Thread: WHOOPS SHE LIED

1. #406 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    I'm waiting for the FBI to swoop in and put her in handcuffs and leg irons.
    At five in the AM...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (06-30-2022), ExpressLane (06-30-2022)

3. #407 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is why hearsay "evidence" like this isn't admissible evidence in any court. Her "testimony" was nothing more than a string of "and he told me that <insert something CNN will say is awful after hyperbole fills in details that do not exist here>". There was more evidence of Clinton's perjury than there is of Trump knowingly planning the guy in the horn hat to "insurrection" after taking selfies at Pelosi's desk.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-30-2022), Grokmaster (06-30-2022), PostmodernProphet (07-06-2022)

5. #408 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    This is why hearsay "evidence" like this isn't admissible evidence in any court. Her "testimony" was nothing more than a string of "and he told me that <insert something CNN will say is awful after hyperbole fills in details that do not exist here>". There was more evidence of Clinton's perjury than there is of Trump knowingly planning the guy in the horn hat to "insurrection" after taking selfies at Pelosi's desk.
    Precisely.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

6. #409 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,071 Times in 6,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

LOL

You can't possibly think that.

7. #410 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    LOL

You can't possibly think that.
    I can't possibly think that hearsay evidence (literally saying, "and then he told me" makes it very clearly hearsay) is BS and not admissible in courts of law?

Yeah, I can. And I think that because it is true.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-30-2022)

9. #411 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I can't possibly think that hearsay evidence (literally saying, "and then he told me" makes it very clearly hearsay) is BS and not admissible in courts of law?

Yeah, I can. And I think that because it is true.
    The only 2nd hand account was the steering wheel thing - which was the least damning part of her testimony. Everyone knows Trump has a temper.

It's shameful how people so quickly trash witnesses and individuals like this. She just wanted to build a career behind the scenes in Washington. The idea that she'd put herself through this to tell a bunch of lies or something is just right-wing fantasy.

10. #412 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The only 2nd hand account was the steering wheel thing - which was the least damning part of her testimony. Everyone knows Trump has a temper.

It's shameful how people so quickly trash witnesses and individuals like this. She just wanted to build a career behind the scenes in Washington. The idea that she'd put herself through this to tell a bunch of lies or something is just right-wing fantasy.
    Rubbish, even ketchup on the wall was hearsay. While she may have seen ketchup, the story of how it got there was hearsay. Pretty much every part of her story was, "they told me this"... total crap. Not even evidence. Their "blockbuster witness" was just weak stories being retold after they were heard. Just gossip.

I'm not even a supporter and I can tell what is gossip when I hear it.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-30-2022)

12. #413 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Rubbish, even ketchup on the wall was hearsay. While she may have seen ketchup, the story of how it got there was hearsay. Pretty much every part of her story was, "they told me this"... total crap. Not even evidence. Their "blockbuster witness" was just weak stories being retold after they were heard. Just gossip.
    That sounds like spin from Fox. It certainly isn't reality.

13. #414 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That sounds like spin from Fox. It certainly isn't reality.
    It was what she frickin' said "and then he told me that the President got so mad that"... This has nothing to do with Fox or spin, it is simple reality. Their "blockbuster witness" was nothing better than a neighborhood gossip repeating what she heard from others.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. The Following User Groans At Damocles For This Awful Post:

BartenderElite (06-30-2022)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-30-2022), PostmodernProphet (07-06-2022)

16. #415 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It was what she frickin' said "and then he told me that the President got so mad that"... This has nothing to do with Fox or spin, it is simple reality. Their "blockbuster witness" was nothing better than a neighborhood gossip repeating what she heard from others.
    How many people - conservatives - need to be discredited and accused of lying to protect one guy?

It's a lengthy list at this point. I always marvel at how willing people are to trash everyone to protect this guy.

17. The Following User Groans At BartenderElite For This Awful Post:

ExpressLane (06-30-2022)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-30-2022)

19. #416 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

what is shameful is I have to keep arguing legal things with people that prove to be utterly clueless. this was a nothing burger - here is a summary of her testimony

1 Rally attendees had guns and Trump was not concerned he would be harmed

2 Lawyers had legal concerns with Trump going

3 Trump grabbed the wheel (which appears to not of actually happened)

4 Trump threw his lunch at the wall (what is the charge here - vandalism?)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-30-2022)

21. #417 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How many people - conservatives - need to be discredited and accused of lying to protect one guy?

It's a lengthy list at this point. I always marvel at how willing people are to trash everyone to protect this guy.
    I don't need to "discredit" anyone. I am telling you that her testimony was hearsay. Portions of which were literally discredited by more credible sources. (Like the stupid "lunging for the steering wheel" nonsense).

The reality is, this gossip was not a "blockbuster witness", they were literally repeating what they heard from "Then the valet told me" to "And I heard that he lunged" from beginning to end every story had a portion where she literally said, "they told me <enter nonsense here>"... her "testimony" was the literal definition of hearsay.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-30-2022)

23. #418 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

No it wasn't. Watch it. Almost everything was a first hand account of either what she saw or what she heard. You are being willfully ignorant. As for claiming that more credible people have disputed the account in the limo, they are NOT disputing that she was told that account. Credible? Please. She is the most credible witness the committee has had, because she has absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by lying to the committee. Once again, you are being willfully ignorant because you don't like what she said.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

BartenderElite (06-30-2022), christiefan915 (06-30-2022)

25. #419 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't need to "discredit" anyone. I am telling you that her testimony was hearsay. Portions of which were literally discredited by more credible sources. (Like the stupid "lunging for the steering wheel" nonsense).

The reality is, this gossip was not a "blockbuster witness", they were literally repeating what they heard from "Then the valet told me" to "And I heard that he lunged" from beginning to end every story had a portion where she literally said, "they told me <enter nonsense here>"...
    Again - I'm not really sure how you can say that. The only 2nd hand account was the steering wheel. Everything else, she was present for.

So, obviously, Trump's supporters are focused on the steering wheel account. But I have no idea what you're talking about w/ the rest. You're trying to marginalize and discredit valuable testimony from someone who was right there for what was happening.

26. The Following User Groans At BartenderElite For This Awful Post:

ExpressLane (06-30-2022)

27. #420 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    No it wasn't. Watch it. Almost everything was a first hand account of either what she saw or what she heard. You are being willfully ignorant.
    I watched it. Deliberate ignorance is not from my side of things, folks saying she was a witness should rewatch and actually listen.. She did not say, "And then I saw him lunge for the steering wheel" she said, "And they told me he lunged"... She didn't say, "I saw him throw the lunch" nope, she said, "Then the valet told me that"...

Every story... This woman was not a "witness" she was a gossip.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

ExpressLane (06-30-2022), PostmodernProphet (07-06-2022)