Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Roe V Wade has been overturned.

1. #781 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Why would I need a biology lecture? Why should I thank my lucky stars? For taking responsibility?
    "Using the withdrawal method for birth control requires self-control. Even then, the withdrawal method isn't an especially effective form of birth control. Sperm may enter the vagina if withdrawal isn't properly timed or if pre-ejaculation fluid contains sperm."

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (06-26-2022)

3. #782 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,242 Times in 10,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Earl (06-26-2022), ExpressLane (06-26-2022)

5. #783 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    the 4th protects your papers and effects. Government needs a search warrant etc.
    If you havent noticed we have no privacy rights -drones, algoritims virtually every keystroke can be seen without a warrant

It doesn't mean the states cant regulate abortion.
    the states have a vested interest in not aborting a viable fetus

Look I recall the Roe construct. Im that old. I remember everyone was shocked at teh privacy claims
    The 14th is equal protection, and is only if play if abortion is a right -it doesn't determine that right being implied

I answered another of your posts on bodily autonomy. I'm a libertarian "my body my choice" is my manta.
    Bur we dont have that either.. The rest is more a rant. not going there
    I don’t necessarily disagree with you but the flaw in abortion rights is the same as privacy and bodily autonomy rights. They need to to be codified. However, good luck doing that with this courts make up.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #784 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

slavery was banned by amendment after the civil war. Civil Rights was codifed in 1964. it worked out fine

If you want abortion to be in the same category,then get Congress to act
    ( which it will never do about anything without an electoral gun at it's collective heads)
    Oh I eminently agree that abortion rights should be codified and should have been a long time ago.

I think you miss my point on Civil Rights and Slavery. Before they were codified into Federal Law they had previously been remanded to the States and all did not go well until they were codified into law. Which I’m pretty sure will be the case when unqualified third party persons, like lawyers, politicians and preachers start making decisions only a woman and her doctor should make. Which inevitably will cause preventable deaths and disabling injuries.

7. #785 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Might be impossible to prove. She can go to Connecticut, say she had a miscarriage, and that would be that. If Missouri authorities looked into the matter and discovered Connecticut was the state she had visited they would run into a brick wall investigating what had happened there in the form of new Connecticut law that forbids Connecticut abortion providers from cooperating in out of state investigations into this lawful Connecticut conduct.
    And there's also HIPAA to consider. Are they going to start stalking every woman who travels to another state and demanding her health care info from that state's providers? Not likely.

That bill isn't meant to save fetuses. It's meant to criminalize and punish women for being "sluts."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-26-2022), martin (06-26-2022)

9. #786 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,485 Times in 52,488 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    And there's also HIPAA to consider. Are they going to start stalking every woman who travels to another state and demanding her health care info from that state's providers? Not likely.

That bill isn't meant to save fetuses. It's meant to criminalize and punish women for being "sluts."
    Worse, it's meant to control women and the poor. This is what happens when chipping away at individual rights goes mainstream.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-27-2022), evince (06-26-2022), ThatOwlWoman (06-26-2022)

11. #787 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,184 Times in 14,718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

12. #788 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I'm not here to give you a biology lecture. Let's just say you should thank your lucky stars that you beat the odds with that method.
    "Do you know what they call people who use the Rhythm Method?"

"Parents"

Maybe he's shooting blanks and can't have kids. LOL

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-26-2022), evince (06-26-2022), ThatOwlWoman (06-26-2022)

14. #789 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Pro choicers are a significant majority in America. Close to 70%.
    It doesn't matter. The two major political parties have divided the nation in "Us & Them" with their key wedge issues. They are each very divisive and very anti-freedom. Each has spent the past 30 years since the Cold War ended in demonizing the other opposition.

15. #790 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

slavery was banned by amendment after the civil war. Civil Rights was codifed in 1964. it worked out fine

If you want abortion to be in the same category,then get Congress to act
    ( which it will never do about anything without an electoral gun at it's collective heads)
    Oh I eminently agree that abortion rights should be codified and should have been a long time ago.

I think you miss my point on Civil Rights and Slavery. Before they were codified into Federal Law they had previously been remanded to the States and all did not go well until they were codified into law. Which I’m pretty sure will be the case when unqualified third party persons, like lawyers, politicians and preachers start making decisions only a woman and her doctor should make. Which inevitably will cause preventable deaths and disabling injuries.

16. #791 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is no individual Constitutional right to abortion being chipped away.

There never was. The original Roe decision was made after intimidation tactics by the far left.

The far left loons should apologize for a ruling that they forced that was never Constitutional.

Now they are violating federal law by protesting, illegally, at the homes of Supreme Court Justices in an effort to intimidate them into voting differently.

A/G Garland will not prosecute these illegal protests.

He will be removed after the red tsunami in November.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Life is Golden (06-26-2022)

18. #792 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Absolutely it’s meant to marginalize women and put them in their place. It is also manifestly an unjust and undue burden on our religious rights.

However if the States who are going to ban abortion and birth control actually attempt to prosecute women and as womens morbidity and mortality rates climb and as womens economic and political rights decline a threshold will be reached and the far right will prove themselves to be the authoritarian fascist they are then the whole thing will crash and burn.

However the the biggest problem Democrats will have will be to marginalize the influence of the neo-Marxist progressives who are the gift that keeps on giving to Republicans.

This whole sorry situation could have been avoided in the first place as Republicans would not have been in power to stack SCOTUS with religious conservative ideologues in the first place.

The neo-Marxist progressive wing of the Democratic Party is the singular most disliked political coalition in this nation. With their Identity politics, their hypersensitive PC, their purity tests and Cancel Culture they are largely despised across the entire political spectrum of this country and they have political influence far in excess of their numbers.

If that influence isn’t reduced to being proportional to their numbers then Democrats will continue to lose elections they could easily win were it not for the progressive factions. It’s pretty apparent that voters prefer an ugly but chosen fascism to the progressives obligatory paradise.

Until that changes the Democrats will be about as effective on this as my neutered pup.

For Democrats to make any meaningful progress to

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

20. #793 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

It’s designed to keep women piping white babies and being dependent on white men

Proud boys crap

The Republican Party has a proud boys mindset

It’s Their fantasy that this will save the power in this nation for white men

It’s an idiots game

A dying gasp of sociopathic assholes with control issues

They can’t win

Their only path is failure

That is the only way it turns out

Failure for them

Winning for democracy

They are doomed

21. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

22. #794 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It doesn't matter. The two major political parties have divided the nation in "Us & Them" with their key wedge issues. They are each very divisive and very anti-freedom. Each has spent the past 30 years since the Cold War ended in demonizing the other opposition.
    Nope dutch

It’s all the Republican Party

The Democratic Party is not being divisive by standing against an insane Republican Party

Your bullshit ain’t flying

23. #795 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Nope dutch

It’s all the Republican Party

The Democratic Party is not being divisive by standing against an insane Republican Party

Your bullshit ain’t flying
    evince, you know I love you but you are being divisive now; Us versus Them.