Thread: WHOOPS SHE LIED

1. #421 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Rubbish, even ketchup on the wall was hearsay. While she may have seen ketchup, the story of how it got there was hearsay. Pretty much every part of her story was, "they told me this"... total crap. Not even evidence. Their "blockbuster witness" was just weak stories being retold after they were heard. Just gossip.

I'm not even a supporter and I can tell what is gossip when I hear it.
    Yes, you are a supporter. That's exactly what you're doing right now. Supporting a traitor.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

BartenderElite (06-30-2022)

3. #422 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Again - I'm not really sure how you can say that. The only 2nd hand account was the steering wheel. Everything else, she was present for.

So, obviously, Trump's supporters are focused on the steering wheel account. But I have no idea what you're talking about w/ the rest. You're trying to marginalize and discredit valuable testimony from someone who was right there for what was happening.
    I can say it, because I watched it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #423 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

I watched it. Deliberate ignorance is not from my side of things, folks saying she was a witness should rewatch and actually listen.. She did not say, "And then I saw him lunge for the steering wheel" she said, "And they told me he lunged"... She didn't say, "I saw him throw the lunch" nope, she said, "Then the valet told me that"...

Every story... This woman was not a "witness" she was a gossip.
    You're lying about her testimony. "Every story" was not 2nd hand. Most were 1st hand. She was a witness.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-30-2022)

6. #424 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I watched it. Deliberate ignorance is not from my side of things, folks saying she was a witness should rewatch and actually listen.. She did not say, "And then I saw him lunge for the steering wheel" she said, "And they told me he lunged"... She didn't say, "I saw him throw the lunch" nope, she said, "Then the valet told me that"...

Every story... This woman was not a "witness" she was a gossip.
    Obviously you didn't. Almost all of her testimony was direct testimony of her conversations with Meadows. Gossip? Do you know where her office is? Do you know what her job was? Good grief. You are sticking your head in the sand.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

8. #425 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Obviously you didn't. Almost all of her testimony was direct testimony of her conversations with Meadows. Gossip? Do you know where her office is? Do you know what her job was? Good grief. You are sticking your head in the sand.
    I don't bother with right wingers anymore. They know they are lying.

9. #426 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, you are a supporter. That's exactly what you're doing right now. Supporting a traitor.
    That's total crap... LOL.

Analogous conversation:

Concart: I see that 7 plus 7 is 15...
    Damocles: No, it is 14.
    Concart: I can't see how you can say that!
    Damocles: I watched the teacher.
    Concart: You support the math publications!
    Damocles: what? You are an idiot.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #427 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,234 Times in 10,704 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't need to "discredit" anyone. I am telling you that her testimony was hearsay. Portions of which were literally discredited by more credible sources. (Like the stupid "lunging for the steering wheel" nonsense).

The reality is, this gossip was not a "blockbuster witness", they were literally repeating what they heard from "Then the valet told me" to "And I heard that he lunged" from beginning to end every story had a portion where she literally said, "they told me <enter nonsense here>"... her "testimony" was the literal definition of hearsay.
    What is even more puzzling is the fact she had already testified behind closed doors and then after changing lawyers they trotted her out for a public hearing. You are correct it was all hearsay and let's see if the Muppet lady will now ask the two Secret Service agents to corroborate her hearsay. My guess is, we will never hear a word from them.

11. #428 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

You're lying about her testimony. "Every story" was not 2nd hand. Most were 1st hand. She was a witness.
    now you are lying. she was not a party to the dinner being thrown against the wall either

"The valet had articulated that the president was extremely angry at the attorney general's AP interview and had thrown his lunch against the wall."

12. #429 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's total crap... LOL.

Analogous conversation:

Concart: I see that 7 plus 7 is 15...
    Damocles: No, it is 14.
    Concart: I can't see how you can say that!
    Damocles: I watched the teacher.
    Concart: You support the math publications!
    Damocles: what? You are an idiot.
    No, you are providing cover for a guy who sent a mob of armed people to storm the capitol. That's what I call support. Hutchinson was one of a handful of the highest ranking people in the White House. You act like she's some AA who is relating office gossip. She IS the gossip. Her account of her conversations with Ciippilone are direct testimony. Her conversations with Meadows are direct testimony. Those conversations are absolutely devastating. And you dismiss it as gossip, which is incredibly dishonest. You sir, are a liar.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

14. #430 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    now you are lying. she was not a party to the dinner being thrown against the wall either

"The valet had articulated that the president was extremely angry at the attorney general's AP interview and had thrown his lunch against the wall."
    I said "most" were 1st hand. They were.

Where did I lie?

15. #431 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, you are providing cover for a guy who sent a mob of armed people to storm the capitol. That's what I call support. Hutchinson was one of a handful of the highest ranking people in the White House. You act like she's some AA who is relating office gossip. She IS the gossip. Her account of her conversations with Ciippilone are direct testimony. Her conversations with Meadows are direct testimony. Those conversations are absolutely devastating. And you dismiss it as gossip, which is incredibly dishonest. You sir, are a liar.
    Nobody is providing cover. Pointing out an error in another person's work is not supporting a different person. This is simple truth. You don't like it, and we can tell you don't, but you don't get your own reality. I can both point out that this woman's testimony was hearsay and not support Trump at the same time.

Personally I hope that you all throw enough nonsense and flak at the wall that some of it sticks and Trump doesn't run because of it. All while I still I know that this is hearsay.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

16. #432 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

I said "most" were 1st hand. They were.

Where did I lie?
    she really only had 4 points to make. 2 of them were her sharing what others told her. So most is a lie

17. #433 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nobody is providing cover. Pointing out an error in another person's work is not supporting a different person. This is simple truth. You don't like it, and we can tell you don't, but you don't get your own reality. I can both point out that this woman's testimony was hearsay and not support Trump at the same time.

Personally I hope that you all throw enough nonsense and flak at the wall that some of it sticks and Trump doesn't run because of it. All while I still I know that this is hearsay.
    Except you are lying. Not all, or even most of her testimony was hearsay.

Were her conversations with Cippilone hearsay?
    Were her conversations with Meadows hearsay?

Answer honestly. I doubt you will.

18. #434 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's so sad to characterize that testimony as "gossip."

Just being dismissive for the sake of being dismissive. And it is protecting Trump - as is all of the character assassination against this person, who did a brave thing that I'm sure she wasn't thrilled about doing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-30-2022)

20. #435 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Except you are lying. Not all, or even most of her testimony was hearsay.

Were her conversations with Cippilone hearsay?
    Were her conversations with Meadows hearsay?

Answer honestly. I doubt you will.
    Repeating conversations is the literal definition of hearsay. If any portion of the story has, "And then they said" it is hearsay. Quite literally. Not figuratively.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

21. The Following User Groans At Damocles For This Awful Post:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (07-06-2022)