Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations, you took freedom away…

1. #676 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Funny how the right wing wonks who scream bloody murder that ANY type of gun control legislation is akin to or will lead to total Confiscation and Banning of civilian owned weapons. And yet, they are perfectly okay with a ruling that allows some states to virtually ban or make impossible for women to choose abortion.

Funny that.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-03-2022), Guno צְבִי (06-30-2022)

3. #677 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Niche Political Commentor View Post
    Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Question: how is giving people a choice "forcing views" on anyone? Prior to the nonsense of the right wing zealots on the SCOTUS, Roe vs. Wade didn't have ANY language that "forced" anyone to have an abortion. So I await your explanation.

Many americans do not support you killing babies, and will not support your "choice" to kill them.
    Please produce the number of cases since Roe vs. Wade decision where the State M.E. and the local courts ruled that a baby was murdered by abortion. You do understand that murder requires a body that can be identified by BIRTHDATE (for one), right?

Now I'm not asking for your parroting religious dogma, or your opinion or feeling. I want FACTS. If you can't produce them, that means you're just another babbling Christo-fascist who blows smoke when faced with a question that you can't honestly answer without contradicting yourself.

I'm still waiting for that explanation.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

4. #678 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Not everyone is a christer goyim
    you don't have to be a christer goyim to not allow gender based abortions. you just have to not be a sociopath.

5. #679 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Please produce the number of cases since Roe vs. Wade decision where the State M.E. and the local courts ruled that a baby was murdered by abortion. You do understand that murder requires a body that can be identified by BIRTHDATE (for one), right?

Now I'm not asking for your parroting religious dogma, or your opinion or feeling. I want FACTS. If you can't produce them, that means you're just another babbling Christo-fascist who blows smoke when faced with a question that you can't honestly answer without contradicting yourself.

im an atheist.

the facts are, using the definition of life, the zygot/blastocyst/fetus/baby is alive at every point from the moment of conception. The only question is when you are comfortable ending that unique human life. When you kill babies, you are being a murderer.
    NPC is a beloved internet personality. Their pronouns are he/him. NPC fully recognizes the inherent privilege of being able to post on a message board, and as such NPC makes sure to avoid all social media where the trust and safety council flags something as dangerous to think about. He avoids all tweets that are disputed, and only supports mainstream news sources where former CIA, NSA and FBI serve as talking heads.The future is female, orange man bad, black lives matter, and wear a damn mask!

6. #680 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,480 Times in 52,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

im an atheist.

the facts are, using the definition of life, the zygot/blastocyst/fetus/baby is alive at every point from the moment of conception. The only question is when you are comfortable ending that unique human life. When you kill babies, you are being a murderer.
    Are you saying the sperm and egg were dead prior to fertilization of the egg?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Taichiliberal (07-01-2022)

8. #681 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

im an atheist.

Atheists don't truck with theocratic based rulings in any shape, form or matter. So given the topic, forgive me if I find your claim dubious at best.

The facts are you and your ilk keep blathering on about "killing babies". I asked for a documented case for such....given that murder of any kind has to be determined by a State Medical Examiner. That requires a body, NOT a zygote or blastocyst. They don't have birth days.
    A developing fetus is NOT a baby by any medical definition, and a premature birth requires all types of heroic medical acts and technology for a chance that premature baby (Baby being outside the womb) to develop further to the point that it can breath and eat on it's own. I would like to see where you got your "definition of life" in this regard.

So I ask you again, where is your proof that a birthed baby was murdered? Now I don't want another rehash of religious dogma on the subject like you just gave. Show me the medical records where an M.E. presented evidence in a court of law that Doctor So&So purposely caused the death of a living, breathing BIRTHED BABY.

If you're going to waste my time with just a parrot of the SOS you previously gave, then I won't waste time and effort responding. The objective reader will see your failure. Carry on.

George Orwell

9. #682 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Did the court also take away from the government and give the freedom to individuals to carry guns and pray in public places?
    Let me explain it to you:

If your idea of "freedom" infringes upon my idea of "freedom", then a compromise has to be met to accommodate both.

That is why the framers of the Constitution made damned sure that you had freedom of religion (to worship in the church of your choice and follow its rules) and freedom from religion (not to worship or believe in/of a deity, or have your livelihood dictated by others religion).
    Compromises come (or came) in the form of "Christmas" and "Jewish" holidays.

That is why State and Federal rules limited where and how you can have the "right to bear arms", as to not endanger others should you deem it necessary (for any reason) to use said firearm. This is why in some states you can have a high powered hunting rifle on an open rack on the back of your vehicle, while in others you have to have a special permit (or you use to) to carry a concealed handgun. Compromises came in the form of States regulating their own gun laws to a large degree, while the Fed banned a limited number of weapons from civilian use in ALL 50 states (i.e., military issue & full automatic weapons).

The right wing faction of the SCOTUS seems intent or a complete reversal of all this.

George Orwell

10. #683 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    It’s actually the right to Privacy, which was much larger than abortion. It was the right to make basic personal decisions that most directly affect who we as individuals are.

The conservatives could easily have left that right alone and carved Abortion out of it. Instead these guys took it away giving the government the power to once again regulate access to birth control, who we can marry and any other number of personal decisions.

They took power away from individuals and gave it to the government.
    In the U.S. and despite the gutter war seditious repukes and their insurrectionist gutter mob have raging on against Democracy, society and the common decency of humanity on Earth, and at also using their miserable creatures who vote against their own interest who are probably ok at making to hell with tRump and the GOP, what they manage to conspire in the gutter to take away from the common decency of humanity and its wellbeing can be put back as has been the case for generations. It's an atrocity that the evolutional process has regressed backward at a portion of humanity becoming nothing but uncivilized barbarians who are incapable of either supporting or coexisting in a civilized global society.

11. #684 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 47 Posts

Let me deconstruct your response sentence by sentence:

1) On the contrary, the SCOTUS determines that states do not have the right to make abortion available in any state regardless of circumstance, and there is NO right to privacy regarding their decision. They have essentially opened the door for states to make abortion unconstitutional and to enforce such a stance by any means necessary...they have made that legal! https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54513499 https://www.npr.org/2022/05/17/10994...ter-roe-v-wade

2) See links in #1.

3) Law making followed it's legal course to the SCOTUS on both counts ... The SCOTUS just didn't decide to rule without anyone filing a case.

4) Your last sentence is pure supposition and conjecture....please provide documentation, because your opinion is not fact.

Once again, the question of how you equate removing choice with keeping in step with the Constitution and Bill of Rights has yet to be answered by the cheerleaders for this latest SCOTUS decision.
    Your interpretation of the ruling is severely flawed. It makes no decision whatsoever on abortion itself. It merely says elected officials in state legislatures are responsible for that not the judicial branch. It even hints at Congress itself passing abortion law. Not often do you see any government entity give up power and this ruling did exactly that. It was a big win for our constitution being respected and kept intact
    " Never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up "

Woke is the new Nazi's

12. #685 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 47 Posts

Read the map, genius....then tell that to the people in the red color states and such.
    Who can go to any neighboring state if they want an abortion
    " Never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up "

Woke is the new Nazi's

13. #686 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyerloggingon View Post

Let me deconstruct your response sentence by sentence:

1) On the contrary, the SCOTUS determines that states do not have the right to make abortion available in any state regardless of circumstance, and there is NO right to privacy regarding their decision. They have essentially opened the door for states to make abortion unconstitutional and to enforce such a stance by any means necessary...they have made that legal! https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54513499 https://www.npr.org/2022/05/17/10994...ter-roe-v-wade

2) See links in #1.

3) Law making followed it's legal course to the SCOTUS on both counts ... The SCOTUS just didn't decide to rule without anyone filing a case.

4) Your last sentence is pure supposition and conjecture....please provide documentation, because your opinion is not fact.

Once again, the question of how you equate removing choice with keeping in step with the Constitution and Bill of Rights has yet to be answered by the cheerleaders for this latest SCOTUS decision.

Your interpretation of the ruling is severely flawed. It makes no decision whatsoever on abortion itself. It merely says elected officials in state legislatures are responsible for that not the judicial branch. It even hints at Congress itself passing abortion law. Not often do you see any government entity give up power and this ruling did exactly that. It was a big win for our constitution being respected and kept intact
    Again, a sentence by sentence deconstruction:

1. I make no "interpretation" but state clearly and plainly the FACTS and the logical conclusion of said facts from the ruling. The links I provided in the previous bare witness to this....the information in said links that YOU HAVE NOT AND APPARENTLY CANNOT LOGICALLY AND FACTUALLY REFUTE.

2. You are either painfully unaware of the topic, basically incorrect regarding the ruling itself or a bad liar. Please read the following carefully and comprehensively (especially the first paragraph), because we ain't talking about the weather here: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...-1392_6j37.pdf

3. It states a hell of a lot more than your misleading and simplistic assertion. I strongly urge you to review the dissenting remarks of Justices Kagan, Sotomayor, and Breyer in the link provided in #2 here.

4 - 6. Pure supposition and conjecture that ignores the nuances and many conclusions of what has actually happened.

The question remains: how does rescinding a law and allowing states to rule against choice in a private medical decision keep in step with the Constitution and Bill of Rights emphasis on freedom?

George Orwell

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-03-2022)

15. #687 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyerloggingon View Post
    Read the map, genius....then tell that to the people in the red color states and such.

Who can go to any neighboring state if they want an abortion
    Assuming that the neighboring state is not of the same BS Christo-fascist mindset, as the map shows. Making the choice as difficult or near impossible as they can.

Here's the thing: No one is asking you & yours a damned thing.....it's a private decision between the woman, her partner/husband (if that is the case) and the doctor (if she has a primary healthcare physician). None of your tax dollars are funding such ... that old canard by the Christo-fascists has been put to bed numerous times. And no one is putting a gun to anyone's head saying "you must have an abortion". So mind your own damned business, because the same mindset you push here can be used to have states ban contraception of any kind. Hell, why not stop all this nonsense at the source? Make vasectomy mandatory for all males until they can prove financial and emotional maturity to be fathers? Or tubal ligation for all females with the same requirements for motherhood? If you're going to justify this latest BS, why not just be honest and go whole hog? It would be the theocratic thing to do.

George Orwell

16. #688 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Are you saying the sperm and egg were dead prior to fertilization of the egg?
    nope they are alive too as they are cellular life, but they aren't a unique human because they don't have a full chromosomal set.
    NPC is a beloved internet personality. Their pronouns are he/him. NPC fully recognizes the inherent privilege of being able to post on a message board, and as such NPC makes sure to avoid all social media where the trust and safety council flags something as dangerous to think about. He avoids all tweets that are disputed, and only supports mainstream news sources where former CIA, NSA and FBI serve as talking heads.The future is female, orange man bad, black lives matter, and wear a damn mask!

17. #689 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Atheists don't truck with theocratic based rulings in any shape, form or matter. So given the topic, forgive me if I find your claim dubious at best.

The facts are you and your ilk keep blathering on about "killing babies". I asked for a documented case for such....given that murder of any kind has to be determined by a State Medical Examiner. That requires a body, NOT a zygote or blastocyst. They don't have birth days.
    A developing fetus is NOT a baby by any medical definition, and a premature birth requires all types of heroic medical acts and technology for a chance that premature baby (Baby being outside the womb) to develop further to the point that it can breath and eat on it's own. I would like to see where you got your "definition of life" in this regard.

So I ask you again, where is your proof that a birthed baby was murdered? Now I don't want another rehash of religious dogma on the subject like you just gave. Show me the medical records where an M.E. presented evidence in a court of law that Doctor So&So purposely caused the death of a living, breathing BIRTHED BABY.

If you're going to waste my time with just a parrot of the SOS you previously gave, then I won't waste time and effort responding. The objective reader will see your failure. Carry on.
    you fucking retard i've been an atheist on this forum for like 2 decades. pay attention.

once fertilized, we have a unique human life. aborting it is killing it, and depending at what stage your perform the abortion, it is murder. no religious belief needed.

18. #690 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,242 Times in 10,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries