Thread: Donald Trump Stalwarts Finally Turn On Him After Hutchinson's Testimony

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,845 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Donald Trump Stalwarts Finally Turn On Him After Hutchinson's Testimony

There are signs that Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony to the January 6 panel on Tuesday has prompted a number of supporters of Donald Trump and conservative media outlets to stop defending the former president's actions.

Mick Mulvaney, Trump's former Acting Chief of Staff, explicitly stated that he can no longer support Trump in the wake of Hutchinson's testimony.

"I've been defending the president against the charges of incitement to riot. I've seen the same speech he's given dozens of times. I've seen him accused of trying to foment violence with no violence coming as a result, so I've been defending him," Mulvaney told CBS Mornings on Wednesday.

Sarah Matthews, a deputy press secretary in the Trump administration, tweeted that those who are attempting to downplay Hutchinson's role or her access in the West Wing "either doesn't understand how the Trump WH worked or is attempting to discredit her because they're scared of how damning this testimony is."

Even the Rupert Murdoch press, which includes some of the staunchest supporters of Trump, appeared to acknowledge the damage Hutchinson's testimony inflicted.

The Washington Examiner, another right-wing news outlet, published an editorial arguing that Hutchinson's testimony shows that Trump is "unfit to be anywhere near power ever again."

"Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again," the piece added.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...1d3b16d5320c9e
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,727 Times in 4,160 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's the thing:

If this were a truly inclusive hearing, the MAGA folk would have harped on the fact that a large part of her testimony was hearsay .... what she was told by a second party.

I hope that there is enough corroborating testimony from people who were there (1st person) for this.

That being said, I was enlightened that Dump was kept from joining the mob of yahoos by the Secret Service (doing their job) and NOT because he wimped out and went to the safety of the White House by choice.

Shows just how FUBB this guy really is.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    There are signs that Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony to the January 6 panel on Tuesday has prompted a number of supporters of Donald Trump and conservative media outlets to stop defending the former president's actions.

Mick Mulvaney, Trump's former Acting Chief of Staff, explicitly stated that he can no longer support Trump in the wake of Hutchinson's testimony.

"I've been defending the president against the charges of incitement to riot. I've seen the same speech he's given dozens of times. I've seen him accused of trying to foment violence with no violence coming as a result, so I've been defending him," Mulvaney told CBS Mornings on Wednesday.

Sarah Matthews, a deputy press secretary in the Trump administration, tweeted that those who are attempting to downplay Hutchinson's role or her access in the West Wing "either doesn't understand how the Trump WH worked or is attempting to discredit her because they're scared of how damning this testimony is."

Even the Rupert Murdoch press, which includes some of the staunchest supporters of Trump, appeared to acknowledge the damage Hutchinson's testimony inflicted.

The Washington Examiner, another right-wing news outlet, published an editorial arguing that Hutchinson's testimony shows that Trump is "unfit to be anywhere near power ever again."

"Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again," the piece added.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...1d3b16d5320c9e
    which one was the "stalwart"......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”