Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations, you took freedom away…

1. #766 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    by that reasoning an acorn is "simply" an oak tree..
    An ungerminated acorn is not an oak tree. It isn't advancing through the life cycle of an oak tree (it is remaining an acorn).

A germinated acorn, however, IS an oak tree. It is, from that point onward, continually striving to advance through the entire life cycle of an oak tree.

[Likewise, from the moment of conception ("fertilization") and onward, the newly formed diploid cell is continually striving to advance through the entire life cycle of a human].

there are medical/biological terms for a reason.
    Indeed.

use them
    I already am.

2. #767 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I believe Scott Peterson was charged with two murders, one of his wife and one of his close to full-term baby, meaning it could have lived outside the womb.
    Ummmmm, what do you mean "murder"??? Scott Peterson, according to YOUR OWN reasoning on this issue, was simply providing that baby with healthcare.

OWN IT.

3. #768 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    I do wish these cretins would actually read up on the topic they devote so much faith in. This is an eye opener for them, but I doubt if they have the intellectual courage and honesty to read carefully and comprehensively https://www.ncsl.org/research/health...tate-laws.aspx
    I am already aware of Wisconsin law regarding abortion.

4. #769 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That boy is one dim bulb .... the reason I have him on permanent ignore. Your exchanges are a riot.
    I don't believe you.

5. #770 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Does he (or she) even understand the "sybil" reference?
    Yes.

6. #771 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    I wonder why leftist states like MI, and WI are "likely to ban" abortion on this map...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #772 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

8. #773 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I wonder why leftist states like MI, and WI are "likely to ban" abortion on this map...
    This map is in error. Wisconsin has already criminalized the act of abortion (and this criminalization goes way back to 1849, in fact).

And maybe that's because neither Michigan nor Wisconsin are "leftist states"... The people who I've talked to here in Wisconsin tend to be quite conservative in their political views, and there are numbers of others who were once more "leftist" in their views who are no longer that way now... not so much that their views have changed all that much, but more-so because the political left has become SO radical that these people have been pushed over the "center line" into the "conservative camp".

Our state legislature is currently dominated by Republicans (a number of them are RINOs, unfortunately) and King Evers is only governor due to Milwaukee County election fraud during the middle of the night (as a number of the 2020 election fraud tactics were also implemented here in 2018). In November, there is a chance (however small) that our state legislature could become a Republican supermajority. That doesn't sound like the situation of a "leftist state" to me.

Yes, the Madison and Milwaukee areas are quite liberal. Yes, various college towns across the state are quite liberal. Yes, the Menominee Indian reservation is quite liberal. However, many small towns and rural areas across the entire state are quite conservative, and my guess is that the statewide elections this year (assuming semi-legitimate elections) will favor Republicans. Liberals don't quite have the numbers here, so they must resort to fraud in order to retain any sort of state-level power. Hardly the situation of a "leftist state"...

Michigan is in a similar boat, except their state Republican Party is even more corrupt than ours is. Outside of the Detroit metro area (and some other areas here and there), Michigan is quite conservative as well.

9. #774 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Paid abortion, save on maternity leave: seems like a fair tradeoff to me.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

10. #775 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    This map is in error. Wisconsin has already criminalized the act of abortion (and this criminalization goes way back to 1849, in fact).

And maybe that's because neither Michigan nor Wisconsin are "leftist states"... The people who I've talked to here in Wisconsin tend to be quite conservative in their political views, and there are numbers of others who were once more "leftist" in their views who are no longer that way now... not so much that their views have changed all that much, but more-so because the political left has become SO radical that these people have been pushed over the "center line" into the "conservative camp".

Our state legislature is currently dominated by Republicans (a number of them are RINOs, unfortunately) and King Evers is only governor due to Milwaukee County election fraud during the middle of the night (as a number of the 2020 election fraud tactics were also implemented here in 2018). In November, there is a chance (however small) that our state legislature could become a Republican supermajority. That doesn't sound like the situation of a "leftist state" to me.

Yes, the Madison and Milwaukee areas are quite liberal. Yes, various college towns across the state are quite liberal. Yes, the Menominee Indian reservation is quite liberal. However, many small towns and rural areas across the entire state are quite conservative, and my guess is that the statewide elections this year (assuming semi-legitimate elections) will favor Republicans. Liberals don't quite have the numbers here, so they must resort to fraud in order to retain any sort of state-level power. Hardly the situation of a "leftist state"...

Michigan is in a similar boat, except their state Republican Party is even more corrupt than ours is. Outside of the Detroit metro area (and some other areas here and there), Michigan is quite conservative as well.
    Yet y'all vote for Ds regularly on a state level. Such dichotomy makes folks ask questions. The map is wrong, if a law was triggered by the ruling it should not say "likely to ban"...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #776 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yet y'all vote for Ds regularly on a state level.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. The governor and attorney general slots are only D atm because of Milwaukee County election fraud in 2018. Before then, under semi-legitimate election conditions, Republicans were in control of both slots. We've also recently had a couple of supreme court seats (likely) frauded away from us too (which barely tilts conservative atm). Ron Johnson upset long time favorite Russ Feingold during the tea party wave in 2010 and he won re-election in 2016. I hope he wins again this November, although Democrats seem like they will choose a strong Obama-esque candidate to run against him who is faking like he gives a shit about the working class all while supporting policies that will only further harm the working class. Hopefully this cycle favoring conservatives will give Ron Johnson the needed boost over the finish line.

Our senate only needs one more seat to become veto-proof (likely to happen) and our assembly needs five more seats to become veto-proof (much more difficult, but there's still a chance for it).

Our primaries are in about a month (August 9th) and hopefully we can choose decent candidates who aren't RINO POS's. Donald Trump has endorsed Tim Michels for governor, which will probably be who I end up voting for in the primary. Let's just say that I don't want Rebecca Kleefisch to be governor (too many establishment ties, plus Robin Vos endorsed her), I don't trust Kevin Nicholson (and he isn't really gaining traction anyway), and Timothy Ramthun is a great MAGA candidate but he's not getting the traction that the others are getting. In the end, I'd gladly vote for Michels, who seems to be fairly MAGA, to keep Kleefisch out.

Such dichotomy makes folks ask questions.
    The only statewide Democrat example that I can really give you is having Tammy Baldwin as our senator. Otherwise-sensible-enough people actually legitimately vote for that useless hag, and only God knows why that is. However, she did have a weak opponent in 2018 (along with that cycle being a Democrat-favorable cycle). Republicans need to present a strong MAGA candidate in 2024 if they hope to unseat Tammy Baldwin.

The map is wrong, if a law was triggered by the ruling it should not say "likely to ban"...
    Correct. It shouldn't say "likely to ban" for Wisconsin because Wisconsin already has a law on the books (dating back to 1849) that criminalizes abortion (State Statute 940.04) and the reversal of Roe v Wade means that this law is now in full force and effect. --- If Republicans win Governor and Attorney General in November, this law will be wholeheartedly enforced and any DA's refusing to enforce it will be fired.
    Last edited by gfm7175; 07-06-2022 at 09:37 AM.

12. #777 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

They aren't.

They aren't.

They are telling you that you cannot murder your own offspring. You have no right to murder.

Where were you when Demonkkkrats were forcing the ultimatum of "get a jab or lose your job" down people's throats?? Where were you with your "my body my choice" chant during those 2.5 years?? Where were you??

That's right... you weren't even simply on the sidelines being silent... you were actively cheering it on. "FUCK MY BODY MY CHOICE", said christiefan915... "GET A JAB OR LOSE YOUR JOB, DAMNIT!!!!" THAT'S what you said, that's what you did, and that's the legacy that you have to live with. So no, you don't actually believe those words, and those words hold no water when you say them, especially after the COVID jab ultimatum that Demonkkkrats shoved down people's throats...

Nope. That's you again, good buddy.

Removing Roe v Wade did not ban abortion, dude... It will still exist, and a number of States will still condone the murdering of one's own offspring. Maybe you should move to one of THOSE states?? You have the, wait for it, FREEDOM to do so. However, you DO NOT have the right to boss around other states, such as Wisconsin, regarding this issue. Wisconsin doesn't take kindly to abortion, so if you love to murder your own offspring, then you're gonna have to do it elsewhere. Feel free to move out of Wisconsin while you're at it; we have too many libtards here the way it is.
    Save your energy, dudette. AFAIK there is no law on the books that says abortion is "murder," and no woman was prosecuted for "murdering" her fetus. Hyperbole doesn't help your argument.

No Democrats were "forcing" anybody to get jabbed, you're an effing liar. Businesses, schools and other organizations may have required jabs for public safety but they also gave exemptions. And if you read my posts, which I'm 100% sure you did not, you'd see that I wanted people to get vaxxed but didn't demand it. I'm in no position to demand that anybody do anything about the vax. Are you?

Now link up to this fabrication dudette, or admit that you're nothing but a lying loser launching ad homs at your betters. "That's right... you weren't even simply on the sidelines being silent... you were actively cheering it on. "FUCK MY BODY MY CHOICE", said christiefan915... "GET A JAB OR LOSE YOUR JOB, DAMNIT!!!!" THAT'S what you said, that's what you did, and that's the legacy that you have to live with."

While you're looking for that link, find the other one where I claimed that removing R v W meant abortion was banned. And good luck with that, lying loser. Btw I have no intention of leaving my state, dudette; abortion is legal here and if the repugnants try to make it illegal, the governor will veto their efforts.

If you can't respond to this with anything other than more lies and hyperbole, consider yourself dismissed.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

13. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-06-2022)

14. #778 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyerloggingon View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Not quite.....I was incorrect in stating that there were a miniscule number, as of 4 years ago it was 38 States.. https://www.ncsl.org/research/health...tate-laws.aspx

BUT

As always, the devil is in the details. Case in point, in Oklahoma defines unborn child as a human being. Homicide does not include legal abortion or instances of death during normal medical, therapeutic or diagnostic testing. A mother shall not be prosecuted for the death of an unborn child unless the death was a result of criminal behavior.

So now all YOU have to do is link the cases where the coroner listed the pregnancy as an individual "person"....much less with a name. Yeah, it does matter, because each state has it's nuances that don't work out exactly as you think, much less in general terms.

I did what I needed to do to blow up your argument and you now admit murder has been charged for killing an unborn baby. Time to move on.
    Typical MAGA minion cop out (note the dodge of post #757).....when taken to task and having their myopic blathering deconstructed with ALL pertaining information, they just go into parrot mode and declare victory. The objective and rational readers with a G.E.D. and above reading comprehension looks at the chronology of the posts and sees Sawyer's folly.

But I do agree, Sawyer should log out, because he's got nothing expect cheers from the intellectually impotent MAGA peanut gallery.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 07-06-2022 at 06:53 PM.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

15. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (07-06-2022)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-06-2022)

17. #779 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I do wish these cretins would actually read up on the topic they devote so much faith in. This is an eye opener for them, but I doubt if they have the intellectual courage and honesty to read carefully and comprehensively https://www.ncsl.org/research/health...tate-laws.aspx
    I am already aware of Wisconsin law regarding abortion.
    Really? Then you should understand what they say here. I've highlighted in case you don't (or for the readers to see you're in denial:"... declare that any person who intentionally destroys the life of an unborn quick child or causes the death of the mother by an act done with intent to destroy the life of an unborn child is guilty of homicide. It is unnecessary to prove that the fetus was alive when the act so causing the mother's death was committed.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

18. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (07-06-2022)

19. #780 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That boy is one dim bulb .... the reason I have him on permanent ignore. Your exchanges are a riot.
    I don't believe you.
    It works like this: you can ban someone from a thread you create at the outset or you can put them on an "ignore" list. When you are on someone's ignore list, a notification pops up that tells you such ever time you try to respond to that person. You saw such a notification for about a month or so when posted on one of my threads or tried to respond directly to me. The only time I see their post is if a non-ignored poster responds to them I keep some people on for about a month or so, then check in periodically to see if they've grown up and want to discuss/debate like a rational adult or just continue to be a troll. Junior has proven to nothing but, hence the permanent ignore. Some people have an official status on this site and can't be banned from threads...but they can be ignored.

Your belief is not required for the aforementioned to be. Carry on.

George Orwell

20. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (07-06-2022)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (07-06-2022)