Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More than 1 million voters switch registration to GOP as suburbs break from Biden

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    For those who don’t like Fox News here’s a PBS article about it. Sounds like a few of these voters were Democrats registering as Republicans to vote in the primary but most were people actually switching parties. From a Republican perspective it’s definitely good news. Of course these same folks could switch again in the future so doesn’t mean it’s permanent.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/pol...-for-democrats

what is the actual effect of changing registration apart from deciding which primary you vote in ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    what is the actual effect of changing registration apart from deciding which primary you vote in ?
    To my knowledge, nothing. I guess the theory is one is more likely to vote for the party they are registered for but in reality people can vote for whomever they want (in the general) and how they are registered is irrelevant

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    To my knowledge, nothing. I guess the theory is one is more likely to vote for the party they are registered for but in reality people can vote for whomever they want (in the general) and how they are registered is irrelevant
    we dont have registration in VA but on primary day you can only get one ballot. the D or the R.
    we started jamming the primary voting here decades ago to do our little part in nominating the worst candidate. seldom works but its worth a shot.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.