Thread: 25% Americans open to armed action against government

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so you consider the founding fathers morons.........got it
    The founding fathers supported armed action against a tyrannical government where they had zero representation.

I doubt that they would support the same against THIS government, the one they created, with all the checks & balances and the people's ability to literally replace everyone who serves in it every other year.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

hasn't been that for decades, moron.
    So you claiming we are Fascist now?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    The founding fathers supported armed action against a tyrannical government where they had zero representation.

I doubt that they would support the same against THIS government, the one they created, with all the checks & balances and the people's ability to literally replace everyone who serves in it every other year.
    the founding fathers would have executed all of you for supporting the very tyranny you claim to be against.............the simple fact is that YOU don't replace anyone, you keep voting in the same fucking tyrants every two years..........
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    So you claiming we are Fascist now?
    fascists, nazis, communists, whatever name you need. the simple fact that you think 'we are the government' shows how fucking stupid you are.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

what you find yourself unable to reconcile is that not everybody is a two dimensional individual like you idiots are. there are many of us 'independents' that you stupidly classify as rightwing/trumpists/fence sitters......WE will be the deciding factor in that. IF there should be a revolution and we win, yes.....there will be more freedom for those that wish more freedom. For those of you slaves that wish more government control, there will only be exile.
    Nah. You can't get most Americans to agree w/ you (if you could, the people you support would be winning elections) - so, any government that resulted would by its very nature be more geared toward the minority, and more oppressive for the masses.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,239 Times in 13,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

anyone who believes that only one side is corrupt and political is a moron of the highest caliber. In case you are too stupid to understand what I just said, YOU are a moron of the highest caliber.
    Yet you can’t invalidate anything I posted, says it all

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the founding fathers would have executed all of you for supporting the very tyranny you claim to be against.............the simple fact is that YOU don't replace anyone, you keep voting in the same fucking tyrants every two years..........
    So, you're faulting them & the way they set the country up. You disagree w/ the Constitution and how we elect our leaders.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nah. You can't get most Americans to agree w/ you (if you could, the people you support would be winning elections) - so, any government that resulted would by its very nature be more geared toward the minority, and more oppressive for the masses.
    because that's exactly what the founders did, as a minority, didn't they? moron.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Yet you can’t invalidate anything I posted, says it all
    I cannot make the blind see..........I've found that to be futile.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

fascists, nazis, communists, whatever name you need. the simple fact that you think 'we are the government' shows how fucking stupid you are.
    So you have a big mouth,but can't narrow down what kind of country we are.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, you're faulting them & the way they set the country up. You disagree w/ the Constitution and how we elect our leaders.
    if that's how you need to see it to feel better about your incompetence, so be it. you can die as easily as the rest

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    So you have a big mouth,but can't narrow down what kind of country we are.
    now you're just rambling

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

if that's how you need to see it to feel better about your incompetence, so be it. you can die as easily as the rest
    What exactly is my "incompetence?" Thinking the founders set things up well, and believing in the Constitution?

Sorry - you're the tyranny in waiting. You're the one who wants to tear down what they created.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Serious question: does anyone think that an armed insurrection (that was successful) would lead to MORE freedom for the people?

I can't help but think about 1/6. If that crew actually took over our government - we would most certainly not be more free. At least many Americans would not be.

We live with more liberty than most humans in the history of the earth. I'm still mystified how people think this is anything close to tyranny. And if they do, they can change things peacefully - they just need to win w/ their ideas, build voting coalitions, and change our leaders on election days, which happen quite frequently.

I guess that's probably too much effort.
    The law would mean nothing anymore.

Everything would be decided by force.

That's all the right understands.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What exactly is my "incompetence?" Thinking the founders set things up well, and believing in the Constitution?

Sorry - you're the tyranny in waiting. You're the one who wants to tear down what they created.
    the founders did set things up well and believed in the Constitution. what they also knew is that people could be dumb or naive and believe that political parties were best for freedom, they are not. what you see as 'tearing down' what they created is actually restoring what they created..........but you're too stupid to see that because you're a democrat disciple.