Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Since Roe is gone I'm sure

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Rape is a criminal act, as I'm sure you're aware. The issues of rape are really separate from abortion as a result. Sure, pregnancy can occur from a rape, and does, but that's a tiny fraction of the total abortions performed in the US. It can also be made an exception.

What we shouldn't be doing is making small exceptions the general case and rule for laws.
    I've never condoned abortions for reasons of Birth Conttrol.

It surprised me to see that over 1,000,000 abortions are reported every year- AND THOSE ARE JUST THE ONES THAT ARE REPORTED TO THE CDC.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that there may be over 2 million abortions carried out in the US every year.

But, I also realize that abortions should be a women's or family's choice- or based on a doctors professional decision- NOT A DECISION TO BE MADE BY STATE LEGISLATORS FOR POLITICAL POWER GRABS, one-up·man·ships, OR FOR RELIGIOUS REASONS.

The consequences, as a direct result of banning abortions, will have a gravely enormous negative impact on our society overall.

The main two reasons are- many women will die as a result of carrying their babies to term- And as many as 2 million unwanted babies being born every year will end up being orphaned and a huge financial burden on local and state governments to feed them, raise them, and keep a roof over their heads until grown!

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 06-27-2022 at 03:08 PM.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,297 Times in 13,423 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

It surprised me to see that over 1,000,000 abortions are reported every year- AND THOSE ARE JUST THE ONES THAT ARE REPORTED TO THE CDC.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that there may be over 2 million abortions carried out in the US every year.

But, I also realize that abortions should be a women's or family's choice- or based on a doctors professional decision- NOT A DECISION TO BE MADE BY STATE LEGISLATORS FOR POLITICAL POWER GRABS, one-up·man·ships, OR FOR RELIGIOUS REASONS.

The consequences, as a direct result of banning abortions, will have a gravely enormous negative impact on our society overall.

The main two reasons are- many women will die as a result of carrying their babies to term- And as many as 2 million unwanted babies being born every year will end up being orphaned and a huge financial burden on local and state governments to feed them, raise them, and keep a roof over their heads until grown!

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!
    I'd say banning them is as equally bad as legalizing them on demand through the third trimester as many pro-abortion fanatics want. Either way is a political power grab.

My view is legalize them (either at the state level--preferred, or federal--a second worst choice) through the first trimester with exceptions made for rape and sound medical reasons thereafter. That seems quite reasonable. At the same time, make it a couple's right to choose by including the man (exception rape obviously), and link those decisions to who has legal custody and pays child support (if that becomes an issue).

All of that is fair and equal.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    That republicans will now expand medicaid, child tax care credits, child care
    are you that incompetent that you can't care for your own children?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Rape is a criminal act, as I'm sure you're aware. The issues of rape are really separate from abortion as a result. Sure, pregnancy can occur from a rape, and does, but that's a tiny fraction of the total abortions performed in the US. It can also be made an exception.

What we shouldn't be doing is making small exceptions the general case and rule for laws.
    What we "SHOULD BE DOING" is getting our noses out of a decision that belongs only to the woman in whose body the pregnancy is occurring...and her doctor, if she wants to include the doctor.

The decision to terminate a pregnancy belongs only to the person in whose body the pregnancy is occurring...not to some judges, legislatures, or gods.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

I'd say banning them is as equally bad as legalizing them on demand through the third trimester as many pro-abortion fanatics want. Either way is a political power grab.

My view is legalize them (either at the state level--preferred, or federal--a second worst choice) through the first trimester with exceptions made for rape and sound medical reasons thereafter. That seems quite reasonable. At the same time, make it a couple's right to choose by including the man (exception rape obviously), and link those decisions to who has legal custody and pays child support (if that becomes an issue).

All of that is fair and equal.
    1) No one is pro-abortion, TA, and you know it.

2) You anti-choice people think you can make personal choices for others where that kind of thing is totally inappropriate. In the case of whether or not to terminate a pregnancy, IT IS INAPPROPRIATE.

3) Leaving decisions of this magnitude to states rather than treat them at a federal level is like leaving decisions on whether or not to allow slavery to the states rather than handle it at a federal level.

4) The reason some people argue for abortion through the third trimester is because the anti-choice people want to start the prohibition at the moment conception takes place. If you anti-choice people would get off that unreasonable position, I am sure the pro-choice people would make reasonable accommodation.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    What we "SHOULD BE DOING" is getting our noses out of a decision that belongs only to the woman in whose body the pregnancy is occurring...and her doctor, if she wants to include the doctor.

The decision to terminate a pregnancy belongs only to the person in whose body the pregnancy is occurring...not to some judges, legislatures, or gods.
    Then end child support as it is currently structured.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    1) No one is pro-abortion, TA, and you know it.
    I'd say that might have been true in the 80's and 90's but not today. There are people on the Left now that are pro-abortion.

2) You anti-choice people think you can make personal choices for others where that kind of thing is totally inappropriate. In the case of whether or not to terminate a pregnancy, IT IS INAPPROPRIATE.
    I've argued consistently it is a couple's right to choose because of the child support issue. You can't have it both ways in favor of the woman.

3) Leaving decisions of this magnitude to states rather than treat them at a federal level is like leaving decisions on whether or not to allow slavery to the states rather than handle it at a federal level.
    Why? If anything, the federal government is far more incompetent than state governments. Slavery had a federal side to it because a slave owner could take or move slaves to a non-slave state. That created an interstate issue. On the other hand, abortions are a brief medical procedure and have no interstate component.

4) The reason some people argue for abortion through the third trimester is because the anti-choice people want to start the prohibition at the moment conception takes place. If you anti-choice people would get off that unreasonable position, I am sure the pro-choice people would make reasonable accommodation.
    Irrelevant to my position on this. I think such persons are monsters. It's that simple. Reasonable accommodation to me is through the first trimester.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    That republicans will now expand medicaid, child tax care credits, child care

Yes any day now
    Roe is not gone. It's just never been part of the Constitution. If you weren't an uneducated, lying, race hustling, worthless piece of human excrement, you would know that.

Why do leftists think people are too stupid to provide for their own healthcare, their own child care and themselves? We don't need MORE Government programs, we need NO government programs.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Nope, Republicans don't care about babies after they come out.
    I don't think you can post without lying and looking like a mentally challenged moron.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

10. The Following User Groans At Truth Detector For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (06-28-2022)

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    So one could theorize the Roe ruling of thieving US Constitution arsonists killing of babies is going back to business as usual with thieving US Constitution arsonists killing everyone with a banger of cross conditioning the Islamidiotocracy so everyone will pay attention like Russia's Orthodox Church rootin' tootin' Putin.....
    mental case
    noun
    : a crazy person
    That guy is a complete mental case.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It's never been about the sanctity of life.
    Not for lying leftist asshats like you. That's obvious.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Gardner is just a hatemongering jerk. Typical Trump supporter.
    You're too much of a simple minded dumbass to comprehend the irony of this post.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Then it should also not surprise you that the vast majority of abortions are women of color.

Ironic because the ideology you support and defend suggests the exact opposite. You're not very smart are you?

Abortions have not been banned. Why lie?

That's a massive pile of lie filled bullshit snowflake.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Then it should also not surprise you that the vast majority of abortions are women of color.

Ironic because the ideology you support and defend suggests the exact opposite. You're not very smart are you?

Abortions have not been banned. Why lie?

That's a massive pile of lie filled bullshit snowflake.
    I only have two words for the likes of you!

FUCK OFF!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Frank Apisa (06-28-2022)

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I only have two words for the likes of you!

FUCK OFF!
    Triggered halfwit says what?

You should do the world a favor and kill yourself. No one would care. No one would notice. The world's collective IQ would go up.