Republicans”, 65% of self-described “very conservative” persons, and 38% of “strong Democrats”.

    Of the 28% of voters who felt it might soon be necessary “to take up arms against the government”, 37% had guns in their homes, according to the data.

    One-third of Republicans – including 45% of “strong Republicans – hold this belief about taking up arms. 35% of independent voters, and 20% of Democrats, also agreed, the poll said.
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    13,535
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 7,049 Times in 4,375 Posts
    Groans
    296
    Groaned 1,334 Times in 1,236 Posts

    Default

    I guess a lot of people had to settle for 60" TV screens instead of 70". It's just so brutal here.

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

    AProudLefty (07-01-2022), christiefan915 (07-01-2022), guno (07-01-2022), martin (07-04-2022), Mr.Mason (07-01-2022)

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    58,768
    Thanks
    4,696
    Thanked 9,182 Times in 7,244 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 417 Times in 394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-government

    Survey of 1,000 registered US voters also reveals that most Americans agree government is ‘corrupt and rigged’

    More than one quarter of US residents feel so estranged from their government that they feel it might “soon be necessary to take up arms” against it, a poll released on Thursday claimed.

    This survey of 1,000 registered US voters, published by the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics (IOP), also revealed that most Americans agree the government is “corrupt and rigged against everyday people like me”.

    The data suggests that extreme polarization in US politics – and its impact on Americans’ relationships with each other – remain strong. These statistics come as a congressional committee is holding public hearings on the January 6 insurrection.

    The survey indicates that distrust in government varies among party lines. While 56% of participants said they “generally trust elections to be conducted fairly and counted accurately”, Republicans, Democrats and independents were dramatically split on this point. Nearly 80% of Democrats voiced overall trust in elections, but that number dipped to 51% among independents and a mere 33% of Republicans.

    Per the poll, 49% of Americans concurred that they “more and more feel like a stranger in my own country”. Again, this number reflected sharp political divisions: the sentiment was held by 69% of self-described “strong Republicans”, 65% of self-described “very conservative” persons, and 38% of “strong Democrats”.

    Of the 28% of voters who felt it might soon be necessary “to take up arms against the government”, 37% had guns in their homes, according to the data.

    One-third of Republicans – including 45% of “strong Republicans – hold this belief about taking up arms. 35% of independent voters, and 20% of Democrats, also agreed, the poll said.
    considering all the good supreme court decisions that have come down recently, i don't advise fanning the flames of violence.

    good is winning on the merits of its own arguments.

    might makes right is a luciferian notion.

    i do support extreme noncompliance, however.

    that is enough to topple the regime.

    mass noncompliance with evil is the golden elixir.
    FASCISM: THE UNION OF STATE AND CORPORATE POWER

    Giving up on civil processes playS into the hands of the totalitarians.

    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to AssHatZombie For This Post:

    Sawyerloggingon (07-01-2022)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    58,768
    Thanks
    4,696
    Thanked 9,182 Times in 7,244 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 417 Times in 394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Getting preemptively violent is all the government needs to call us terrorists.

    do not fall into this trap.
    FASCISM: THE UNION OF STATE AND CORPORATE POWER

    Giving up on civil processes playS into the hands of the totalitarians.

    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to AssHatZombie For This Post:

    Stone (07-01-2022)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34,811
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17,128 Times in 10,834 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,759 Times in 2,573 Posts

    Default

    When the Freedom Doctrine was flushed in the 1980’s talk radio and cable infotainment has created a divided America including the loss of faith in American institutions

    And nobody is “taking up arms,” as bad as it seems, people have lives, and just living is enough of a task

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34,811
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17,128 Times in 10,834 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,759 Times in 2,573 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    considering all the good supreme court decisions that have come down recently, i don't advise fanning the flames of violence.

    good is winning on the merits of its own arguments.

    might makes right is a luciferian notion.

    i do support extreme noncompliance, however.

    that is enough to topple the regime.

    mass noncompliance with evil is the golden elixir.
    Don’t fool yourself, those “good Supreme Court decisions” didn’t come from “winning on the merits of …… arguments,” it came solely from Mitch playing the game, completely void of merits or principles

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

    christiefan915 (07-01-2022), guno (07-01-2022), Joe Capitalist (07-07-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

  11. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    31,746
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10,498 Times in 7,529 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,018 Times in 937 Posts

    Default

    Nearly 80% of Democrats voiced overall trust in elections, but that number dipped to 51% among independents and a mere 33% of Republicans.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-government

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    LurchAddams (07-03-2022)

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    58,768
    Thanks
    4,696
    Thanked 9,182 Times in 7,244 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 417 Times in 394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Don’t fool yourself, those “good Supreme Court decisions” didn’t come from “winning on the merits of …… arguments,” it came solely from Mitch playing the game, completely void of merits or principles
    no. they are decisions in concordance with the constitution.

    I know that's a foreign concept to you.

    you should make it a goal to rediscover your american civic understandings.
    FASCISM: THE UNION OF STATE AND CORPORATE POWER

    Giving up on civil processes playS into the hands of the totalitarians.

    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to AssHatZombie For This Post:

    Into the Night (07-01-2022)

  15. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    58,768
    Thanks
    4,696
    Thanked 9,182 Times in 7,244 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 417 Times in 394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Remember please, libertarians, the constitution is a GOVERNMENT document.
    Last edited by AssHatZombie; 07-01-2022 at 01:48 PM.
    FASCISM: THE UNION OF STATE AND CORPORATE POWER

    Giving up on civil processes playS into the hands of the totalitarians.

    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to AssHatZombie For This Post:

    Into the Night (07-01-2022)

  17. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    58,768
    Thanks
    4,696
    Thanked 9,182 Times in 7,244 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 417 Times in 394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    government can be ideal if we are steadfast against corruption and corporatism/fascism.
    FASCISM: THE UNION OF STATE AND CORPORATE POWER

    Giving up on civil processes playS into the hands of the totalitarians.

    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to AssHatZombie For This Post:

    Rune (07-01-2022)

  19. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    58,768
    Thanks
    4,696
    Thanked 9,182 Times in 7,244 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 417 Times in 394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    if you're not an idealist, why have ideas?
    FASCISM: THE UNION OF STATE AND CORPORATE POWER

    Giving up on civil processes playS into the hands of the totalitarians.

    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12,711
    Thanks
    2,892
    Thanked 7,333 Times in 4,825 Posts
    Groans
    422
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default


  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

    AProudLefty (07-01-2022), christiefan915 (07-01-2022), guno (07-01-2022), LurchAddams (07-03-2022), martin (07-04-2022)

  22. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    58,768
    Thanks
    4,696
    Thanked 9,182 Times in 7,244 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 417 Times in 394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Nearly 80% of Democrats voiced overall trust in elections, but that number dipped to 51% among independents and a mere 33% of Republicans.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-government
    mindless trust isn't a positive trait.

    just so you know.
    FASCISM: THE UNION OF STATE AND CORPORATE POWER

    Giving up on civil processes playS into the hands of the totalitarians.

    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --Asshatzombie

  23. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    54,815
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Nearly 80% of Democrats voiced overall trust in elections, but that number dipped to 51% among independents and a mere 33% of Republicans.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-government
    based on 2016 to 2020, that's a fucking lie
    In a combat situation it is about 16 times better to do something useful and violent right away than to wait and figure out something even more useful and violent later.
    “whenever you put your faith in big government for any reason, sooner or later you end up an apologist for mass murder.”

  24. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    60,538
    Thanks
    55,145
    Thanked 33,166 Times in 22,916 Posts
    Groans
    5,261
    Groaned 2,594 Times in 2,478 Posts

    Default

    25% of Americans are open to sedition.


    “What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 03-01-2018, 07:15 PM
  2. Muslim-Americans should be armed
    By FUCK THE POLICE in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 02-22-2016, 11:54 AM
  3. Armed Rebel Faction Occupies Government Building
    By FUCK THE POLICE in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-09-2016, 05:34 PM
  4. Government in action
    By Big Money in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 06:27 PM
  5. What action does the right want the Government to take?
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 05:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •