Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: How long can Trump supporters say, "Nothing to see here..."

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    Trump is not in office. he lost. why can't we move on?
    I don't know - why can't you?

He's the presumptive nominee for the GOP in '24.

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    CNN is incredibly biased - but I'd never claim they were "reality" either.

Fox makes no bones about it. They're pure right-wing propaganda. Which is fine. Journalism is something we can all wax nostalgic about.

Regardless, this ain't no nothing burger. Trump & his allies actively sought to overturn legitimate election results. If the Dems did what they tried to do - sending fake electors, calling election officials to "find" votes, pressuring a VP to act unconstitutionally - Fox & the right would be losing their minds.
    CNN is incredibly biased - but I'd never claim they were "reality" either
    Exactly, but don’t get biased commentary from talking heads confused with hard news. I’ll watch hard or live news (that is, news without commentary) on any outlet that’s handy. But I prefer my commentary to be from a conservative perspective.

Fox makes no bones about it. They're pure right-wing propaganda. Which is fine. Journalism is something we can all wax nostalgic about.
    Once again, most (not all) of the COMMENTATORS on Fox are right wing or libertarian. In the context of this particular political situation, if people like you are going to continue claiming to be impartial and objective, you are going to have to get out of your comfort zone and listen to a little right winger COMMENTARY. It is literally the equivalent of the GOP being able to call and cross examine witnesses and present evidence in that committee, which is totally fucked up.

Regardless, this ain't no nothing burger. Trump & his allies actively sought to overturn legitimate election results. If the Dems did what they tried to do - sending fake electors, calling election officials to "find" votes, pressuring a VP to act unconstitutionally - Fox & the right would be losing their minds.
    And how do you know all that crap is true? Not to mention, is it illegal? Hell, even if he did get into it with the secret service over going to the capitol, it’s not illegal for a president to have a tantrum. They’re famous for it going back to George Washington. And you might be forgetting that you guys have tried making it a crime to not do anything about the riot. Seems to me if the guy wanted to go to the capitol, he wanted to do something about the damn thing.

Something else you might not know. Mark Meadows has written letters to most of the boneheads on that committee. It tells them to save all their texts, emails, other correspondence, and “evidence” they’ve accumulated. Sounds like there might be a new investigation after the mid-terms. I hope it’s different, and at the same time I hope it’s an exact mirror image of this one. Then you might understand.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Earl (07-01-2022)

4. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Exactly, but don’t get biased commentary from talking heads confused with hard news. I’ll watch hard or live news (that is, news without commentary) on any outlet that’s handy. But I prefer my commentary to be from a conservative perspective.

Once again, most (not all) of the COMMENTATORS on Fox are right wing or libertarian. In the context of this particular political situation, if people like you are going to continue claiming to be impartial and objective, you are going to have to get out of your comfort zone and listen to a little right winger COMMENTARY. It is literally the equivalent of the GOP being able to call and cross examine witnesses and present evidence in that committee, which is totally fucked up.

And how do you know all that crap is true? Not to mention, is it illegal? Hell, even if he did get into it with the secret service over going to the capitol, it’s not illegal for a president to have a tantrum. They’re famous for it going back to George Washington. And you might be forgetting that you guys have tried making it a crime to not do anything about the riot. Seems to me if the guy wanted to go to the capitol, he wanted to do something about the damn thing.

Something else you might not know. Mark Meadows has written letters to most of the boneheads on that committee. It tells them to save all their texts, emails, other correspondence, and “evidence” they’ve accumulated. Sounds like there might be a new investigation after the mid-terms. I hope it’s different, and at the same time I hope it’s an exact mirror image of this one. Then you might understand.
    I don't necessarily disagree w/ most of that. This is a pretty fair take on things.

I do watch some Fox; I try to mix it up. The night shows are mostly commentary on most of the networks. Truthfully, they all annoy me a bit. I don't feel like any of them are being a "watchdog," which is one of the great values of the media. They're mostly propagandists now.

I don't care about the steering wheel. Trump has a temper. Clinton had a temper. Biden even has a temper. Lots of leaders do. I care more about Trump trying to talk election officials into "finding votes" and stuff like that. If there is another investigation that conservatives would be more open to considering, I wouldn't oppose that.

5. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

How long can Trump supporters say, "Nothing to see here..."

That depends. How much time do you have?
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Earl (07-01-2022)

7. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,670 Times in 17,928 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Nothing to see here. Just a bunch of dog and pony show bullshit again. Yet one more reason the left will be slaughtered in November. Suckers and losers...
    Indeed.

Nothing to see here.

The Secrat Service guy and the driver will not be allowed to testify because they would expose perjury by the star Democrat witness.

But...” Mark Meadows has written letters to most of the boneheads on that committee. It tells them to save all their texts, emails, other correspondence, and “evidence” they’ve accumulated. Sounds like there might be a new investigation after the mid-terms.”
    Last edited by Earl; 07-01-2022 at 03:26 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Stone (07-01-2022)

9. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I mean, this is a fascinating study in psychology.

They still haven't really learned the expectations game. When you spend weeks declaring that the 1/6 hearings are a nothing burger...and then you have a day like today?
    These brain dead yahoo's know good and damn well, that crazy mf, ie Trump is a power hungry deranged lunatic....but as long as he hates on blacks, gays, latino's and bunnies. these racist mf's could give a damn about this man and dangerous he was as president. Bottom line, they don't care, they're dug in and can't wait for this nation to become the shit ho, Trump is trying to create.

10. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

What Trump did on 1/6 and what he's doing now, is nothing but treason and why the DOJ continues to look the other way, waiting on the election in the NOV so the GOP can shut it down, amounts to treason also.

11. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

There is no such thing as evil. It's a word for bad.

Hatred is wrecking our country.

Nope

Lies are killing our country

The lies of evil people

12. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Nope

Lies are killing our country

The lies of evil people
    Evil is a construct.

The Conned are not evil for falling prey to a master con man.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (07-02-2022)