Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 142

Thread: Are You Conservative...or Liberal?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    27,171
    Thanks
    15,589
    Thanked 13,523 Times in 9,324 Posts
    Groans
    193
    Groaned 473 Times in 464 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Are You Conservative...or Liberal?

    Think on this ��

    A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be very liberal, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.
    She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.
    One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs.
    The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.
    He responded by asking how she was doing in school.
    Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.
    Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"
    She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over."
    Her father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."
    The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"
    The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the conservative side of the fence."

    If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
    If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
    If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
    If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
    If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
    If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
    If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
    If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
    A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."
    Well, I forwarded it to you. Your call.
    author unknown

    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..


    De Oppresso Liber

  2. The Following User Groans At Grokmaster For This Awful Post:

    LurchAddams (07-01-2022)

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

    Celticguy (07-01-2022), Eagle_Eye (07-01-2022), Life is Golden (07-01-2022), Ultra MAGA (07-01-2022)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    22,883
    Thanks
    23,431
    Thanked 8,889 Times in 6,370 Posts
    Groans
    14
    Groaned 2,150 Times in 2,035 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Think on this ��

    A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be very liberal, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.
    She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.
    One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs.
    The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.
    He responded by asking how she was doing in school.
    Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.
    Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"
    She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over."
    Her father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."
    The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"
    The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the conservative side of the fence."

    If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
    If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
    If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
    If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
    If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
    If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
    If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
    If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
    A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."
    Well, I forwarded it to you. Your call.
    author unknown

    Are you all there?????????
    The Big Steal = The Big Lie.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

    evince (07-01-2022)

  6. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    42,505
    Thanks
    2,155
    Thanked 10,251 Times in 8,381 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 646 Times in 620 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I am a lefty, a liberal, and Progressive (non-Utopian). My main enemy is the illiberal Regressive WOKE who are destroying the West in the face of The New Chinese Empires global romp.
    These super ignorant by choice fucks have no interest in what has been learned about humans through the ages, on the theory that it is all irrelevant.....They are going to make a new human.....one fit for UTOPIA......by brute force.

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    71,085
    Thanks
    27,004
    Thanked 16,425 Times in 13,184 Posts
    Groans
    920
    Groaned 1,943 Times in 1,873 Posts

    Default

    So go live off grid.
    Black Cat Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    No. Disney does not account for that much of the tourism here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The right of citizens to have arms is essential to a community being able to form a militia.


    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Elon knows pissing off half of your customers is a bad business model.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

    Dutch Uncle (07-01-2022)

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    20,834
    Thanks
    4,069
    Thanked 6,119 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Groans
    750
    Groaned 264 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am a lefty, a liberal, and Progressive (non-Utopian). My main enemy is the illiberal Regressive WOKE who are destroying the West in the face of The New Chinese Empires global romp.
    You're a CCP agent. Go back to Beijing bitch.
    Why Trump? Because Fuck You that's why.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guille For This Post:

    Grokmaster (07-02-2022)

  11. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Posts
    35,641
    Thanks
    6,106
    Thanked 18,633 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    131
    Groaned 400 Times in 384 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    So go live off grid.
    I could if I needed to. Could you?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    Grokmaster (07-02-2022)

  13. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    71,085
    Thanks
    27,004
    Thanked 16,425 Times in 13,184 Posts
    Groans
    920
    Groaned 1,943 Times in 1,873 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I could if I needed to. Could you?
    Yep. Not that hard.
    Black Cat Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    No. Disney does not account for that much of the tourism here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The right of citizens to have arms is essential to a community being able to form a militia.


    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Elon knows pissing off half of your customers is a bad business model.

  14. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Posts
    35,641
    Thanks
    6,106
    Thanked 18,633 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    131
    Groaned 400 Times in 384 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    I thunk.

    I'm a Nazi, that's why I'm a Trump fan. But does that make me a Conservative or a Liberal?
    Typical liberal response.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    Grokmaster (07-02-2022)

  16. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Posts
    35,641
    Thanks
    6,106
    Thanked 18,633 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    131
    Groaned 400 Times in 384 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Yep. Not that hard.
    Sure you could...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    Grokmaster (07-02-2022)

  18. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    8,336
    Thanks
    4,583
    Thanked 2,276 Times in 1,844 Posts
    Groans
    2,999
    Groaned 317 Times in 305 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Think on this[

    A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be very liberal, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.
    She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.
    One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs.
    The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.
    He responded by asking how she was doing in school.
    Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.
    Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"
    She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over."
    Her father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."
    The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"
    The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the conservative side of the fence."

    If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
    If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
    If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
    If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
    If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
    If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
    If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
    If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
    A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."
    Well, I forwarded it to you. Your call.
    author unknown

    You're nothing but an angry, evil troll having rage-fests 24/7 you manic, racist, stinky, ignorant, nutjob.

    ================================================== =

    Trumptards who claim Joe and Hunter did Illegal Stuff but won't show proof and are too cowardly to admit it:

    ExpressLane
    TA Gardner
    Matt Dillon

    Trumptards who claim "the election was fraudulent" but won't show proof:

    Into the Night
    Text Drivers
    PostModernProphet

  19. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    71,085
    Thanks
    27,004
    Thanked 16,425 Times in 13,184 Posts
    Groans
    920
    Groaned 1,943 Times in 1,873 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Sure you could...
    Already did many times. Also I subscribed to Survival Lily Youtube's account.
    Black Cat Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    No. Disney does not account for that much of the tourism here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The right of citizens to have arms is essential to a community being able to form a militia.


    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Elon knows pissing off half of your customers is a bad business model.

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,343
    Thanks
    2,579
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 2,406 Posts
    Groans
    83
    Groaned 91 Times in 87 Posts

    Default

    I’m a liberal conservative…

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    71,085
    Thanks
    27,004
    Thanked 16,425 Times in 13,184 Posts
    Groans
    920
    Groaned 1,943 Times in 1,873 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I’m a liberal conservative…
    What does that even mean? Is that another way of saying you're an independent or a moderate?
    Black Cat Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    No. Disney does not account for that much of the tourism here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The right of citizens to have arms is essential to a community being able to form a militia.


    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Elon knows pissing off half of your customers is a bad business model.

  22. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Posts
    35,641
    Thanks
    6,106
    Thanked 18,633 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    131
    Groaned 400 Times in 384 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Already did many times. Also I subscribed to Survival Lily Youtube's account.
    Going on welfare doesn't count.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    Grokmaster (07-02-2022)

  24. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    71,085
    Thanks
    27,004
    Thanked 16,425 Times in 13,184 Posts
    Groans
    920
    Groaned 1,943 Times in 1,873 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Going on welfare doesn't count.
    Living off the grid is living on the welfare?

    Wow.
    Black Cat Lives Matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    No. Disney does not account for that much of the tourism here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The right of citizens to have arms is essential to a community being able to form a militia.


    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Elon knows pissing off half of your customers is a bad business model.

Similar Threads

  1. A Conservative and Liberal views
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2017, 10:34 AM
  2. Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs
    By Granule in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-13-2016, 03:33 PM
  3. APP - Conservative and Liberal
    By midcan5 in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
  4. Liberal vs Conservative
    By Connecticut Stud in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 07:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •