Members banned from this thread: evince, Truth Detector and BidenPresident

Thread: R Kelly Gets 30 Years

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default R Kelly Gets 30 Years

Another of those people that can you still listen to/enjoy his music knowing what he's done?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Another of those people that can you still listen to/enjoy his music knowing what he's done?
    That’s a good question. Since I’m not a big R Kelly fan I feel like it’s easy for me to say that I wouldn’t support him anymore. It does make me feel hypocritical since I’m a big hip hop fan and while a lot of the artists I love are some scumbags, I always wrote it off as being part of “the game”, where R Kelly’s crimes were more sinister exploiting minors.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirt McGirt For This Post:

cawacko (06-29-2022)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    That’s a good question. Since I’m not a big R Kelly fan I feel like it’s easy for me to say that I wouldn’t support him anymore. It does make me feel hypocritical since I’m a big hip hop fan and while a lot of the artists I love are some scumbags, I always wrote it off as being part of “the game”, where R Kelly’s crimes were more sinister exploiting minors.
    Michael Jackson pops to mind here. I grew up on the Cosby Show and still show my young daughter a couple of great episodes involving Olivia.

I’m a hip hop guy as well. We all know what Dr Dre has done in the past with women yet there he was headlining the Super Bowl.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

This is true. I think that Michael Jackson was obviously mentally ill and it made all the crazy allegations against him seem lesser for some reason than R Kelly and Cosby. I think Cosby was just more of a shock to everyone. But I agree I still will listen to MJ and Cosby is hilarious.

Side note, I love the Chappelle show skit where he’s in jury selection for the Michael Jackson, R Kelly and OJ trials. “He made Thriller, Thriller.”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirt McGirt For This Post:

cawacko (06-29-2022)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,110 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

I care about the art, not about the glitches of the artists, I never avoid art because the artist is not liked or has done bad things. However, in these regressive times the art of artists who are not Kosher tends to be taken away from me, which is way wrong.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    This is true. I think that Michael Jackson was obviously mentally ill and it made all the crazy allegations against him seem lesser for some reason than R Kelly and Cosby. I think Cosby was just more of a shock to everyone. But I agree I still will listen to MJ and Cosby is hilarious.

Side note, I love the Chappelle show skit where he’s in jury selection for the Michael Jackson, R Kelly and OJ trials. “He made Thriller, Thriller.”
    The Chappell Show skits were classic.

Growing up in Oakland I remember black friends/classmates loving the Cosby Show for the obvious cultural reasons. Cosby’s personal behavior can never take away from that. It’s unfortunate though future generations aren’t getting to watch it (or at the least the fact that they basically aren’t showing it anymore)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

The Chappell Show skits were classic.

Growing up in Oakland I remember black friends/classmates loving the Cosby Show for the obvious cultural reasons. Cosby’s personal behavior can never take away from that. It’s unfortunate though future generations aren’t getting to watch it (or at the least the fact that they basically aren’t showing it anymore)
    NPC is a beloved internet personality. Their pronouns are he/him. NPC fully recognizes the inherent privilege of being able to post on a message board, and as such NPC makes sure to avoid all social media where the trust and safety council flags something as dangerous to think about. He avoids all tweets that are disputed, and only supports mainstream news sources where former CIA, NSA and FBI serve as talking heads.The future is female, orange man bad, black lives matter, and wear a damn mask!

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,458 Times in 52,470 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Some pedos produce good things. Look at these two:

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"