Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Niche Political Commentor, Superfreak, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, saltydancin, serenity, Yakuda and ParachuteAdams

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ukrainians don't surrender as easily as Republicans

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    And I suggest you save your normal 'Russia is pure scum/Ukraine is pure gold' reply.
    I will just ignore it.

The world is gray.

Good day.
    No nation is pure and saintly.

You would be extremely hard pressed to make the case I have ever blindly caricatured the nation of Russia as pure evil.

Russia's contributions to humanity artistically, spiritually, philosophically, morally are deep and estimable. That's what I think, and I have the posts to prove it.

The calculus in the current situation is easy for me. I have always opposed unprovoked military aggression and war crimes. Whether it is Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, Serbian ethnic cleansing in the Balkans, or Putin's bloodthirsty War of aggression in Ukraine.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,079 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    First I am an American citizen.

Second, even the fact of being Russian does not make one a supporter of totalitarianism. Alexei Navalny, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, Andrei Sakarov were better advocates for freedom, human rights and morality than anyone in the history of JPP has ever been.
    I see. I view nationality as where you live and vote---and ethnicity, or blood, defining what you really are.
    But I also understand why others wouldn't think that way.

Original ethnicity only lasts for two or three America born generations at most.

After that, most people become mixed breed mongrels and they begin the transition to a new American ethnicity.

America is only a quarter-millennium old and thus hasn't completely developed a real ethnicity yet.

Nations that are a thousand years old have undergone this phenomenon for so long that they now have established ethnicities of their own.

I am only a second generation born American, and in many ways, that makes me mostly an Italian living in America, even though I was born here and am an American national and citizen. I'm still an ethnic or blood Italian.

Although I believe in equal opportunity for all and equal status under the law for all, my social circle is still Italian-American; other ethnicities have attributes that can annoy me. (Rap music and ebonics make me almost homicidal, but I loved black music from previous generations. Charlie Parker and Duke Ellington didn't speak like illiterates.)

It's much broader, social life, for our third generation born kids who are now middle aged. But they chose not to have
    kids. It bothers the Gestapo a bit but brings relief to me. My line ends Italian, which if nothing else, is what I'm comfortable with.

Nevertheless, however, I am a loyal American national and answered a draft to military service call in the prime of my youth, even though I had the political means to get out of it.
    I can imagine how many American Loving Trumpanzees, the ALT right, who have confederate flags flying in their yards have actually served. The orangutan, who's my age, certainly didn't.

I care enough about America to save the part that can be saved. That's the Blue States. Partition is our only chance.
    California on its own would be one of the world's biggest economies. What it's doing still in the US is beyond me.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Putin would have never attacked Ukraine if Trump was president. Putin took the Crimea during the Obama /BIDEN administration while BIDEN was in charge of Ukraine for the US. Then Putin did nothing during the Trump administration. Then because Putin thought Biden was a weak leader Putin tries to take all of Ukraine. To make things worse Biden's stupid energy policies has helped to more than doubled the price of oil and that is financing the Ukraine war for Russia.
    First rule of Master Sun Tzu's art of war:

See if you can win without even fighting, before commiting to battlefield combat.

Putin was watching Trump do his work for him. Trump was routinely insulting NATO allies and weakening the alliance. Trumpf's own National Security advisor says Putin was expecting Trump to try to pull us out of NATO in his second term.

Trump called Putin a genius for invading Ukraine.

4. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

ExpressLane (07-02-2022)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

1.65 million Ukranian soldiers and 5.2 million Ukranian civilians died rather than submit to Nazi Germany.

If Nazi Germany had managed to kill seven million Americans, isolationists in Congress would have demanded FDR offer Hitler generous terms for a ceasefire.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...nion-countries
    If not for Russia the US would have lost WW2. You're just another tub-thumping ingrate.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post

America is only a quarter-millennium old and thus hasn't completely developed a real ethnicity yet.

America is racist and can never develop an ' American ethnicity ' from its immigrants. Real American ethnicity existed before Columbus pulled his knickerbockers on.

Maria Ressa.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    If not for Russia the US would have lost WW2. You're just another tub-thumping ingrate.
    Wrong on two counts.

1) The Soviet Union, not Russia, played an outsized role in defeating Nazi Germany. The Soviet Armed forces were comprised of Russians, Ukranians, Belorussians, Kazakhs, Georgians, Armenians, Tajiks, Uzbeks, and the various and sundry other republics.

2) There is nobody on this board who has posted more on the outsized, pivotal role the citizens of the USSR played in the demise of Nazi Germany, than me

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wrong on two counts.
    USSR/Russia- interchangeable in this context, you posturing twat.

2) There is nobody on this board who has posted more on the outsized, pivotal role the citizens of the USSR played in the demise of Nazi Germany, than me
    What was it that turned you into a tub-thumping ingrate ?

Maria Ressa.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I see. I view nationality as where you live and vote---and ethnicity, or blood, defining what you really are.
    But I also understand why others wouldn't think that way.

Original ethnicity only lasts for two or three America born generations at most.

After that, most people become mixed breed mongrels and they begin the transition to a new American ethnicity.

Nations that are a thousand years old have undergone this phenomenon for so long that they now have established ethnicities of their own.

I am only a second generation born American, and in many ways, that makes me mostly an Italian living in America, even though I was born here and am an American national and citizen. I'm still an ethnic or blood Italian.

Although I believe in equal opportunity for all and equal status under the law for all, my social circle is still Italian-American; other ethnicities have attributes that can annoy me. (Rap music and ebonics make me almost homicidal, but I loved black music from previous generations. Charlie Parker and Duke Ellington didn't speak like illiterates.)

It's much broader, social life, for our third generation born kids who are now middle aged. But they chose not to have
    kids. It bothers the Gestapo a bit but brings relief to me. My line ends Italian, which if nothing else, is what I'm comfortable with.

Nevertheless, however, I am a loyal American national and answered a draft to military service call in the prime of my youth, even though I had the political means to get out of it.
    I can imagine how many American Loving Trumpanzees, the ALT right, who have confederate flags flying in their yards have actually served. The orangutan, who's my age, certainly didn't.

I care enough about America to save the part that can be saved. That's the Blue States. Partition is our only chance.
    California on its own would be one of the world's biggest economies. What it's doing still in the US is beyond me.
    My father, who was first generation right-off-the-boat, always told me that new immigrants were the backbone of America, and typically the most patriotic citizens. Because they could appreciate America in a way native born citizens couldn't.

To him there was absolutely no conflict between being aware and pround of your ancestry, and being a rock solid American citizen.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

USSR/Russia- interchangeable in this context, you posturing twat.

What was it that turned you into a tub-thumping ingrate ?
    No, it's not interchangeable. Soviet does not mean Russian. The Soviet Union was comprised of 15 republics. It is an insult to many Belarusians and Ukrainians to say Russians were responsible for winning WW2.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

America is racist and can never develop an ' American ethnicity ' from its immigrants. Real American ethnicity existed before Columbus pulled his knickerbockers on.
    The race of indigenous Americans doesn't dominate the continent anymore and thus can't be considered the modern American race.
    America is indeed racist because it's only had a quarter-millennium of multi-ethnic diversity as a nation. That's not nearly enough time to develop a new ethnicity.

The racism would gradually--perhaps too slowly--diminish, but what really tears America apart--what time cannot solve--is our extreme IDEOLOGICAL diversity.
    We're a radically polarized nation and thus an experiment that will never succeed because of ideological diversity. That's why we must partition.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My father, who was first generation right-off-the-boat, always told me that new immigrants were the backbone of America, and typically the most patriotic citizens. Because they could appreciate America in a way native born citizens couldn't.

To him there was absolutely no conflict between being aware and pround of your ancestry, and being a rock solid American citizen.
    Off the boat isn't first generation. First generation is first generation born here. Just a minor point.

People expatriate from worse conditions to come here. So here looks good for now.
    People from much better conditions--which is most of post WWII Western Europe--wouldn't like it here unless they were very wealthy.
    America is a fairly decent place for the top 1/100th of one percent, but the rest of us are just extras from central casting. We're socially regressive, plain and simple.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    You couldn't have possibly been more wrong when this conflict started. Is this some sort of attempt at a mulligan?
    Wrong.

I assumed - as did many, MANY others - that Putin could not possibly be stupid enough to start an all out war with Ukraine.
    And I was dead wrong on that.

But I also said that if Putin thought that Ukraine would be a pushover - he was wrong.

So clearly, you point is erroneous as I certainly could 'possibly' have been more wrong.

Now, do you have anything to add besides strawman arguments?
    And flawed ones at that.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

To him there was absolutely no conflict between being aware and proud of your ancestry, and being a rock solid American citizen.
    What a load of shit.

Your father did not know 99% of those people.

So for him to make vast generalizations about people he never even met is beyond stupid and/or arrogant.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No nation is pure and saintly.

You would be extremely hard pressed to make the case I have ever blindly caricatured the nation of Russia as pure evil.

Russia's contributions to humanity artistically, spiritually, philosophically, morally are deep and estimable. That's what I think, and I have the posts to prove it.

The calculus in the current situation is easy for me. I have always opposed unprovoked military aggression and war crimes. Whether it is Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, Serbian ethnic cleansing in the Balkans, or Putin's bloodthirsty War of aggression in Ukraine.
    So, did you oppose Kiev's, unproved attacks of the Donbass region - starting in 2014? And the thousands of lives they took?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Donbas

Did you oppose America's unprovoked invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Do you oppose Saudi Arabia's bombing of civilians (supported by the US and GB) of innocent Yemeni's?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_...ntion_in_Yemen

Do you oppose Turkey's unprovoked invasion of Syria?

Do you oppose Israel's unprovoked refusal to led the Palestinian's go? And thus force them to live in perpetual poverty and misery?

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,266 Times in 7,148 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Putin would have never attacked Ukraine if Trump was president. Putin took the Crimea during the Obama /BIDEN administration while BIDEN was in charge of Ukraine for the US. Then Putin did nothing during the Trump administration. Then because Putin thought Biden was a weak leader Putin tries to take all of Ukraine. To make things worse Biden's stupid energy policies has helped to more than doubled the price of oil and that is financing the Ukraine war for Russia.
    Let me just make some shit up here- since you are!

If Trump was president- TRUMP would have invaded the Ukraine for his little Pootie Pie!

Fuck Off you Trump Ass kissing son-of-a-bitch!

17. The Following User Groans At Geeko Sportivo For This Awful Post:

ExpressLane (07-02-2022)