Thread: Cops have no constitutional duty to protect you

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,340 Times in 52,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yup. Sick isn't it? Every one of them should be fired for not enforcing the law. It isn't their duty to protect their kids, but it is their duty to enforce the law and stop the shooter. No excuse is good enough for their inaction.
    I'm content to wait for the investigation to be completed, but, offhand, it appears to be a failure of leadership and training. There appears to be confusion about jurisdiction too along with local political bullshit.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    What do you call someone who spends months spreading lies in order to incite people to attack the Capitol, but then doesn't attend the attack on the Capitol themselves?
    A cowardly asshole.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

LV426 (06-23-2022)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What is the assumption?
    that no JPP loudmouthed keyboard warriors attended the rally or attacked the Capitol. He denied being there himself earlier last year.

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Yup. Sick isn't it? Every one of them should be fired for not enforcing the law.
    You're still under the foolish impression that this was a collection of individual failures and not a systemic failure that would have occurred regardless of who was standing outside that door.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It isn't their duty to protect their kids, but it is their duty to enforce the law and stop the shooter.
    No, it isn't their duty to do that because that would be protecting people, which the cops do not have to do according to the Conservative SCOTUS majority.

This wasn't a group of individual failures all happening at the same time; this was a single, systemic failure that would have happened regardless of the character of cops standing outside the unlocked classroom door.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyerloggingon View Post
    I need actual facts before I decide what to think.
    because you're obviously incapable of formulating what happened yourself..........sheeple
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I'm content to wait for the investigation to be completed, but, offhand, it appears to be a failure of leadership and training. There appears to be confusion about jurisdiction too along with local political bullshit.
    Who is conducting this investigation that you think is going to be truthful, complete, and not a cover up?

And is it an investigation into the police response, or the shooting? Because they haven't clarified what exactly they are investigating.

Why would you:

a) let the cops who failed to protect the kids be the ones to investigate why
    b) trust in what the cops say after they've already been caught lying
    c) not have the FBI lead the investigation? Because the TX people want to cover up their systemic failures, obviously.

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    No, I don't believe in bragging about courage under fire from the safety of a keyboard, like you do.
    sure thing, karen
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL Wrong again, son, but funny to see you so sensitive on about the issue. You denied going yourself.
    you also believe i'm a trump cultist, mr wrong. funny you ignore your bullshit, karen.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Go fuck yourself with your gun.
    suck your own asshole, traitorous lying bitch

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

that no JPP loudmouthed keyboard warriors attended the rally or attacked the Capitol. He denied being there himself earlier last year.
    None of them attended the insurrection because none of them truly believed the lies they were spreading.

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL The Keyboard Kommandos on JPP talk a good game but are too afraid to do anything that would jeopardize their freedom.
    you should hurry up and bury your guns before they snitch you out to the FBI, karen

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What is the assumption?
    pay more attention, idiot.

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    suck your own asshole, traitorous lying bitch
    I'm not the one opposed to pluralistic, multiracial democracy.

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What do you call someone who spends months spreading lies in order to incite people to attack the Capitol, but then doesn't attend the attack on the Capitol themselves?
    instigators. what would YOU call them?