Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Conservative...or Liberal?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Conservatives use the word "woke" because "empathetic" is more than 2 syllables.
    Conservatives didn’t even come up with the term.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Consider me to be insane.
    What makes you think I don't?
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    What makes you think I don't?
    Right back at ya, sir.

And I don’t view many liberals in that way but since our former President some of you surely seem to fit the bill.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Frank Apisa (07-01-2022)

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

I think most here think I'm a liberal. Which is kind of fun.

(I'm not)

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,067 Times in 3,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Conservatives didn’t even com up with the term.
    They co-opted it because they don't understand the meaning of "woke" and "empathetic" is more than 2 syllables.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Right back at ya, sir.

And I don’t view many liberals in that way but since our former President some of you surely seem to fit the bill.
    The former president surely has driven lots of people nuts. In my case, it was more of a chip shot than a drive, but...

There was a time, way back, when I remember conservatives and liberals would kid with each other about their differences. Doesn't seem to work that way anymore.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

leaningright (07-01-2022)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The former president surely has driven lots of people nuts. In my case, it was more of a chip shot than a drive, but...

There was a time, way back, when I remember conservatives and liberals would kid with each other about their differences. Doesn't seem to work that way anymore.
    Sadly, I too remember such a time.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Consider me to be insane.
    I haven’t read the thread but in a certain way I almost feel like these terms are antiquated. Traditionally saying one was either conservative or liberal implied a certain set of beliefs, and in a way it still does. But the meaning of these terms have changed somewhat and people’s views have changed they don’t carry the same weight

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Doc Dutch (07-01-2022), Frank Apisa (07-01-2022), leaningright (07-01-2022)

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I haven’t read the thread but in a certain way I almost feel like these terms are antiquated. Traditionally saying one was either conservative or liberal implied a certain set of beliefs, and in a way it still does. But the meaning of these terms have changed somewhat and people’s views have changed they don’t carry the same weight
    I know. If you say you’re conservative nowadays you’re automatically aligned with our former President in many people’s minds. If you call yourself a liberal … well, to most of my friends and acquaintances that’d be like saying you were insane … so I’m not surprised at the statement on this thread about conservatives. As you said, the labels don’t carry the same weight.

Had the conversation as I went fishing with a conservative friend of mine the day before yesterday that I’m not going to be the one who parts ways with liberal friends and family. Had the same conversation with a liberal friend yesterday as we golfed 18 with my son in tow. I want my boy to understand that while I have convictions I can still respect and get along with others who may have different ones. But That doesn’t mean that I’m not praying that my kid retains the conservative values he was raised with.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,061 Times in 7,495 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

Here's the thing. Rev. You don't view your conservative views as being blatantly immoral. You don't view your view on abortion to be criminally misogynist.
    But more importantly, I'm not sure if you realize that REAL urban liberals like myself do view it exactly that way.

Can you be friends with people whom you consider to be blatantly immoral.? I just don't have the stomach for it in my old age.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I think most here think I'm a liberal. Which is kind of fun.

(I'm not)
    lol.....sure, chuckles........you just think you aren't.........that Biden taint is all over you.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,421 Times in 52,445 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Agreed the terms have changed. All they mean now are major parties seeking an all-powerful Federalist government and running up the national debt while lining their own pockets. Both parties seek to take away American rights. That's wrong in my book.

I supported the Republican Party all the way until they became overtly racist after 2012. They'd been increasingly Federalist since Bush II.

Unlike the douchebags who want to overthrow the system, causing a collapse, I support more reasonable Americans coming together by dropping the wedge issues they've been handed.

Depriving Americans of their rights simply because a Federal government wants to do so is W-R-O-N-G.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,421 Times in 52,445 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I know. If you say you’re conservative nowadays you’re automatically aligned with our former President in many people’s minds. If you call yourself a liberal … well, to most of my friends and acquaintances that’d be like saying you were insane … so I’m not surprised at the statement on this thread about conservatives. As you said, the labels don’t carry the same weight.

Had the conversation as I went fishing with a conservative friend of mine the day before yesterday that I’m not going to be the one who parts ways with liberal friends and family. Had the same conversation with a liberal friend yesterday as we golfed 18 with my son in tow. I want my boy to understand that while I have convictions I can still respect and get along with others who may have different ones. But That doesn’t meant that I’m not praying that my kid retains the conservative values he was raised with.
    On JPP, that's correct about 9 times out of 10...and I'm being generous.

It's not what you are labeled but who's doing the attacking and why. Personally, I consider myself to be right on target when the wackadoodles from both extremes attack me. Often in the same day. LOL

Back in my day, what happened in people's bedrooms was their business. Now, both parties seek to break all rules of privacy. A man's home is no longer his castle as the saying promised. We've enabled too many all-powerful entities to control our lives because we let a relative few loudmouthed busybodies do our talking for us.

Both parties are neck-and-neck. The Senate could go either way, the House will probably flip Republican but not by much. The rich get richer and America's parents watch their kid's futures shrink as both parties refuse to get the national debt under control.

Why? Because taxes are too low for the rich and both parties support their largest campaign donors with favorable legislation.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. #74 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,609 Times in 17,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I don't follow the commands of liars and anti-American Trumpian cocksuckers.

How can she be asked if she doesn't exist?
    Face it, pussy, you're a lying harassing coward. You live here day in and day out. you have no life except this forum. you're a loser and a wimp. Fuck off and die in pain.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

18. #75 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,609 Times in 17,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

If she is your wife or girl friend, congratulations. You have a chance of eventually recovering your sanity.

NEVER! I shall remain sane.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.