Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump, Secret Service agent confirmed main elements of bombshell Jan. 6 fight over dr

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you really don't understand this situation at all, do you.....hearsay simply isn't acceptable evidence.......especially when the guy she claims she heard is denying it......I will agree that a giant can of worms has exploded....but I think you're a bit confused about who is covered in worm guts right now.....
    "Ms. Hutchinson testified under oath in front of millions of people, All we've heard is some anonymously sourced reports that someone disagrees with that. We encourage anybody who's got any evidence that's relevant to our investigation to come forward and testify under oath." The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol, said they found former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson to be a "100% credible witness," and encouraged anyone who disagrees with her to also testify under oath.

Where are the trumpers? How come every one of trumps shitheads are either refusing to testify or pleading the 5th? And hearsay is acceptable evidence unless Tony Ornato testifies that he told her no such thing.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 416 Times in 383 Posts

“We are now hearing from the former president on various posts where he questions her accuracy,” “He goes after her directly. He says he doesn’t know who she is and said he didn’t lunge at the Secret Service agent in The Beast. That didn’t happen, he says. He didn’t throw his lunch against the wall, that didn’t happen, and that she’s lying.” “Cassidy Hutchison is under oath on Capitol Hill. The president is on Truth Social making his statements.” -Bret Baier on FOX news

Mick Mulvaney, Trump’s former budget chief and acting chief of staff, wrote in a USA Today op-ed on Wednesday that Hutchinson “briefly worked” for him at the White House and he finds her testimony “eminently credible.” While he has long felt the ex-president’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election were “wrong but legal,” Mulvaney wrote, the revelations from Tuesday’s hearing have forced him to reconsider. -a previously right wing trump supporter

The editorial board of conservative Beltway paper The Washington Examiner went even further, declaring that Hutchinson’s testimony “ought to ring the death knell” for Trump’s political career. “Trump is unfit to be anywhere near power ever again,” the board wrote.
    Noting that “Hutchinson was a conservative Trumpist true believer and a tremendously credible one at that,” the Examiner stated that what she revealed was “disturbing,” “distressing,” and “believable.” “Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.”
    -A right wing newspaper.

Even the right wingers who adamantly supported Trump are coming to their senses.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

Althea (06-30-2022), ThatOwlWoman (06-30-2022)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Port Tack;5181155]"Ms. Hutchinson testified under oath in front of millions of people, All we've heard is some anonymously sourced reports that someone disagrees with that. We encourage anybody who's got any evidence that's relevant to our investigation to come forward and testify under oath." The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol, said they found former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson to be a "100% credible witness," and encouraged anyone who disagrees with her to also testify under oath.

I look forward to the committee calling the two agents in to testify in public hearings......do you think they will?.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I wish they let him go. Openly attacking the Capitol would get Trump arrested and prosecuted immediately. We'd have him in prison by now.
    I know, right? But their job, which they performed well, is to protect the president, not give in to his whims and crazy shit and put him in danger.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Althea (06-30-2022)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Have you heard weather Ornato will testify? I have not heard that. I doubt he will now. He's have to contradict himself. He won't be able to duck a DOJ subpoena if that happens, however.
    The next couple of days will be interesting. If he does testify, he'll have to concur that trump was a screeching little girl in the Beast. Whether or not he grabbed anyone is inconsequential. In the moment, he made the claim that trump had.

I'm sure his handler in Mar A Lago already contacted him in order to change the story.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (06-30-2022), ThatOwlWoman (06-30-2022)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    “We are now hearing from the former president on various posts where he questions her accuracy,” “He goes after her directly. He says he doesn’t know who she is and said he didn’t lunge at the Secret Service agent in The Beast. That didn’t happen, he says. He didn’t throw his lunch against the wall, that didn’t happen, and that she’s lying.” “Cassidy Hutchison is under oath on Capitol Hill. The president is on Truth Social making his statements.” -Bret Baier on FOX news

Mick Mulvaney, Trump’s former budget chief and acting chief of staff, wrote in a USA Today op-ed on Wednesday that Hutchinson “briefly worked” for him at the White House and he finds her testimony “eminently credible.” While he has long felt the ex-president’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election were “wrong but legal,” Mulvaney wrote, the revelations from Tuesday’s hearing have forced him to reconsider. -a previously right wing trump supporter

The editorial board of conservative Beltway paper The Washington Examiner went even further, declaring that Hutchinson’s testimony “ought to ring the death knell” for Trump’s political career. “Trump is unfit to be anywhere near power ever again,” the board wrote.
    Noting that “Hutchinson was a conservative Trumpist true believer and a tremendously credible one at that,” the Examiner stated that what she revealed was “disturbing,” “distressing,” and “believable.” “Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.”
    -A right wing newspaper.

Even the right wingers who adamantly supported Trump are coming to their senses.
    That might have worked when trump was in office. There is a valet who can corroborate the story.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

-A right wing newspaper.

That's incredible. The Washington Examiner is often quoted here by various Trumpanzees. Think it will influence them at all?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Port Tack,

-A right wing newspaper.

Everyone can see that one side of this story is sworn testimony. The other is a social media post.

Sworn testimony, under threat of perjury, carries far more weight than a social media post.

If Trump wants to come swear under oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and give his side of the story, he would be more than welcomed to do so. He could even send Rudy to do the same. Again, the Select Committee would most certainly be glad to give either of them the opportunity to do that.

So what is preventing that?

The swearing to tell the truth thing?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.