Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Beto: 13% Of Mail-In Ballots Were Rejected

Beto:

Draconian voting suppression laws in Texas:

13% of mail-in ballots were rejected.

Previous years it was 1%.

2:56 time stamp

If Republicans have such a winning message, why do they have to cheat?
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 06-25-2022 at 02:34 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-27-2022), evince (06-26-2022), Guno צְבִי (06-25-2022), LurchAddams (06-26-2022), Phantasmal (06-27-2022), signalmankenneth (06-26-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

pretty solid evidence that fraud ramped up dramatically
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-26-2022), LurchAddams (06-26-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

I was months ago reading that nationally the rate mail in ballots were rejected was much lower than the historical normal rate, which almost certainly was driven by election officials desiring fraud.

We need to nail this down.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-26-2022)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans were so quick to claim the election was rigged.

They should know.

They were the ones who rigged it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (06-26-2022), LurchAddams (06-26-2022)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Beto:

Draconian voting suppression laws in Texas:

13% of mail-in ballots were rejected.

Previous years it was 1%.

2:56 time stamp

If Republicans have such a winning message, why do they have to cheat?
    What can he do about it?
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    It's like Texas is it's own banana republic. Complete with bunches of white supremacist bananas.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

evince (06-26-2022)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,443 Times in 52,460 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Wrong again but I can see why you want to disenfranchise voters. Like the Catholic church, you seek to oppress.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/04...ection-voting/
    More than 12% of mail-in ballots were rejected in Texas under new GOP voting rules, final tally shows
    Figures released by the Texas secretary of state show that more than 24,000 Texas voters had their ballots rejected in the March primary. The rejection rate is a significant increase over previous elections.

Of 24,636 rejected mail-in ballots, 14,281 belonged to voters attempting to participate in the Democratic primary, and 10,355 belonged to voters in the Republican primary. But the rejection rate by party was fairly aligned; 12.9% of Democratic ballots were rejected and 11.8% of Republican ballots were rejected.

Put another way, 1 in every 8 mail-in voters lost their votes in their primary. The rate amounts to a significant surge in rejections compared with previous years, including the higher-turnout 2020 presidential election, when less than 1% of ballots were tossed....

...Data previously collected by The Texas Tribune found rejection rates ranging from 6% to nearly 22% in 16 of the state’s 20 counties with the most registered voters, which overall rejected 18,742 mail-in ballots. In most cases, county officials said, ballots were rejected for failing to meet new, stricter ID requirements enacted by the Republican-controlled Legislature last year that require voters to provide their driver’s license number or a partial Social Security number to vote by mail.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

evince (06-26-2022), PoliTalker (06-26-2022)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Doesn't it always seem like whenever Republicans make some claim about wrongdoing it is actually the exact wrong thing that they themselves are guilty of?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (06-26-2022)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    What can he do about it?
    RUN on it! That's the job.

Get elected despite the Republican election-rigging.

If he loses, let investigative journalists discover the truth about how he may have won if the election wasn't rigged.

Use the campaign as a mouthpiece to continue to spread the truth.

It is really a battle of the truth vs the propaganda, a battle for the hearts and minds of the public.

The only way Republicans can continue to hold control of Texas is by maintaining the lie about elections.

The truth is their enemy. The truth is the greatest tool the Democrats have.

All that has to be done is to get enough people to understand the truth, and that will swing Texas blue.

And if Texas goes blue, the nation will too.

In Texas, the Truth Is Blue.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (06-26-2022), LurchAddams (06-26-2022)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Wrong again but I can see why you want to disenfranchise voters. Like the Catholic church, you seek to oppress.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/04...ection-voting/
    More than 12% of mail-in ballots were rejected in Texas under new GOP voting rules, final tally shows
    Figures released by the Texas secretary of state show that more than 24,000 Texas voters had their ballots rejected in the March primary. The rejection rate is a significant increase over previous elections.

Of 24,636 rejected mail-in ballots, 14,281 belonged to voters attempting to participate in the Democratic primary, and 10,355 belonged to voters in the Republican primary. But the rejection rate by party was fairly aligned; 12.9% of Democratic ballots were rejected and 11.8% of Republican ballots were rejected.

Put another way, 1 in every 8 mail-in voters lost their votes in their primary. The rate amounts to a significant surge in rejections compared with previous years, including the higher-turnout 2020 presidential election, when less than 1% of ballots were tossed....

...Data previously collected by The Texas Tribune found rejection rates ranging from 6% to nearly 22% in 16 of the state’s 20 counties with the most registered voters, which overall rejected 18,742 mail-in ballots. In most cases, county officials said, ballots were rejected for failing to meet new, stricter ID requirements enacted by the Republican-controlled Legislature last year that require voters to provide their driver’s license number or a partial Social Security number to vote by mail.
    There ya go.

More Democratic ballots were rejected than Republican.

Clear and documented Republican election-rigging.

The SCOTUS messed up when they reversed the VRA.

That was the dumbest argument, to claim that "elections are fairer now so we can go ahead and drop all this federal oversight."

Obviously, as soon as they did that, Republican states rushed to create new obstacles to voting that are designed to favor Republicans.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (06-26-2022), evince (06-26-2022)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The truth must be told.

Beto is the best person to do it.

Sure, he may not get elected, and if that happens, then he can go right back to continued campaigning and truth-telling.

Run for another office.

Tell the truth far and wide because it needs to be told.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (06-26-2022)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

There ya go.

That was the dumbest argument, to claim that "elections are fairer now so we can go ahead and drop all this federal oversight."

Obviously, as soon as they did that, Republican states rushed to create new obstacles to voting that are designed to favor Republicans.
    Not quote true...even if that is, indeed, their intent: "the rejection rate by party was fairly aligned; 12.9% of Democratic ballots were rejected and 11.8% of Republican ballots were rejected."

Also, I think this could backfire on the Oppressors due to restrictions on older Texans who vote conservatively by mail: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...aw-mail-ballot

there are reasons for Republicans to be concerned too. Mail-in voting was already restricted primarily to people over age 65, people with disabilities, and college students. That means that the population of people who vote by mail in Texas has historically skewed older, whiter, more rural, and more conservative, and the new voting law isn’t likely to change that. Some smaller counties were not yet accounted for in the AP data.

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The truth must be told.

Beto is the best person to do it.

Sure, he may not get elected, and if that happens, then he can go right back to continued campaigning and truth-telling.

Run for another office.

Tell the truth far and wide because it needs to be told.
    I doubt Beto will win. He's too much of LW looney. He's a good rally point for the Democrats, but pinning hopes on him before 2024 won't gain them much because of his baggage.

A better move is to make him head of the Texas Democratic party and find a more rational candidate to support.

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Not quote true...even if that is, indeed, their intent: "the rejection rate by party was fairly aligned; 12.9% of Democratic ballots were rejected and 11.8% of Republican ballots were rejected."

Also, I think this could backfire on the Oppressors due to restrictions on older Texans who vote conservatively by mail: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...aw-mail-ballot

there are reasons for Republicans to be concerned too. Mail-in voting was already restricted primarily to people over age 65, people with disabilities, and college students. That means that the population of people who vote by mail in Texas has historically skewed older, whiter, more rural, and more conservative, and the new voting law isn’t likely to change that. Some smaller counties were not yet accounted for in the AP data.
    The math says it is absolutely true.

12.9% of Dem ballots rejected.

11.8% of Republican ballots rejected.

There ya go.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (06-26-2022)

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The federal government needs to be regulating how Texas makes voting laws.

The Texas government is irresponsible to democracy.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (06-26-2022)