Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AOC calls Supreme Court EPA ruling on power plant emissions 'catastrophic'

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Hey, you guys won. I'll concede. The environment will suck, women's rights will be back in the dark ages, LGBTQ will have to keep hiding, no one will believe election results anymore or concede elections.
    Yay you. America is going to be such an awesome place now.

Hyperbole much? How "awesome" is an America with runaway inflation, gas nobody can afford, homes nobody can afford, rents nobody can afford, a shitty public school system that puts indoctrination ahead of education, a political class bent on taking away every right you have? That's what the fucking Leftists are doing right now to America.
    Sorry if reality annoys you. What's pathetic is how you right wing wonks/flunkies fall back on the SOS excuses, dodges and misdirection attempts when faced with the consequences of your actions.

Like this stupid parroting that inflation ONLY happens on a Dem President's watch, and that the effects of all laws and policies passed by a previous administration magically disappear at the end of a term. Yep, there was NEVER a lobby greasing palms regarding oil prices, rents (Boehner wasn't handing out checks on the Congressional floor...nope, never happened).

Indoctrination in schools? Wasn't it jokers like you carrying on about prayer in school somehow magically making our youth better people and such drivel? That we're a "christian nation"? And guess what toodles, YOU and your ilk just endorsed a state/federal "right" to take away a woman's choice to continue a pregnancy. Please explain how that is NOT a contradiction to your absurd screed?

You need to get your head out of the sand and realize that the people who are making your life miserable are the ones YOU keep voting back into office. Yeah, the guys who lied us into a war and then voted to cheap on veterans benefits, the guys who make it legal for corporations (who are now "people") to outsource your job and make YOU pick up the revenue tax slack, the guys who protect Big Pharma to poison you and only pay a limited penalty, as they charge outrageous prices for their life saving drugs, THOSE ARE THE GUYS YOU VOTED FOR EVERY BLESSED TIME!

So STFU and deal with reality just once, would ya please?
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-30-2022)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Progressive New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said that the Supreme Court's decision on the Clean Air Act is "catastrophic."
    In a Thursday morning tweet, the Democratic firebrand and climate justice advocate swiped at the Supreme Court.

"Catastrophic. A filibuster carveout is not enough," Ocasio-Cortez wrote. "We need to reform or do away with the whole thing, for the sake of the planet."

In a 6-3 decision authored by Chief Justice John Roberts, the Supreme Court ruled that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lacked broad statutory authority to curb greenhouse gas emissions from power plants.

At issue in West Virginia v. EPA was whether, under the Clean Air Act, Congress constitutionally authorized the EPA to implement regulations on states to reduce carbon dioxide pollution by moving away from coal-fired power plants to other forms of energy.

"Capping carbon dioxide emissions at a level that will force a nationwide transition away from the use of coal to generate electricity may be a sensible 'solution to the crisis of the day.' But it is not plausible that Congress gave EPA the authority to adopt on its own such a regulatory scheme in Section 111(d). A decision of such magnitude and consequence rests with Congress itself, or an agency acting pursuant to a clear delegation from that representative body."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc...s-catastrophic

======================================

So the libs lose another one.
    You expected anything different???!?
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    And?

It is. The libs weren't the only ones who lost. Homo sapiens in general didn't win this one.

Corporate polluters getting free reign from the courts seems like a weird thing to gloat about.
    Define 'corporate polluter'. Define 'pollution'. Your mindless chanting is annoying.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote from my congressman on this most recent ruling:

My statement on the Supreme Court's West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency ruling ⬇️⬇️⬇️

The Supreme Court has mostly continued its path of returning rightful power back to the states. Obama’s Clean Power Plan was nothing but an abuse of federal power to strongarm the EPA and force the shutdown of fossil fuel-powered electricity production. Our producers even proved this burdensome regulation unnecessary when they met the Clean Power Plan standards without the subjugation of a big brother government. Oklahoma energy should have its own authority to make decisions based on what is best for Oklahoma. Unlike the EPA, we in real America know this is not one-size-fits-all. And now, Oklahoma can continue to lead the way in all-of-the-above electricity production while exploring new, innovative ways to improve grid reliability. Federalism prevails.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Conservatives will end up on the wrong side of history when it comes to our environment.
    Yeah? Conservatives like me that make instrumentation for corporations to use to make their industrial processes more efficient so they reduce waste?? Conservatives like engineers that created the EGR system in cars, a very cheap device that eliminates almost all the smog? Conservatives like chip manufacturers that have made processor chips so inexpensive that all cars today are FADEC design, making more efficient use of gasoline? Conservatives like foresters like Weyerhauser that plant trees to farm them? Conservatives like me that created a method for a wastewater treatment plant to achieve tertiary treatment with the use of expensive sand beds, discharging POTABLE water from the plant?

You're an ingrate, dude.
    But liberals really aren't that much better. I totally wish it was a non-partisan issue. I'd think it would be something that we could all find common ground on.
    You produce nothing. You whine. You put oppression and regulations in the way of business.
    But it's totally political now.
    It always was.
    And it's kind of too late.
    What what?
    What's gonna happen is gonna happen at this point.
    It took you this long to figure this out???????!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    And it won't be that pretty.
    I am looking out my window right now at the green trees, the lake in the distance reflecting the clear blue sky, the snow covered mountains in the distance and comfortable evening temperatures in the low 70's. Personally, I think it's beautiful.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Quote from my congressman on this most recent ruling:

My statement on the Supreme Court's West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency ruling ⬇️⬇️⬇️

The Supreme Court has mostly continued its path of returning rightful power back to the states. Obama’s Clean Power Plan was nothing but an abuse of federal power to strongarm the EPA and force the shutdown of fossil fuel-powered electricity production. Our producers even proved this burdensome regulation unnecessary when they met the Clean Power Plan standards without the subjugation of a big brother government. Oklahoma energy should have its own authority to make decisions based on what is best for Oklahoma. Unlike the EPA, we in real America know this is not one-size-fits-all. And now, Oklahoma can continue to lead the way in all-of-the-above electricity production while exploring new, innovative ways to improve grid reliability. Federalism prevails.
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OK | April 20, 2021

This year’s “State of the Air” report from the American Lung Association finds that Oklahoma’s rankings were mixed for the most harmful and widespread types of air pollution: particle pollution and ozone. Tulsa saw improvements across all metrics, while Oklahoma City saw higher levels of particle pollution See the full report at Lung.org/sota.

https://www.lung.org/media/press-rel...0even%20lethal.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-30-2022)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

And?

It is. The libs weren't the only ones who lost. Homo sapiens in general didn't win this one.

Corporate polluters getting free reign from the courts seems like a weird thing to gloat about.
    how so.....the legislature is free to act should it choose to.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”